7 Plus later or instant gratification of 7 now?

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've used the 6 plus and 6s plus after starting out with a 6. What drew me to the plus is the larger screen (obviously) and the better battery. Pros of the 7 are ability to use easier with one hand and from what I'm reading the 7 has battery life on par (or close) to the 6s plus. I'm trying out my wife's 7 and I'm enjoying the smaller size for use but I'm wondering if I'm going to regret it if I make the switch to the 7 and skip the plus.
Nice thing is if I switch and regret it, I'm only stuck for a year. Anyone downgrading from 6s plus to regular 7?

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
If the battery of the 7 is on par with the 6 s why would you regret it?

I meant 6s+

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am actually going the other way. From a 6 to 7 Plus. As much as I have enjoyed the 6 I am ready for the larger size screen. I can not operate the 6 with one hand so that will not make a difference. My eyes are the biggest factor in my decision. It will be hard for anyone to really tell you how you will feel about it. They can tell you how they felt, but ultimately you will need to make the final decision so as not to regret it. My opinion, and only mine, would be I think you will get tired of it eventually.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If the battery of the 7 is on par with the 6 s why would you regret it?

I meant 6s+

Because the 7 plus improves even on the 6s plus. It's a real dilemma to me. I didn't think I'd ever look back after adjusting to the plus sizes but carrying this smaller phone has actually been quite enjoyable.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about downgrading in size as well. My local ATT store has stock of the black 7 256GB and I'm on the verge of canceling my plus preorder to grab the 7 tomorrow morning... I'm just worried I may regret it.

Nonsenseinsd8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I went down to a 7 from a 6s+ ... it feels so much smaller but I wanted something a little more manageable on a daily basis. The 6S+ was a beauty of a phone and I don't doubt that the 7+ will be just as amazing. You can't go wrong with either decision, it's purely what works best for you. I hope you enjoy whichever one you pick 🏻

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid I would regret it. I have had the 6s Plus and a Note 7 so liked the larger screens, because use to them and thought I could never go back. I then took the Note back on recall and got a 4.7in android to use until the 7's came out. I got use to it, its not to bad. Sure a larger screen is nice but I cannot complain one bit. I may have regret later on when the honeymoon is over but for now, no regrets.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger. Cancelled my 7+ order at best buy and ordered the 7 for pick up at AT&T tomorrow morning. 256GB black. I'm pretty excited! Decided I'm okay with the smaller since most of my daily habits will revolve around my 12.9 ipad pro. Having the smaller phone for on the fly news and occasional calls is perfect.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I go through this every year and wind up getting both.
Even though it's a write off, it's kind of ridiculous what I spend on phones.
No wonder my friends think I'm insane!

Then I look at their bar tabs and at least I have something to show for the money spent! :p

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I decided to go for it and downsize. I figure if I really hate it, it will be lesson learned and next year I'll get the plus model since I upgrade every year anyway.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went into the Verizon store today and played with both. Personally I'd wait for the 7 Plus. No way I'd get a 7. Of course my opinion is also based on the fact that I've got a 6S. And holding the 7 and using it felt no different. But the increase in size, battery and additional camera features make waiting worth it in my opinion.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
There's no way I would settle for a device just because it was available. I did that once and regretted it. If you want plus just wait it out. You will be glad you did in the end.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad I made the switch from the 6s+ to the 7. It honestly feels like a whole new phone due to the size difference. I was getting pretty annoyed handling the plus day to day.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
its funny i had the 6s plus and i went to best buy to see if they had any 7 plus and they didn't so i took the plunge and got the 7 and got the smart battery case and i am extremely happy. yes I'm missing the bigger screen but it not as a big deal as i thought it would be. I'm very happy i went to get the 7 and didn't wait for the 7 plus.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Last year I tried going from the 6 plus to the 6s. I loved the smaller size but hated the battery. Now they seem to have worked out the battery issues with the smaller phone and I've really enjoyed the smaller phone the past day and a half. It's so light compared to the 6s plus that sometimes I feel like I've forgotten it because I don't feel it in my pocket. Pretty happy with the 7.

jesfriday

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I went to a seven from a 6s plus yesterday at ATT. I really think the smaller size will be easier for my hands. I still have the 7 plus on order and if I don't cancel it, I may just switch once it arrives. It's a devilish game I play with phones!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If I decide to upgrade from my 6s, although I am definitely drawn to the bigger Plus size (just like last year)...I'll go with the 7. I had the 6s+ for a bit last year, and it was awesome...but unmanageable for me. I do a LOT of one-handed work on my phone too, and it's a lot easier with the smaller phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW