Picking up iPhone 7 at apple store

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I am so glad i put my order in on monday i bought the iphone 7 128gb now they are all sold out
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160914/d899a16d5911d866927eb01c1d9d482c.jpg

Wow...where are you? Those prices are crazy, the exchange must be nuts. I got the iPhone 7 Black 128GB with AT&T for $749 from the Apple Store with an in store pickup on the 16th. I'm on the East Coast in the U.S. and ordered mine at 7am versus the mad rush at 3:00am Eastern and had zero issues...Enjoy your new device.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow...where are you? Those prices are crazy, the exchange must be nuts. I got the iPhone 7 Black 128GB with AT&T for $749 from the Apple Store with an in store pickup on the 16th. I'm on the East Coast in the U.S. and ordered mine at 7am versus the mad rush at 3:00am Eastern and had zero issues...Enjoy your new device.

Canada lol your lucky

megs2917

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
The CDN/US exchange rate is terrible. I see the US prices and I'm jealous! I paid $1029 for my iPhone 7 128gb, plus $169 for AppleCare+.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
The CDN/US exchange rate is terrible. I see the US prices and I'm jealous! I paid $1029 for my iPhone 7 128gb, plus $169 for AppleCare+.

Sorry, I really just didn't realize the rates were so crazy. I've also never been one to buy Apple Care for iPhones. I upgrade the phone every year and have it carrier insured.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
*Edit...This applies to United States orders for in store pickup...

If you ordered and selected Friday 9/16 and a pick up window between 12:00 and 12:30 you are 100% guaranteed that device is yours. Currently you should have already received a Confirmation email and it will be showing as PROCESSING. Tomorrow depending where you are, (but Thursday 9/15) at some point your status will and your Card will be Charged the amount you owe and your status will change. Phones are shipped to the store Thursday and even though you pre-ordered technically Apple cannot charge you until your item has shipped to the store. You should see the charge Thursday, however if you would like confirmation from Apple without waiting hours to speak with someone, do the following...

Call 1800MYAPPLE from the phone number you are putting the new phone on
-It will prompt you what you are calling for: Say Customer Service
-It will say, "We notice you recently placed an order for a new iPhone. Are you calling to get the status of your order?"
-Answer yes, and it will ask if you would like to hear your current status from read to you or if you'd like to wait for a consultant
-Just agree to have it given to you
-It should say that iPhone 7 is currently being Processed and will be available for pickup a ....Apple Store between 12:00 and 12:30.

*I'm in the exact same position but need to work so my window is 4:00-4:30pm.
*Our cards are pre-authed so they know the funds are available but they won't be actually charged till shipped tomorrow
*Rest assured that as long as you have ID and the CC used for payment, and apparently the owner of that card it will pretty smooth sailing.
*As for going early...it's a gamble. The stores are not uniform. In some instances there are separate employees doing pre-orders from those who line up early for "in stock availability". In other instances, you get there for your window and literally you get your device during that window because Apple has figured out on average it takes just under 30mins per customer between activation, trade ins of old devices for store credit potentially, buying a case, etc.
*In my opinion, the later in the day the better. You are guaranteed the device and the morning rush is done. I'll be able to sit down, plug into iTunes and restore from my morning 6s backup (I know...it's a new phone, do a fresh install...I understand the risks and appreciate the warnings but I'm certain my backup will be fine and there will be know issues.) Then I'll pair my watch and go on my way.

Thank you for this. My card has had a hold on it since Monday for the balance owed. I to was wondering about going in earlier then my time selected 4:30-5:00. I work all day, but was told it was okay to leave a bit early, but if your saying its best to just stick to your orig reservation time then that is what i will do. I am just happy that i am guaranteed the phone! Was hoping they would take the $ instead of holding it that way i know my phone wont be going to someone else LOL

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this. My card has had a hold on it since Monday for the balance owed. I to was wondering about going in earlier then my time selected 4:30-5:00. I work all day, but was told it was okay to leave a bit early, but if your saying its best to just stick to your orig reservation time then that is what i will do. I am just happy that i am guaranteed the phone! Was hoping they would take the $ instead of holding it that way i know my phone wont be going to someone else LOL

Same here!!! In Canada the apple stores are all sold out of the iPhone 7 so i am glad that in guaranteed one tomrw. My time is 12-12:30 but it has my name on it :)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Decided to order a 128 GB black 7 on a whim the other day.

Picking it up in a couple of hours (well, 3 hours) in an inner Toronto suburb. 8:30 AM.

I too am cranky about the Canada-US exchange rate. Darned commodities prices!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Decided to order a 128 GB black 7 on a whim the other day.

Picking it up in a couple of hours (well, 3 hours) in an inner Toronto suburb. 8:30 AM.

I too am cranky about the Canada-US exchange rate. Darned commodities prices!

I agree your lucky I live outside Toronto and i have to wait until 12:00 for my time and I finish work at 7am!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Walked in for my 4pm appointment was restoring from my iTunes backup within 15 mins and out of the store within 40 mins. The employee who helped me out was the nicest guy ever. He was blind but super fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. Man, I was so impressed...he was the epitome of not letting what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods