Show off your NEW iPhone 7 - iPhone Pride Day!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Partly the lighting but I think it's a little darker?

Website photos of Apple cases didn't quite match what I saw in person at the Apple Store, colour-wise. Recommend buying cases in person, this time.

I have a grey leather waiting to put on whichever one I end up opening. I have one matte and one jet black sitting next to me and I'm agonizing over which to keep. First world problems.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You have 14 days to decide, so you're good!

I'll most likely keep the matte. Hubby doesn't want me to spend the extra $100 on the jet black bc it's the 256 model (vs the 128) and I'll never use it. Also, I'll get mad if it ever scratches.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still restoring from an OTA iClould backup.. since my iTunes is !#!@$!%#!. But many others posted a 7-Matte Black, so we know they're lovely. :) Glad people are enjoying!

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Bought a mat black 128 at the T-Mobile store today. Originally bought the tech21 case for it, but decided I wanted a battery case. Went to the apple store and the line was about 50-75 deep and I walked right up, told the girl I just wanted to buy a case and she let me in and I was out 5 minutes later with a battery case.

First impressions, the phone looks sharp. I thought I would regret getting the small 7 over the plus since I had the 6s Plus previously and my son has a 6 plus but I don't mind it really, seems to work well, I see things okay on it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to ask yet but there is a pretty long line for those without reservations. I'd say 40 people or so. I'm currently standing in a very long line for those with reservations. They haven't even checked me in yet.
Which store did you do? I usually do Galleria. They tend to have it better organized than that, or at least have in the past. I had it shipped this year since I waited til 11pm to pull the trigger. It got delivered at around 4:15-4:30. My husband was waiting for them all day so he could sign for it, and I got home from work just in time to see them pull off my street. The just left it in my front door...so much for signature required, since I never set up the shipping release.

It took 2 hours for me to get through the line and get my 128gb matte black. I still haven't opened it yet bc I have work I need to do and I know if I open it, all hope will be lost. A jet black should be arriving at my door anytime. I will decide which to keep tonight.

I'll most likely keep the matte. Hubby doesn't want me to spend the extra $100 on the jet black bc it's the 256 model (vs the 128) and I'll never use it. Also, I'll get mad if it ever scratches.
I get the largest they sell--256 this time. Moar Golden Girls! lol but seriously, I'd rather have the buffer. But if you won't use it, and don't want to worry about the finish (esp for resale?) I'd keep the matte.

I got disappointed by the matte black. The finish made it feel cheap ☹️
I feel the exact opposite, this matte black looks really nice, what "space black" should have been. I find the jet black to look like a plastic junk toy. I do wish they'd release something with the black front and a navy back or rose gold back. Something not just black/gray on the back.

I disagree with the above poster. It's sharp.
Agreed.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Which store did you do? I usually do Galleria. They tend to have it better organized than that, or at least have in the past. I had it shipped this year since I waited til 11pm to pull the trigger. It got delivered at around 4:15-4:30. My husband was waiting for them all day so he could sign for it, and I got home from work just in time to see them pull off my street. The just left it in my front door...so much for signature required, since I never set up the shipping release.

I go to the WC location bc I live and work closer to there. But in the future, may be going to Galleria. My husband had a bad experience with them recently as well. Maybe the management there is lacking. Who knows.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
b134406729818517f3ce4870a04b4fad.jpg
1ce4e091e3025e3c02d8274977987c31.jpg
ec5c2f6db13c64049f4225e03450dc2c.jpg

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't upload a picture since its a repeat - black matte 128GB iPhone 7. I really thikn it looks amazing I have one of the Apple black silicon cases on it (new color), it's a black on black look you can see above that a picture doesn't do justtice to.

Compared to the 6s I can tell the 7 is just a tiny bit lighter.

BTW I ran Geekbench 3 nd the results were better than what I saw posted prior to shipment:

my iPhone 6s:
iOS 9.3.5
A9 @ 1.85 GHz
Memory 1.96 GB
SIngle core score - 2551
Multi core score - 4417

my iPhone 7:
iOS 10.0.1
ARM @ 1.94 GHz
Memory 1.95 GHz
Single core - 3528
Multi core - 6140