Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default 7 Plus later or instant gratification of 7 now?

I've used the 6 plus and 6s plus after starting out with a 6. What drew me to the plus is the larger screen (obviously) and the better battery. Pros of the 7 are ability to use easier with one hand and from what I'm reading the 7 has battery life on par (or close) to the 6s plus. I'm trying out my wife's 7 and I'm enjoying the smaller size for use but I'm wondering if I'm going to regret it if I make the switch to the 7 and skip the plus.
    Nice thing is if I switch and regret it, I'm only stuck for a year. Anyone downgrading from 6s plus to regular 7?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,933 Global Posts

If the battery of the 7 is on par with the 6 s why would you regret it?

I meant 6s+
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-16-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Post Required Combining

Default Re: 7 Plus later or instant gratification of 7 now?

I am actually going the other way. From a 6 to 7 Plus. As much as I have enjoyed the 6 I am ready for the larger size screen. I can not operate the 6 with one hand so that will not make a difference. My eyes are the biggest factor in my decision. It will be hard for anyone to really tell you how you will feel about it. They can tell you how they felt, but ultimately you will need to make the final decision so as not to regret it. My opinion, and only mine, would be I think you will get tired of it eventually.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    If the battery of the 7 is on par with the 6 s why would you regret it?

I meant 6s+
    Because the 7 plus improves even on the 6s plus. It's a real dilemma to me. I didn't think I'd ever look back after adjusting to the plus sizes but carrying this smaller phone has actually been quite enjoyable.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

I'm thinking about downgrading in size as well. My local ATT store has stock of the black 7 256GB and I'm on the verge of canceling my plus preorder to grab the 7 tomorrow morning... I'm just worried I may regret it.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I went down to a 7 from a 6s+ ... it feels so much smaller but I wanted something a little more manageable on a daily basis. The 6S+ was a beauty of a phone and I don't doubt that the 7+ will be just as amazing. You can't go wrong with either decision, it's purely what works best for you. I hope you enjoy whichever one you pick 🏻
    TheLegoJoker likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts

I was afraid I would regret it. I have had the 6s Plus and a Note 7 so liked the larger screens, because use to them and thought I could never go back. I then took the Note back on recall and got a 4.7in android to use until the 7's came out. I got use to it, its not to bad. Sure a larger screen is nice but I cannot complain one bit. I may have regret later on when the honeymoon is over but for now, no regrets.
    TheLegoJoker likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,935 Global Posts

If it was me, I'd wait to get what I really want.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

I pulled the trigger. Cancelled my 7+ order at best buy and ordered the 7 for pick up at AT&T tomorrow morning. 256GB black. I'm pretty excited! Decided I'm okay with the smaller since most of my daily habits will revolve around my 12.9 ipad pro. Having the smaller phone for on the fly news and occasional calls is perfect.
    iMore Intermediate

I go through this every year and wind up getting both.
    Even though it's a write off, it's kind of ridiculous what I spend on phones.
    No wonder my friends think I'm insane!

Then I look at their bar tabs and at least I have something to show for the money spent! :P
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I decided to go for it and downsize. I figure if I really hate it, it will be lesson learned and next year I'll get the plus model since I upgrade every year anyway.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoJoker View Post
    I decided to go for it and downsize. I figure if I really hate it, it will be lesson learned and next year I'll get the plus model since I upgrade every year anyway.
    Same thing I did brother.. I'm actually liking my iPhone 7 matte black.
    jnew619 and TheLegoJoker like this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blasiam_615 View Post
    Same thing I did brother.. I'm actually liking my iPhone 7 matte black.
    Black matte for me too! Just put a storm gray leather case on it. Looks fantastic. So far, so good.
    jnew619 likes this.

I went into the Verizon store today and played with both. Personally I'd wait for the 7 Plus. No way I'd get a 7. Of course my opinion is also based on the fact that I've got a 6S. And holding the 7 and using it felt no different. But the increase in size, battery and additional camera features make waiting worth it in my opinion.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,976 Global Posts

There's no way I would settle for a device just because it was available. I did that once and regretted it. If you want plus just wait it out. You will be glad you did in the end.
    Truman82 and TheLegoJoker like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Glad I made the switch from the 6s+ to the 7. It honestly feels like a whole new phone due to the size difference. I was getting pretty annoyed handling the plus day to day.
    TheLegoJoker and ladyc0524 like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

its funny i had the 6s plus and i went to best buy to see if they had any 7 plus and they didn't so i took the plunge and got the 7 and got the smart battery case and i am extremely happy. yes I'm missing the bigger screen but it not as a big deal as i thought it would be. I'm very happy i went to get the 7 and didn't wait for the 7 plus.
    TheLegoJoker likes this.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Last year I tried going from the 6 plus to the 6s. I loved the smaller size but hated the battery. Now they seem to have worked out the battery issues with the smaller phone and I've really enjoyed the smaller phone the past day and a half. It's so light compared to the 6s plus that sometimes I feel like I've forgotten it because I don't feel it in my pocket. Pretty happy with the 7.
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I went to a seven from a 6s plus yesterday at ATT. I really think the smaller size will be easier for my hands. I still have the 7 plus on order and if I don't cancel it, I may just switch once it arrives. It's a devilish game I play with phones!
    jennfree likes this.

Global Posts
    3,896 Global Posts

If I decide to upgrade from my 6s, although I am definitely drawn to the bigger Plus size (just like last year)...I'll go with the 7. I had the 6s+ for a bit last year, and it was awesome...but unmanageable for me. I do a LOT of one-handed work on my phone too, and it's a lot easier with the smaller phone.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,642 Global Posts

Default 7 Plus later or instant gratification of 7 now?

Wait and buy 7 plus ... Overall better phone if you are comfortable with the size.

In previous iPhone generations it was all about the screen (with a little bit of battery mixed in) so the choice was an easy one if you could deal with the smaller display. This year it's ALL about the camera and the 7 Plus is a huge leap forward compared to the 7. To me it's worth waiting around for.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

I downsized from a 6s Plus to a 7.

So much easier dealing with a smaller phone, and I'll just put up with not having optical zoom till next year or the year after.

Don't regret the 6s Plus tho. I loved the battery life.

Last year I tried a 6S while waiting for my 6S Plus...and got rid of it 4 days later.

It felt like a downgrade from the Plus in every way possible.

I'd wait.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    I'm thinking about downgrading in size as well. My local ATT store has stock of the black 7 256GB and I'm on the verge of canceling my plus preorder to grab the 7 tomorrow morning... I'm just worried I may regret it.
    I just did the same thing. Tired of seeing my 7+ in processing order mode even though I ordered on the 9th..i'll hold out for the 8+
    guinnkevinr likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast