Battery life.

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who wonder about battery life. Granted it hasn't been an entire cycle. No wifi, no bluetooth,my signal is about this or sometimes worse. mostly snapchat, safari, I think a 30 min phone call. other use here and there. defiantly not power housing it, just basic set up and other shananiganz.. I'll post updates thoughout the week, maybe do a real word 100% to 10% internet browsing sesh to see actual numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.png
    IMG_0037.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 136

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got a solid 48 standby. More what I am used to. I do keep a lot turned off, as most people around here know.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
On my standard 7 I just hit 50% and I've been unplugged and on Bluetooth the entire time for my Apple Watch since 5am. I keep location services on and receive notifications from eBay and a few other apps. I manually check email, though. Very happy with battery life. Can't imagine how much of a monster the plus will be.

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
On my standard 7 I just hit 50% and I've been unplugged and on Bluetooth the entire time for my Apple Watch since 5am. I keep location services on and receive notifications from eBay and a few other apps. I manually check email, though. Very happy with battery life. Can't imagine how much of a monster the plus will be.

Well technically, the 7+ is 1 hour more than the 6s+ and the 7 is equal to 6s+.. so all things being equal. the 7+ should only have 1 hour more than the 7

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Has anyone else experienced any battery drain?

Thanks in advance.

StlVols

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
My battery life is pretty unspectacular. I was off the charger at 4:30 am and by 8:30 was down to 90%. The only usage was connecting bluetooth to my Apple watch and the Sync 3 system in my Ford. No calls, no browsing. I let it go until noon...down to 78%...no usage other that emails coming in.

My old 6s Plus would get me through the day and at 5:00 pm would only be down to 80%

Has anyone else experienced any battery drain?

Thanks in advance.

What are your usage stats?

StlVols

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I really can't tell if I'm experiencing unusual battery drain. Currently I'm at 4.5 hours of usage and 14 hours and 24 mins standby. I'm at 47% with mostly web-browsing, some texting, and a bit of light gaming

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I really can't tell if I'm experiencing unusual battery drain. Currently I'm at 4.5 hours of usage and 14 hours and 24 mins standby. I'm at 47% with mostly web-browsing, some texting, and a bit of light gaming

That's roughly 8.5 to 9 hours usage. But it's difficult to gauge. A lot depends on several factors. The big 3 battery users are location services, push notifications, and screen brightness. Be sure all that is set like you want it. I have as few push notifications as possible. Very few apps and my weather. The same with location services and system services. Last week I had been noticing a bit of quick drain. Later I realized I had "Share My Location" on. Turned it off, and my battery got back to normal. For the most part, I don't worry about battery. It should last me until I upgrade again. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my phone.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
That's roughly 8.5 to 9 hours usage. But it's difficult to gauge. A lot depends on several factors. The big 3 battery users are location services, push notifications, and screen brightness. Be sure all that is set like you want it. I have as few push notifications as possible. Very few apps and my weather. The same with location services and system services. Last week I had been noticing a bit of quick drain. Later I realized I had "Share My Location" on. Turned it off, and my battery got back to normal. For the most part, I don't worry about battery. It should last me until I upgrade again. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my phone.

I've been noticing my battery draining more than normal lately, I was thinking its normal for a 1 year old iPhone to act.

I just noticed "share my location" was on and I just toggled it off as well, hope this helps my battery life...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I haven't let mine go a whole day yet. Today will be the day, I'm thinking.
I charged Friday while I was doing all the syncing and whatnots, but I didn't need to again til Sunday (I killed it) and will likely do the same today (again, haven't charged since then.) I tend to try to do that in the beginning because when you do the update (mine wasn't on 10.0.1) it's easier for me to get a read on battery if I charge it fully, then kill it, then recharge fully.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is still awesome on my 1 year old iPhone 6s+
Found out soundcloud is a battery drain on my phone
9e3cb2f2ee53934ab6182d397db1b6ff.jpg
82690ca239b4d5a8a22d216cf4647021.jpg

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery usage on my 7 honestly isn't much different than my 6s. Perhaps a touch better, but about the same.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a question and maybe this is the wrong place but it's about an iPhone 7 battery.
A coworker has an iPhone 7 and he's getting bad battery life. He's using Spotify at work, which I don't use and I'm seeing good battery life. We checked his battery stats and it said safari audio and Spotify audio were the top two drainers, specifically the safari audio. He said he's not using safari audio and all his apps are shut off. Does Spotify also pull from safari, or does he have a setting on that he needs to shut off?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods