For those of you who wonder about battery life. Granted it hasn't been an entire cycle. No wifi, no bluetooth,my signal is about this or sometimes worse. mostly snapchat, safari, I think a 30 min phone call. other use here and there. defiantly not power housing it, just basic set up and other shananiganz.. I'll post updates thoughout the week, maybe do a real word 100% to 10% internet browsing sesh to see actual numbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life.-img_0037.png  
    Tartarus, NekoMichi and ame like this.
    09-18-2016 09:30 AM
    I got a solid 48 standby. More what I am used to. I do keep a lot turned off, as most people around here know.
    09-19-2016 12:50 PM
    I got a solid 48 standby. More what I am used to. I do keep a lot turned off, as most people around here know.
    For the 7 or the plus?
    M_A likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:05 PM
    On my standard 7 I just hit 50% and I've been unplugged and on Bluetooth the entire time for my Apple Watch since 5am. I keep location services on and receive notifications from eBay and a few other apps. I manually check email, though. Very happy with battery life. Can't imagine how much of a monster the plus will be.
    09-19-2016 04:08 PM
    I'm at 64% battery with 10:28 standby and 3:3 usage. Is that normal?
    09-19-2016 04:25 PM
    On my standard 7 I just hit 50% and I've been unplugged and on Bluetooth the entire time for my Apple Watch since 5am. I keep location services on and receive notifications from eBay and a few other apps. I manually check email, though. Very happy with battery life. Can't imagine how much of a monster the plus will be.
    Well technically, the 7+ is 1 hour more than the 6s+ and the 7 is equal to 6s+.. so all things being equal. the 7+ should only have 1 hour more than the 7
    09-19-2016 06:55 PM
    My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Has anyone else experienced any battery drain?

Thanks in advance.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-19-2016 07:32 PM
    My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Thanks in advance.
    What are your usage stats?
    09-19-2016 08:18 PM
    I really can't tell if I'm experiencing unusual battery drain. Currently I'm at 4.5 hours of usage and 14 hours and 24 mins standby. I'm at 47% with mostly web-browsing, some texting, and a bit of light gaming
    09-19-2016 08:21 PM
    I really can't tell if I'm experiencing unusual battery drain. Currently I'm at 4.5 hours of usage and 14 hours and 24 mins standby. I'm at 47% with mostly web-browsing, some texting, and a bit of light gaming
    That's roughly 8.5 to 9 hours usage. But it's difficult to gauge. A lot depends on several factors. The big 3 battery users are location services, push notifications, and screen brightness. Be sure all that is set like you want it. I have as few push notifications as possible. Very few apps and my weather. The same with location services and system services. Last week I had been noticing a bit of quick drain. Later I realized I had "Share My Location" on. Turned it off, and my battery got back to normal. For the most part, I don't worry about battery. It should last me until I upgrade again. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my phone.
    09-19-2016 09:16 PM
    That's roughly 8.5 to 9 hours usage. But it's difficult to gauge. A lot depends on several factors. The big 3 battery users are location services, push notifications, and screen brightness. Be sure all that is set like you want it. I have as few push notifications as possible. Very few apps and my weather. The same with location services and system services. Last week I had been noticing a bit of quick drain. Later I realized I had "Share My Location" on. Turned it off, and my battery got back to normal. For the most part, I don't worry about battery. It should last me until I upgrade again. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my phone.
    I've been noticing my battery draining more than normal lately, I was thinking its normal for a 1 year old iPhone to act.

I just noticed "share my location" was on and I just toggled it off as well, hope this helps my battery life...
    09-19-2016 11:39 PM
    For the 7 or the plus?
    Regular 7.

Presently at 4hrs 57min usage, and 37hr and 5min standby.
    09-20-2016 10:53 AM
    iPhone 7:
    Usage: 3 hours 30 minutes
    Standby: 7 hours 14 minutes
    Battery: 82%
    09-20-2016 11:10 AM
    Regular 7.

