Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I take back my comments somewhat. Last night, I was at 8% when I went to bed. I am not convinced that the battery on the 7 will give users 2 hours of additional use. In fact, I don't think it's as good as my 6s or SE. I will need to give it another week or so to see all use cases, but I'm on the fence right now.
    My 7 does get approximately 2 hours more use per day. The first couple days I had the phone the battery wasn't that great, but now it's much better than my 6s. Probably uploading photos, faces, etc the first couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolander07 View Post
    My 7 does get approximately 2 hours more use per day. The first couple days I had the phone the battery wasn't that great, but now it's much better than my 6s. Probably uploading photos, faces, etc the first couple days.
    That's good. Mine is a bit better now.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I have the 7 for exactly 1 day now, took it off 24h ago. And for now I'm totally happy with battery life. I was traveling today by train and the reception was bad to medium. Then again I used it which I would describe as medium usage. Chatting, surfing, listening to music via BT for 1h etc. And I still have 45%. Not as good as the 6S Plus battery life but it's not that far from it and I expected much less after reading several first impressions.

What I need to mention is that I turn off almost everything I don't need, and turn it on when I need it. Almost no WiFi but mobile connection the whole day. BT only for one hour when listening to music. No GPS. Only maybe 4 push notifications including iCloud. Background settings disabled! So I guess that's one reason for my good battery life compared to others. And I installed 10.0.2 at the beginning, doing a hardreset after the update, just to be sure!

I would say battery life is between the iPhone SE I own and the 6S Plus! :-)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts

Can I ask whether is it ok to turn on Low power mode even at 100%? Will it affect anything?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BR34KF4ST View Post
    Can I ask whether is it ok to turn on Low power mode even at 100%? Will it affect anything?

Thanks
    Yes you can and no it will not.
    BR34KF4ST likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Really loving the battery life, having moved from a 6s to a 7+. I don’t use my phone heavily but do use GPS and music while driving throughout the day and while working out. I can finish the day with half a charge left. Even day-long hikes with GPS, taking hundreds of photos, leave me with battery to spare. Couldn’t be happier in that department. In the past I’d have to stop halfway to charge with a backup battery.
    iMore Newbie

I lose like 6% in standby when sleeping for 9 hours. Is that normal?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts

Another thing I found that drained my battery is Snapchat, according to my battery stats, it used 42% of my battery and that it shows '34 mins on screen--45 mins background'. My Low power mode is enabled but it's still draining my battery pretty quickly
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12