From 6s to 7...why? Why not?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from 6s to 7 and other than the home button, I don't really see much of a difference. I haven't really played around with the camera yet though. In my opinion, unless one of the new features like improved camera and water proofing, means a whole lot to you, it isn't worth it. Performance is too similar to justify the upgrade. If I had not already sold my 6s, I would return the 7.

Is it the best iPhone ever? Yes. How much better than the 6s? If the 6s is a 9/10, the 7 is a 9.2/10. Before people get angry at me, this is my opinion.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is stopping me couldn't stand it, amongst few other things.

Not sure what we're seeing.. what is whatever this is stopping you?

Looks like two iPhones one plugged in, one not.. one with a regular screen and one with night view turned on or something.. what does that have to do with the 7?

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
well, after saying no on the first page of this topic, it appears I may be getting a 7 plus after all. While visiting my mother this morning, who I put on my phone plan a couple of years ago, she informs me that she wants a phone with a bigger screen. So, it looks like I will be trading in her iPhone 6 to take advantage of the current Verizon offer, and giving her my 128gb 6s plus. This has an added bonus of not having to constantly delete things she no longer needs in order to free up space on a 16gb iPhone.

I'm doing the same thing. I bought my mom a 16gb regular 6 last summer outright, so with the Verizon trade in promotion I am turning that in and giving her my 64gb 6S. She likes the size but is always filling up the 16 so everybody wins!

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded because I caved on release day and I was going to consider a GS7 as well. I'm four days into it and I am debating returning it even though I traded my 6s. It feels like the same phone although it is faster, it has OIS, 128 gb, and is now waterproof. Still, the GS7 has better specs IMO. I think I'm going to return and go Android for a new experience until the 8 comes out.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
surprised no one said they upgraded because of the promo. I had a 6s. My son had a 6. I traded in his 6, get $650 credit, and I gave him my 6s. I get the 7

and isn't the 7Plus for girl? I always thought that was a purse phone. If you don't have a purse, you have to hold it. Doesn't really fit in a pocket.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
and isn't the 7Plus for girl? I always thought that was a purse phone. If you don't have a purse, you have to hold it. Doesn't really fit in a pocket.

I've heard a lot of things about the Plus phones, but I've never heard them referred to as "girl phones." In my experience, women tend to prefer the smaller device. I'm on my third Plus and rarely have an issue keeping it in my pants pocket.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
surprised no one said they upgraded because of the promo. I had a 6s. My son had a 6. I traded in his 6, get $650 credit, and I gave him my 6s. I get the 7

My husband uses it daily and without issue, it fits his pockets just fine in his Levi 501s.

Likewise I'm a female who can't use the smaller phone.

Stereotyping sucks. Don't do it.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
More memory was the main reason I upgraded from the 6s. I haven't figured out the best way to save my 100+gb of pics and vids from my iPhone and my MacBook only has 256gb and only 40-50gb free. So the 256gb at the same price as the 6s 128gb was an easy choice for me. Also, the matte black looks great and the camera is noticeably better in low light situations.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I am glad I upgraded from a 6s to the 7. It's faster, better screen which I notice outside with higher brightness, better speakers and louder output on headphones, the stereo speakers are now passable to use for listening to music. I really like the new home button, better camera, water resistance it an excellent new feature, and I like the additional battery life. Added bonus is new matte Black color without visible antenna lines (I don't use a case). Added all up, this is a nice upgrade and I feel better about it than all the articles I was reading heading into the release.

The iPhone 7 is a bit like when Porsche or BMW do a mid-model update. The exterior looks about the same but new motor, electronics, etc.

Sonny37

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Well I've just gone and got a IP7. Coming from a 6s plus feels really small but for work reasons didn't want to lug a large phone around. So far so good.

ecfritts

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
As someone above said, I only upgraded due to the promo. Traded my 6+ for the 7 (was tired of the huge phone) so I also got the iPad mini 2 for $50 for reading or FaceTime. That's one thing about the Samsung line - I had as S7 edge with a 5.5 inch screen and it felt so much smaller than my 6+.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been struggling with the same thing. My 6S had been great, and it sounds like the processor is only marginally better, so it's a question of a little better battery life and waterproofing. This is the first time since the IP4 that I haven't felt compelled to get the newest.
I did upgrade my Apple Watch to Series 2, which was a no brainer with the GPS and waterproofing, but the 6S to 7 is really a minor upgrade.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
i dont know weather to go for the 6s or the 7 but i have till this Friday to decide :( what do i do go get the 6s or the 7 :/

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
i dont know weather to go for the 6s or the 7 but i have till this Friday to decide :( what do i do go get the 6s or the 7 :/

No brainer. If the choice is between the 6s or 7, and they are both the same price or the 7 is not a lot more...get the 7. It has the most up to date function set. The improvements on the 7 that I may think are minimal compared to my 6s will be huge to you coming from a 5/5s/6.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
No brainer. If the choice is between the 6s or 7, and they are both the same price or the 7 is not a lot more...get the 7. It has the most up to date function set. The improvements on the 7 that I may think are minimal compared to my 6s will be huge to you coming from a 5/5s/6.
Ive had the 6s also but had to sell due to circumstances i dnobwitch to get tho go for cheap or just buy the 7