Presently at 4hrs 57min usage, and 37hr and 5min standby.
    Wow! I haven't let mine go a whole day yet. Today will be the day, I'm thinking.
    ame likes this.
    09-20-2016 11:21 AM
    iPhone 7:
    Usage: 3 hours 30 minutes
    Standby: 7 hours 14 minutes
    Battery: 82%
    Woah! You would be on track for 17.5 hours usage!
    ame likes this.
    09-20-2016 03:15 PM
    Wow! I haven't let mine go a whole day yet. Today will be the day, I'm thinking.
    I charged Friday while I was doing all the syncing and whatnots, but I didn't need to again til Sunday (I killed it) and will likely do the same today (again, haven't charged since then.) I tend to try to do that in the beginning because when you do the update (mine wasn't on 10.0.1) it's easier for me to get a read on battery if I charge it fully, then kill it, then recharge fully.
    09-20-2016 03:24 PM
    Woah! You would be on track for 17.5 hours usage!
    Update:
    Usage: 4:29
    Standby: 12:55
    Battery: 70%
    09-20-2016 04:51 PM
    Battery life is still awesome on my 1 year old iPhone 6s+
    Found out soundcloud is a battery drain on my phone
    09-21-2016 06:30 PM
    My battery usage on my 7 honestly isn't much different than my 6s. Perhaps a touch better, but about the same.
    violetjune likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:50 PM
    I have a question and maybe this is the wrong place but it's about an iPhone 7 battery.
    A coworker has an iPhone 7 and he's getting bad battery life. He's using Spotify at work, which I don't use and I'm seeing good battery life. We checked his battery stats and it said safari audio and Spotify audio were the top two drainers, specifically the safari audio. He said he's not using safari audio and all his apps are shut off. Does Spotify also pull from safari, or does he have a setting on that he needs to shut off?
    violetjune likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:20 PM
    I have a question and maybe this is the wrong place but it's about an iPhone 7 battery.
    A coworker has an iPhone 7 and he's getting bad battery life. He's using Spotify at work, which I don't use and I'm seeing good battery life. We checked his battery stats and it said safari audio and Spotify audio were the top two drainers, specifically the safari audio. He said he's not using safari audio and all his apps are shut off. Does Spotify also pull from safari, or does he have a setting on that he needs to shut off?
    I use Spotify more than any other music app and I do not notice any extra battery drain.. After I stopped using Soundcloud I got great battery life again, I love that app too... Here's my screenshot after using Spotify all day at work!
    09-21-2016 11:19 PM

Thanks in advance.

Hey my mom just got her rose gold iPhone 7 plus on monday 32gb. Wednesday she took it to school with her it was at 100% at midnight when she went to bed sat on the chair all night no activity whatsoever emails weren't even turned on yet. Before lunch the following day she sent 3 text messages and her phone was down to 18%
    Frehley likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:08 AM
    I ordered a 7 (for my old 6S Plus), wanted to downgrade in display size. Better battery on the small iPhone was one reason to downgrade now to 7 as the 6S was really not good from what I've read. Now that people say they have similar battery life as the 6S makes me wonder if I made the right decision. Same apps and same settings as before?

I got a "new" refurbished Macbook 12 from Apple two weeks ago. Battery life compared to my MBP13 from 2013 was terrible first, maybe half of the MBPs. But after 1-2 weeks it's almost similar, so maybe you should give your phone some time. I guess it really is right that battery life will improve over the first weeks. At least it was so with my Macbook and as I can remember also with a lot of other gadgets.
    09-22-2016 10:20 AM

Thanks in advance.
    My battery usage on my 7 honestly isn't much different than my 6s. Perhaps a touch better, but about the same.
    I take back my comments somewhat. Last night, I was at 8% when I went to bed. I am not convinced that the battery on the 7 will give users 2 hours of additional use. In fact, I don't think it's as good as my 6s or SE. I will need to give it another week or so to see all use cases, but I'm on the fence right now.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:09 AM
    Wondering if anyone is considering using a battery case and if so pros and cons besides the obvious added bulk. Some better than others? Don't have a 7 yet, kinda waiting for the Verizon connection issues to be resolved first, but thinking my usage will maybe not get thru a day. Seems some make it fine and others don't.
    09-24-2016 12:40 PM
33 12