So good that for the first 5 clicks I forgot it wasn't a traditional button.
    09-27-2016 08:49 AM
    It feels awkward; the lower half of the phone vibrates rather than just the button. But I have gotten used to it. I know when it is pressed and find the functionality excellent. Nothing about it, other than the awkward sensation, has an impact on day to day use. It is a non issue to me. If there are reasons NOT to buy the iPhone 7, the home button is not one of them, in my opinion.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:14 PM
    As someone considering the new iphone 7 coming from a 5s, I'm wondering how do you use the home button to see the different active apps you have running? I ask because I was in target the other day and they had a 7 plus on display and it was the first time I'd seen the new 7 plus (or 7 for that matter), maybe it was just the demo phone they had out but I tried double tapping the new home button multiple times but could never get the active apps to all show like they do on my 5s when I hit the home button twice. What am I missing here?
    09-27-2016 08:53 PM
    As someone considering the new iphone 7 coming from a 5s, I'm wondering how do you use the home button to see the different active apps you have running? I ask because I was in target the other day and they had a 7 plus on display and it was the first time I'd seen the new 7 plus (or 7 for that matter), maybe it was just the demo phone they had out but I tried double tapping the new home button multiple times but could never get the active apps to all show like they do on my 5s when I hit the home button twice. What am I missing here?
    My guess is that there was something wrong with the display model. Opening the app switcher is no different on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus (double tap home button).
    09-27-2016 08:56 PM
    To me just like pressing a button literally. I've. Even using every iPhone since the first one in '07 and this new touch sensitive button makes it feel very high tech and it's FASTER!
    Truman82 likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:43 PM
    Opening the app switcher is the same or even better I may say and the haptic input is so spot on it's incredible you will notice no lag!!
    Squeeze Play likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:45 PM
    Took maybe a day or two to get used to the new home button for me. It does feel different as obviously it is not physically depressing, but it taps back at you enough that you know you are pressing the button. At this point I don't even think about it.
    09-28-2016 06:14 AM
    After being with the new home button for a few days I can tell you I have not noticed any problems with the new input. The haptic feedback is phenomenal at letting you know you have made an interaction. The feeling of the haptic vibration is that via an actuator that moves side to side as opposed to a half moon weighted wheel which is used in almost every tech that implements haptics. The actuator is more solid state and more efficient in delivering that button "click" feel, along with that you get a surprising auditorial feedback from the haptics that sounds just like a physical button click when you hit the home button. So basically the Apples TAPTIC ENGINE tricks your brain into thinking it's a real button and in all honestly it's a funky experience once you start thinking that you're actually not pressing any button! Hahaha I love this tech!!👊😄
    10-02-2016 12:32 AM
    Just got my 7 today, and have the haptic home button set on level "3"...and it's fine. It feels different than my 6s's home button, but it works fine. Just a different feel. Why is everybody freaking out over it so much? I think I actually prefer it over the traditional button...
    10-05-2016 04:26 PM
    I played around with some new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus units at the Apple Store last week and thought the new Home button was a little odd at first, but after awhile, it was fine. I think if I get the next generation next year, I'll get used to it pretty quickly.
    10-05-2016 04:55 PM
    I actually like the feel of the new button , mine is set to 2 and took me a few hours to get use to it
    10-06-2016 09:44 AM
61 123