Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Sprint or Best Buy

    I tried searching but couldn't find anything. For those who are pre ordering where are you getting from Sprint or Best Buy and why? I am wanting to get two iPhone 7's 128gb one gold and one silver. Both websites show that the device would be available on 9/16 but I'm not sure which one to trust more
  2. #2  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by bchain996 View Post
    I tried searching but couldn't find anything. For those who are pre ordering where are you getting from Sprint or Best Buy and why? I am wanting to get two iPhone 7's 128gb one gold and one silver. Both websites show that the device would be available on 9/16 but I'm not sure which one to trust more
    I may be 100% wrong but I think pre-order is done, unless you want a long delay.. like Thanksgiving. You can go in store on Friday and see what happens. My 2-cents would be to try the odd-ball locations first. Target, Walmart (are they still selling iPhones?), the other Authorized Resellers.. before hitting Best Buy or Apple.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I may be 100% wrong but I think pre-order is done, unless you want a long delay.. like Thanksgiving. You can go in store on Friday and see what happens. My 2-cents would be to try the odd-ball locations first. Target, Walmart (are they still selling iPhones?), the other Authorized Resellers.. before hitting Best Buy or Apple.
    Well I know pre order isn't done yet.. it's plastered all over their websites
  4. #4  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by bchain996 View Post
    Well I know pre order isn't done yet.. it's plastered all over their websites
    It is.. if you want to get one (most likely) this month, or maybe even next month based on delivery dates. You cannot pre-order today to get it on Friday, the release day.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It is.. if you want to get one (most likely) this month, or maybe even next month based on delivery dates. You cannot pre-order today to get it on Friday, the release day.


    So this stuff is wrong?
  6. #6  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    I would say "good luck" -- maybe it will be accurate. Maybe Sprint is the one company that can pull this off. I have seen (in these forums) many from AT&T to Verizon promised ship dates like this, and after the order.. the shipping is pushed back to October / November. A 32GB by 9/16.. Cool, let me know how it works for you.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I would say "good luck" -- maybe it will be accurate. Maybe Sprint is the one company that can pull this off. I have seen (in these forums) many from AT&T to Verizon promised ship dates like this, and after the order.. the shipping is pushed back to October / November. A 32GB by 9/16.. Cool, let me know how it works for you.
    I'm thinking I may just spend the night outside Sprint and if that doesn't work go to Best Buy before they open. Unless Best Buy opens to early..
  8. #8  
    NSpooner's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    65 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    I think there is a very good chance you will still get it by this friday. I ordered a 7 128gb and 7 plus 32 through sprint. The plus's are pretty much all going to be late but it seems like they will have plenty of 7's in most colors. I'd just order sooner than later to make sure they don't sell out.
  9. #9  
    SnapThrow's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    718 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by bchain996 View Post
    For those who are pre ordering where are you getting from Sprint or Best Buy and why? (snip) Both websites show that the device would be available on 9/16 but I'm not sure which one to trust more
    Generally I would order through Apple or your carrier over a big-box store... especially at launch time
  10. #10  
    BlueAquarian's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    I never had problems when I ordered mine previously with Sprint during preorder.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAquarian View Post
    I never had problems when I ordered mine previously with Sprint during preorder.
    My biggest fear is ordering now but then come 9/16 I don't get it
  12. #12  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by bchain996 View Post
    My biggest fear is ordering now but then come 9/16 I don't get it
    Then you go to a store / reseller, and if you find/buy one, cancel the order that is pending.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    I heard from someone at the Sprint store by my house that they have gotten a nice handful of 7's so I'll camping out at 12am! My store opens at 8 so I'm hoping that's early enough. There wasn't anyone there yet just a couple minutes ago
  14. #14  
    NSpooner's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    65 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    I should mention both the 7 and 7+ I ordered through Sprint are on time to arrive tomorrow. The 7+ they originally said the 30th so it actually got bumped up early.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by NSpooner View Post
    I should mention both the 7 and 7+ I ordered through Sprint are on time to arrive tomorrow. The 7+ they originally said the 30th so it actually got bumped up early.
    I regret not preordering now! This is gonna be a long night but if I end up with a jet black anything it'll be more then worth it!
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Went to Sprint at 12 they opened at 8 I was first in line and in and out within 30 minutes! That 30 included porting from att
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by bchain996 View Post
    Went to Sprint at 12 they opened at 8 I was first in line and in and out within 30 minutes! That 30 included porting from att
    What color and capacity did you end up getting?
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    bchain996's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Sprint or Best Buy

    Silver and 128gb and the mrs got a gold 128. My store probably had 3 of each color and capacity. Minus jet black
  19. #19  
    NSpooner's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    65 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint or Best Buy

    Nice work! Mine just came in.

Similar Threads

  1. Apple Leather Case or Silicon Case?
    By Jackie Ren in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 12-31-2016, 08:59 AM
  2. Is Apple care worth buying .
    By nehavas in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 01:59 AM
  3. Best Buy Launch Day
    By Retinella in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 08:42 PM
  4. iPhone 7 Or Note 7? Thoughts?
    By Tom Six in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 07:35 PM
  5. iPad Pro is a lazy bum's best friend
    By Evilguppy in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions