I won't buy a mobile device without it.
    This
    09-26-2016 07:19 PM
    Is that Apple Care though? Unless bundled with the iPhone upgrade program, it's a flat fee (not monthly)
    Best Buy does actually offer AppleCare in a monthly installment plan.
    Ahh good to know! I usually just buy it outright through Apple.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-26-2016 07:22 PM
    Ahh good to know! I usually just buy it outright through Apple.
    I forgive you.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-26-2016 07:23 PM
    I forgive you.
    That's the whole reason I slept well last night.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-27-2016 06:20 AM
    Just replaced this phone last night for $79.

She's had it since December. The bend at the volume buttons was from putting it in her back pocket all the time. Screen finally cracked when she decided to go caseless with it, and apparently was plugged in charging when someone tripped over the cord and knocked it to a hard floor. She kept using it, but glass started coming out of it, and with 1 day left in Apple Care we went ahead and got it fixed.

Without Apple Care it would have been $299 to replace due to the bend. He couldn't just replace the glass.

Attachment 111725
    Attachment 111726
    if that is the way she treats her iPhone, she surely NEED AppleCare
    09-28-2016 12:08 PM
    I got Apple care once for both my 5s phones. Never used them. I sold those phones when the new ones came out. From them in, I did not get the Apple care. I buy a case and invisible glass (worth about $55) and that's about it.
    Last edited by vizagdude; 09-28-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    09-28-2016 04:12 PM
    I got Apple care once for both my 5s phones. Never used them. I sold those phones when the new ones came out. From them in, I did not get the Apple care. I buy a car and invisible glass (worth about $55) and that's about it.
    You buy a car?
    09-28-2016 05:10 PM
    Lol auto correct. Case.
    09-28-2016 05:20 PM
    Well in bought AppleCare for the first time on my 7 plus. Then I remembered I have never broken a screen. Yet anyway and so for me it is most likely a waste. And if I do break the screen it's cheaper to just replace the screen at Apple. Now if I break two screens or break the entire device then I loose money. So I guess I'm just playing the odds.
    09-29-2016 12:39 AM
    if that is the way she treats her iPhone, she surely NEED AppleCare
    Exactly.
    09-29-2016 04:44 AM
    Absolutely! It's a life saver especially if you plan on keeping your device long term. If you are upgrading every year, then you might as well as do the Apple upgrade program if you can. You all pay for the insurance coverage equivalent for each device of a year as you keep upgrading.
    09-29-2016 04:57 AM
    I've have great experiences working with my local store without Apple Care so when I got it earlier this year with a previous iPhone I bought 2nd hand, those experiences were enhanced. I don't think I could go back to not having apple care now.

I'm not one of the ones brace enough to go caseless just because I have apple care though lol
    09-29-2016 05:28 AM
    I've have great experiences working with my local store without Apple Care so when I got it earlier this year with a previous iPhone I bought 2nd hand, those experiences were enhanced. I don't think I could go back to not having apple care now.

I'm not one of the ones brace enough to go caseless just because I have apple care though lol
    Walking in with a damaged device and walking out with a brand new one is pretty nice.... I've done it twice now. The one above, and one when my wife left her 5 on top of the car while getting the kids in. We found it after it had been run over on the road.
    mumfoau and libra89 like this.
    09-29-2016 04:35 PM
    Should I get apple care versus the insurance that you can get from the carriers?
    10-01-2016 08:59 AM
    Should I get apple care versus the insurance that you can get from the carriers?
    Welcome to iMore!

If you want coverage for loss/theft, get the carrier coverage. Otherwise for ease-of-process (but no loss/theft coverage), Apple Care+ is awesome.
    libra89 and Rob Phillips like this.
    10-01-2016 01:37 PM
    Walking in with a damaged device and walking out with a brand new one is pretty nice.... I've done it twice now. The one above, and one when my wife left her 5 on top of the car while getting the kids in. We found it after it had been run over on the road.
    This is exactly why I don't buy Apple Care. I am not prepared to subsidise people who are so careless with their phones.
    10-03-2016 08:54 AM
    This is exactly why I don't buy Apple Care. I am not prepared to subsidise people who are so careless with their phones.
    Most of us here try to be helpful. Try it sometime! You might surprise yourself.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-03-2016 09:34 AM
    Is that Apple Care though? Unless bundled with the iPhone upgrade program, it's a flat fee (not monthly)
    Best Buy does actually offer AppleCare in a monthly installment plan.
    The issue here is that it doesn't stop at $129. You continue paying into it. Unless this has changed recently, this is the reason I decided against it. After 24 months you've paid an extra $70 or so.
    10-03-2016 11:24 AM
    The issue here is that it doesn't stop at $129. You continue paying into it. Unless this has changed recently, this is the reason I decided against it. After 24 months you've paid an extra $70 or so.
    Interesting! I've never considered buying AppleCare through Best Buy and now it doesn't look like I will in the future either.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-03-2016 11:27 AM
    Interesting! I've never considered buying AppleCare through Best Buy and now it doesn't look like I will in the future either.
    Same here. This is how it was explained to me by the Bestbuy rep when I was purchasing an SE for my son. After some thought, I determined that definitely wasn't the best option.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-03-2016 11:38 AM
    It depends. I've had iPhones since the 4S and never needed it.
    10-03-2016 12:18 PM
    Not personally. My  silicone case and tempered glass protector cost me half that and perfectly do the job.

But for some (careless) persons, it's definitely worth it.
    I have a mobile phone shop and trust me, I've seen my share of shattered screens.
    I personally don't think one needs to be careless for it to make sense. Accidents happen. That's why they are called accidents. I get Apple care for my phones. . I have an Apple Store 15 minutes from my house and like to know that if something happens I'm covered. It comes in and out of my pocket like a 100 times a day. You never know.
    10-03-2016 12:41 PM
    I had a case on my phone. My toddler got to my phone and threw it on the tile floor. The corner dented and screen shattered. I went into the Apple Store an hour later without and appointment and they got me in anyways. So 90 minutes after breaking my phone, I had a replacement phone in hand. I swear by Apple Care +.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-03-2016 01:10 PM
    I personally don't think one needs to be careless for it to make sense. Accidents happen.
    And that's exactly why I've put 'careless' between brackets. Because, yes, accidents happen BUT some people are also plain careless.
    10-03-2016 02:11 PM
    And that's exactly why I've put 'careless' between brackets. Because, yes, accidents happen BUT some people are also plain careless.
    True. I try not to think about the money I've wasted on insurance plans and AppleCare+ for my devices. I've never *knock on wood* broken or lost a phone. But I've consistently purchased AppleCare+ on every Apple device I've owned and purchased insurance plans on all my smartphones prior to that. Better safe than sorry, IMO.
    10-03-2016 02:15 PM
122 ... 2345