Did you iPhone 7 or 7 Plus come with any damage or other issues?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine phones was perfect. But if your remember iPhone 5, the slate color at launch many had scratches or scuffs. On iPhone 6 launch, both mine and wife's screen came scratched on launch. Any scratches on screen, phone, dead pixels, or may others issues?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The only iPhone I have ever had an issue with out of the box was my iPhone 4; the camera lens came cracked.

hellafrreal

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
my silver iPhone 7 came with a small (hard to notice) dark spot/imperfection on the back. Almost looks like its just a dirt/finger print on it but doesn't come off. Other than that no issues. Not bad enough to warrant a return...especially since I plan on buying an Apple leather case when I go to Apple store later next week :)

dcuk7

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought my first 7 online day 1 and it had a light yellowish tint on the bottom of the display (was about the height of the dock). I could see it right away but my co-workers could only see it when I pointed it out to them. Kept it for 3 days but it drove me crazy so sent it back.

Picked another 7 up today from the Apple Store and this one is much better.

The one thing that was shocking was my blue leather case. The back had three or four large marks on the back. It looks like someone has used it before me although that was also purchased day 1! Kept that as its a case and I'm not bothered how that looks, as long as it keeps my phone blemish free!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Picked up Day One 4pm at Apple In Store Pick Up and my Matte Black 7 was flawless out of the box.

There was one person there with a Jet Black 7 Plus they received by UPS or FedEx earlier in the day that was upset it was delivered with a large scratch but there was nothing the store could do except assist in a swap with 2-3 week wait.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Jet Black and Matte Black 7Plus, because I wasn't sure which one I wanted and was going to return one depending on which one I liked better. I opted for the Matte Black, just because I liked the way it looked more, but I did notice something on the Jet Black. There was a discoloration when I opened it on the back of the phone about the size of a pencil eraser. I tried wiping it off, but it was something that was baked in. It looked almost like a paint smudge. When I returned it to the Apple store they agreed it was a manufacturing defect and the said they would have done an exchange for it had I not been returning it.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My black iPhone came in without screen tint issues, no hiss, no dents, or scratches. I?ve never had any issues in that department with any of my iPhones.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Flawless. Although I don't inspect my devices. If I don't notice anything by glancing at the front and back and through normal use then I don't think anything more of it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Long story short (unless you read Craig's iPhone Journey in this forum) is my phone never worked correctly. Apple had to overnight me a new phone. They wanted it back for testing. Failed diagnostics.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77