iPhone 7 charging slow

sownyuh

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey! I have a 7 plus and it is also taking forever. This was after putting it in airplane mode as well to speed up the process. nearly 30 min to go from 23-33%.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 7 also seems to charge rather slowly...and mine seems to drain the battery exceptionally fast. Might just because it hasn't gone through enough charging cycles, but I do not remember my 6s Plus being drained as fast.

kinzobenzo

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes!!!! Mine takes hours to fully charge. Sometimes if I'm on the phone while charging it even goes to a lower number. I've been using my old charger cords. Could that be an issue?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!!! Mine takes hours to fully charge. Sometimes if I'm on the phone while charging it even goes to a lower number. I've been using my old charger cords. Could that be an issue?

I'd be surprised it it was. Mine seems to be slower, too, but I haven't timed it. I'm gonna give it a week or so to settle in.

reegraham

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes. That's how I found this forum. MY new 7 has taken 90 mins to go from 17% to 36%.

I wonder if it's bc the battery is supposed to last longer so it charges slower?

tvklovesu07

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I recently brought the iPhone 7 32 gb. When I first tried charging it took almost 40 mins to charge 20 %. This was with my old iphone 6 charger. I thought this is an issue with phone and when I googled i see many of you guys having same issue. After reading few comments I felt like I need to give a try with new charger that came with this phone. After I used the new charger I can see the drastic change in the charging time. It took same 40 mins to charge 50%. I think the new charger might have something to do. Because the iphone 6 with old charger is still charging as normal speed. I still haven't tried my phone to dry so I can see the total time to charge 100%
One thing i see is that after 97% charged it took more time to charge 100% (The same as cleanmaster or dr battery saver apps do)

So try using new charger that came with it if you are not already. If thats still an issue then this might be with the phone

Smort

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The last 10% or so (from 90-100%) goes slowly so the battery doesn't overcharge. I think from 95% it pretty much trickle-charges.

Fast or quick charging can reduce the battery's longevity over the life of a phone. Quick charging can obviously speed things up in the short term, but it adversely affects the battery in the long term.

Sailbad

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded a 6 Plus to a 7 Plus and have had similar slow charging issues. The 6 Plus was adequate but the 7 Plus is disturbingly slow and I have to essentially leave it plugged in always and do not notice any longer life in the battery. I have the same apps, use them the same way and the battery and charge time is very disappointing, less than half the speed of the 6 Plus. The phone is only a month old whereas my 6 plus was over two years old. I purchased two iPhone 7's for my daughters and they frequently run out of battery during the day which renders the phones somewhat useless. I will not be purchasing any more iPhones until they rectify the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh