iPhone Launch Day - Tell Us Your Walk In Success Stories!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
We know the slim or zip - pickings for the iPhone 7+ for walk in worldwide.. but what about us getting the 7. Mine is still at the hub in Union Gap WA. I don't have a local Apple Store, at least not for a 100+ miles. Would love to hear from those who did a walk in / camp out.. and what you scored.

What City?
How long did you wait?
Long lines?
What did you score?
Did you get want you wanted?

Plus post photos of the lines / stores.. let's make today a celebration if possible!

Adranalyne

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how much of a "success" this is, but I changed my mind on the Jet Black color and canceled my preorder on the 7 Plus. Walked into a local Verizon store here in Maryland this morning and picked up a matte black iPhone 7 256GB. Roughly 15 people in line (I was 3rd) and only waited around 2 hours. Aside from it picking up fingerprints like crazy, front and back, it's everything I anticipated it being. There's really not a discernible difference between this device and the 6S, but I've always been one to get the latest and greatest.

On a side note, a middle aged woman came up to the small line in front of the store and told us "the hype isn't real" and that the 7 Plus will be in stock in a week. Not sure what she was hoping to accomplish, but kudos to her for coming over at 6AM just to tell a handful of people, all of which wanted the 7 and not the Plus, that the "hype was not real".

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I did not even try, BUT someone told me the trick is to drive to a small town FAR from the cities and go to a carrier store.

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Scottsdale, AZ.
Got there at 4AM, stood in line for 4 hours (as there were already about 50 people there).
By 8AM I couldn't even see the end of the line as there were hundreds.
Bought a 7 Black 256GB (since my Apple order for the 7 Plus 256GB was not delivering until 9/23-9/30.
Actually it was a pretty good time, it was like a party.

Last edited:

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Columbus Ohio

I called several stores, some had some come in, some did not. I went to one store that told me they had 6, I arrived and asked and they told me they were sold out, I was very livid since I was only 3 minutes or so away from when I called. The guy was a total jerk about it.

Called back to the next closest store and they told me they had 3 in stock and nobody was at the store. I walked in, told him I was the one that called, he told me he had 3 128GB black 7's and that was it. 10 minutes later I walked out with one. This was around 9am or so, they opened at 8 and said I was the first customer.

I had preordered the 7 plus but just do not have the patients to wait, especially since it had not shipped nor was it even close.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how much of a "success" this is, but I changed my mind on the Jet Black color and canceled my preorder on the 7 Plus. Walked into a local Verizon store here in Maryland this morning and picked up a matte black iPhone 7 256GB. Roughly 15 people in line (I was 3rd) and only waited around 2 hours. Aside from it picking up fingerprints like crazy, front and back, it's everything I anticipated it being. There's really not a discernible difference between this device and the 6S, but I've always been one to get the latest and greatest.

On a side note, a middle aged woman came up to the small line in front of the store and told us "the hype isn't real" and that the 7 Plus will be in stock in a week. Not sure what she was hoping to accomplish, but kudos to her for coming over at 6AM just to tell a handful of people, all of which wanted the 7 and not the Plus, that the "hype was not real".

The Matte black is also a finger print magnet? That's disappointing. I keep going back and forth between gold again and the matte

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to one store that told me they had 6, I arrived and asked and they told me they were sold out, I was very livid since I was only 3 minutes or so away from when I called. The guy was a total jerk about it.

No point in being pissed. Stores can't hold these phones. They probably did have 6 when you called but its the hottest phone out. It sold out quick.

Being someone who has worked in retail, he was probably a jerk if you expressed your anger at him when it's out of his control.

Sometimes people have to realize this is how the game works. It's the hottest phone out right now and since stores can't hold them, you're going to have situations like this sometimes.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Wasn't anticipating the Matte black being as big a finger print magnet. Hopefully it holds up better than the Jet Black does since that's the only reason I switched colors.

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
The Matte black is also a finger print magnet? That's disappointing. I keep going back and forth between gold again and the matte

Not bad at all, only had mine for a few hours now and with no case, yet finger prints are not bad at all. I can wipe it on my blouse or shirt and clean as a whistle.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was going to line up and settle for a 7 but decided to wait out for my 3 week delayed best buy plus. I've had the plus for the 6 and 6s and didn't want to go back to a smaller phone. :(

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Went to my local ATT retailer and walked out with their 1st iPhone 7 sold, iPhone 7 matte black 128 GB. It looked like they had about 7 matte black 128 Gb and the rest were 2 or 3 each of the other colors with the exception of jet black. There were 4 other customers there after me and they all walked out empty handed. They wanted iPhone 7+s.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I got the exact same model, the matte black iPhone 7 256GB. I love it. I love the size. I thought I'd miss the big phone, but I don't. I don't miss my Note7 at all. BTW, I remember seeing you over at the Android Central forums!

I walked into a Best Buy near St. Paul, MN at 12:30 this afternoon and there was a stack of the Verizon variant of the iPhone 7 in all colors (except jet black) and all sizes. There was no one there. The Best Buy employee told me they were there a couple hours earlier. I was surprised, to be honest. I thought the iPhone 7 would've been sold out by then. There were no 7 Plus models, though, which wasn't surprising. I also purchased an Otterbox Defender case for my iPhone 7.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Exactly the same as me. I ordered the matte black this time round but have been reconsidering getting a gold 7+ instead. I'm sure i'll miss my gold 6, like I missed my gold 5s too.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store to return the 6s plus I got when I traded in my exploding Note 7. They only had the regular 7 but my wife is also due for an upgrade so we traded in my phone for a 7 and now I have to decide if I want to wait for the plus to trade hers in or if I want to downsize and get my own 7. I like the larger screen and better battery of the plus, but the easier handling of the regular size phone is hard to overlook.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got in reservation line at Apple Store at 10am. Walked out with my 2 new phones by 10:30. Easy as can be.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble with my SIM card when I got the phone today. Apple could not help remotely, said it's an AT&T issues. Went to AT&T and they were not that busy (I checked in and I was #2 in the queue).. got a new sim card etc. They said they had most iPhone 7 (not plus) in stock. Of course no Jet Black, and they may have 1 Matte Black left in 256, but they had most other colors and sizes.

Now my issues is iTunes crashes every time I connect my phone. I am now trying a restore from iCloud OTA. Says it will take about 2-hours. So now I need to decide to futz with iTunes, move my library to a different computer other than my laptop or just screw the whole library and start over. I hope my contacts are backed up to the cloud. That's the only thing I don't want to lose. The photos and music is nothing, I wanted to redo that anyway.

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I swung by the Tysons Corner store at about 9pm and they were sold out of all 7 models. There was also a line of maybe 20 people who I think were waiting to make a reservation right at 12am, as well as a shorter line of people waiting to pick up their reservations. My wife is not totally sold on upgrading from a 5S to a 7, so we just played with the floor models a bit and left.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I swung by the Tysons Corner store at about 9pm and they were sold out of all 7 models. There was also a line of maybe 20 people who I think were waiting to make a reservation right at 12am, as well as a shorter line of people waiting to pick up their reservations. My wife is not totally sold on upgrading from a 5S to a 7, so we just played with the floor models a bit and left.

If she likes the size and form of a 5s maybe she will like a SE vs a 7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice