I've used iPhone 7: AMA!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I've gotten to spend a brief amount of time with the new iPhone 7. So, if you have any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to the new home button, does it feel weird pressing it as opposed to the current home button the the 6S? Also, how sensitive is it in regard to fingerprint recognition?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
In regard to the new home button, does it feel weird pressing it as opposed to the current home button the the 6S? Also, how sensitive is it in regard to fingerprint recognition?

It feels just like 3D Touch. You can adjust the pressure in the same way too. Fingerprints are the same as iPhone 6s. :)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
With the extra ram did the OS seem snappier and smooth or about the same all around on the plus version?

Apple doesn't talk about RAM because for iOS, it's not the same as a traditional computer. RAM will affect how many apps or web tabs it can keep in memory, and probably how much it can buffer in a game, but the code and processor probably affect interface rendering the most.

In this case, yeah, A10 is a beast, iOS is still natively coded, so zoom zoom :)

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Could you or anyone can check the signal strength(dBm) for calls in comparison to the 6s?
Just curious if moving the antenna lines has or had any effect. Thanks.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Could you or anyone can check the signal strength(dBm) for calls in comparison to the 6s?
Just curious if moving the antenna lines has or had any effect. Thanks.

I may be wrong, but I assume Rene does not have the 7 yet.. only tried it out at the Apple event on the 7th and is giving info based on the usage there.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Hey, Rene...how much difference in real use (not games or graphics) does the new chip make in regards to snappiness & OA performance?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hey, Rene...how much difference in real use (not games or graphics) does the new chip make in regards to snappiness & OA performance?

Right now, since few if any apps are taking advantage of the new chip, it's like comparing a Veyron to a Lambo. They're both knock you back when they blow by.

The biggest gain right now is power efficiency, thank to the fusion design. That translates into a couple extra hours of battery life, on average, on the iPhone 7.

timja

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello Rene.

I have been procrastinating about upgrading to the 6s (from a 4s!) for some time but have been unable to do so.

I have had a good look at the 6s although obviously I've not held/used the 7. Now, as I plan to upgrade I'm thinking about whether to go for the 6s or the 7.

Can you tell me the primary reasons I should opt for the iPhone 7 as opposed to the 6s please?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hello Rene.

I have been procrastinating about upgrading to the 6s (from a 4s!) for some time but have been unable to do so.

I have had a good look at the 6s although obviously I've not held/used the 7. Now, as I plan to upgrade I'm thinking about whether to go for the 6s or the 7.

Can you tell me the primary reasons I should opt for the iPhone 7 as opposed to the 6s please?

Better camera, water resistant, more advanced proc - you know all this :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods