Apple Leather Case or Silicon Case?

Jackie Ren

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I had both Apple leather case and silicon case before and they are both nice. Leather case give you more elegant feel but easy to scratched. Silicon case more durable and colorful.

Here is the important part. Since iPhone 7 is water resistant, I guess I will bring it to shower with me or wash it when dirty. However, leather can't touch water or it will get damage easily. Silicon is ok with water, but the interior side is fabric and still gets wet, and also none silicon case color looks good on my matte black iPhone 7.

So which option will you choose?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I had both Apple leather case and silicon case before and they are both nice. Leather case give you more elegant feel but easy to scratched. Silicon case more durable and colorful.

Here is the important part. Since iPhone 7 is water resistant, I guess I will bring it to shower with me or wash it when dirty. However, leather can't touch water or it will get damage easily. Silicon is ok with water, but the interior side is fabric and still gets wet, and also none silicon case color looks good on my matte black iPhone 7.

Ummm...why would you shower with your phone?

(Hope that was sarcasm on your part, Jackie!)

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Otherwise how can I enjoy the IP67 on my phone?

Go out singing in the rain instead.

I prefer the Apple leather cases myself. However, I don't like how the brighter colours age on the leather cases. I might get a brightly coloured silicon case in addition to a black leather case this time around.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I always buy a leather Apple case for everyday use (this year "Storm Gray" for my matte black 7) and a silicone case (this year "Cocoa") for when exercising

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I always buy a leather Apple case for everyday use (this year "Storm Gray" for my matte black 7) and a silicone case (this year "Cocoa") for when exercising

I am leaning toward the storm grey as well. I am not sure which silicone one I will be getting. Cocoa is an option but so is the blue.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
It's all personal preference, of course...but I've had the black leather Apple Case on every iPhone I've had since the "5". I've tried other colors (red & tan), but they look gross after a while from the oil in your skin & daily grime...and the black color masks those dark spots. Although the leather is a bit slippery at first, with daily use it grows softer and hence more "grippy" over time. I've found no other case to have a better fit, higher quality & last as long. I'm sure I'll wind up with the same case on my 7 or 7+ if/when I upgrade.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

If you are serious about "shower with phone" won't the silicone case help trap moisture between the phone and the case? Could cause damage, bacterial growth, mold, etc.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I love the apple leather cases but two downfalls; 1- you can't really clean it/sanitize it as the coloring will rub out and fades the more you do it, and 2- it does scratch easily.

I love my apple silicone case; I go with the dark blue on my white/silver 6S Plus. You can wipe these down and clean them with ease and no damage to the product. I have however started to notice the edges are showing some wear. Doesn't feel different just looks it.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and taking your iPhone in the shower is ridiculous, even with it being water resistant. Dumb move if you ask me. I clean mine with Lysol/hospital sanitizing wipes and then windex w/ cloth after.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods