What accessories are you getting for your iPhone 7??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought about that, too, but have never seen a clear case that I liked. Will likely get a leather.

I just read the leather case (which I ordered and will be here tomorrow) now has "metal buttons" to match the phone, with a safety backing on the inside. I have not researched that, but it seems interesting.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just read the leather case (which I ordered and will be here tomorrow) now has "metal buttons" to match the phone, with a safety backing on the inside. I have not researched that, but it seems interesting.

Ohhhh. That would be interesting. I may go look at the pics on the Apple site more closely and see if the buttons are metal.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today (Storm Grey). The buttons have a metal look but they're not actual metal as far as I can tell. Ive never had an Apple case before but inside the buttons doesn't look like a lining to me but what holds them on.

eta- not sure why it didn't add my quote. I'm referring to the Apple leather case.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I need to order a case and a screen protector, but Speck doesn't have any nice cases out yet (all are "coming soon!") and Sonix doesn't seem to have the pattern I want in 7 (rather, their site is freaking bonkers, and I can't tell if it's really available in those patterns or not.) If it is, I am ordering it.

I guess I should order my screen protectors immediately. Will the 6s ones fit? If so I am actually ok for now.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea I ordered myself a tech armor screen protector this morning. Gonna check out the cases at the Apple Store Friday before i settle on one.

boodinho

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
This is what i got. a bit overprotective lol. i considered pre ordering the new battery smart case but wanted to test out the old one with the iphone 7. i know the camera is not the same where the iphone 6s is but i will try to it out without fully closing the case which will block Camera view. Will also test out the Mophie juice packs without the top part.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 47

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how the battery performs, I might take a look at the Apple Smart Battery Case. Currently have the first generation version, but doubt it'll be compatible with the 7.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked up these to start

fe61a5e5ec03902d2d555b226115c4b3.jpg
715d78a2a7232ddbb661e7690311d5ba.jpg

Ninavi

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll be going for a plastic or silicone, not leather, case this time. My previous case from lucrin is still in too good shape after so long. It takes away the joy of shopping for new accessories for my phone.
However, my bf - the overly practical guy - has already ordered his lucrin sleeve for his iPhone 7.
iphone7-leather-case-pull-up-strap-black-goat-leather-21.jpg
Black with orange stitching.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the xDoria defense Edge bumper (which is apparently delayed until the last week of September). They sent an email notifying me of the delay and refunded 15% of the case. I wanted a case to show off the matte black so I'll post a review once I get it. Their website calls it space gray, but their customer service rep said it matches the new black. Perhaps they are modifying the color which is the reason for the delay.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Just an FYI- spent 2 hours at Best Buy last night. Tried my 6s in a ton of iPhone 7 cases and it fit perfect. I believe the 7 will fit perfectly fine in 6s/6 cases.

ISSUES:
*Kind of uncool, the Casemate iPhone 7 cases on the bottom had a cutout shaped for the 3.5mm Jack that we know is gone. So clearly repackaged and branded as iPhone 7 but are left over iPhone 6s/6

*All Otterbox 7 cases fit perfect as well, so again you should be able to use your 6s/6 cases with your 7 except the tab cover on the bottom would be odd.

*The Tech Evo Cases and Tumi cases were the ONLY cases in the entire store that actually appeared with the correct cutouts with equal left and right openings and of course opening for lighting port.

*Moral of the story, if you can't find a case you like it's probable your 6s/6 case will fit fine until you do.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI- spent 2 hours at Best Buy last night. Tried my 6s in a ton of iPhone 7 cases and it fit perfect. I believe the 7 will fit perfectly fine in 6s/6 cases.

ISSUES:
*Kind of uncool, the Casemate iPhone 7 cases on the bottom had a cutout shaped for the 3.5mm Jack that we know is gone. So clearly repackaged and branded as iPhone 7 but are left over iPhone 6s/6

*All Otterbox 7 cases fit perfect as well, so again you should be able to use your 6s/6 cases with your 7 except the tab cover on the bottom would be odd.

*The Tech Evo Cases and Tumi cases were the ONLY cases in the entire store that actually appeared with the correct cutouts with equal left and right openings and of course opening for lighting port.

*Moral of the story, if you can't find a case you like it's probable your 6s/6 case will fit fine until you do.

I imagine the larger camera bump of the 7 might not fit in cases that have slim cutouts for the 6/6s camera. Cases that already have plenty of space might just make it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2