Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Depreciaton?

When I bought the 6 Plus 64gb I sold it after 8 months for 420. That equated to a 280 depreciation. So if I sold my 7 Plus 128GB (yes I know its not 64gb) after 8 months would it depreciate by 280 ish and thus sell for 539 or would it depreciate less because of a high retail price? I'm asking because many new phones are around the 500 range.

Default Re: Depreciaton?

I'd say you'd be able to sell it for like 450-475 after 8 months.

People willing to buy a second hand iPhone don't look at retail prices of other phones.
    From my own experience, they compare the prices on eBay (or its U.K. equivalent) and go for the cheapest with the best conditions.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I'd say you'd be able to sell it for like 450-475 after 8 months.

People willing to buy a second hand iPhone don't look at retail prices of other phones.
    From my own experience, they compare the prices on eBay (or its U.K. equivalent) and go for the cheapest with the best conditions.
    Thats a 369 depreciation which is massive. It kinda puts me off buying the iphone lol. But I'll still probably buy it once apple frickin opens their reservations again

Quote Originally Posted by Hayat55 View Post
    Thats a 369 depreciation which is massive. It kinda puts me off buying the iphone lol. But I'll still probably buy it once apple frickin opens their reservations again
    I bought my current iPhone 6 128GB for 425. It was listed for 500. The previous owner had purchased it 10 months earlier.

I didn't care for what price it was bought, only what price was asked for it by the owner.

Most people will do the same with your phone when they see it. You have to ask yourself if you could get more for the phone if you traded it in with your carrier if they have such a service or somewhere else.

But one thing is a fact, iPhones have the best resale value compared to other phones.
    I bet you could get 380-420 easily if you decide to sell it 6 months later.