Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Inevitable Flux
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 1 Post By sx4dude2013
  • 2 Post By Inevitable Flux
  • 1 Post By bgl321
  • 1 Post By Craig
  • 1 Post By Craig
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

    Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

    Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

    There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.
    Last edited by Inevitable Flux; 09-09-2016 at 12:52 AM.
    ladyc0524, DarlaMack and Chrisy like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Wow this is a great deal, I wonder if any other carriers are going to have any deals like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Thanks for sharing!
    Chrisy likes this.
  4. #4  
    Irennerr's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    can i buy a verizon iPhone without a verizon account or contract ? like buying the iPhone for the raw price. cause its unlocked
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Irennerr View Post
    can i buy a verizon iPhone without a verizon account or contract ? like buying the iPhone for the raw price. cause its unlocked
    Not to take advantage of this promotion. The trade-in promotion requires active Verizon service and the monthly credits are for as long as the device payment of the (new) iPhone 7/7+ is active on the line of service.
  6. #6  
    sx4dude2013's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitable Flux View Post
    For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

    Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

    Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

    There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.
    Thank you for posting! I just did this with a CS rep.
    For my 6s trade in I know the $650 will Be divided up and I will receive credits each month. Will I continue to get the monthly credit if I upgrade next year or if I buy out my iphone 7 in 3 months for example? I hope I don't have to keep my new 7 on the active monthly payment plan to reciece the full $650 credit over the next 24 months.

    Thanks!
    Chrisy likes this.
  7. #7  
    RJ_Abella's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Just noticed when I looked to preorder on Verizon the ship date said 9/23
  8. #8  
    gvndeb60's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    472 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Thanks, just saw this, might use this for my wife and trade in her 6S+
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    Thank you for posting! I just did this with a CS rep.
    For my 6s trade in I know the $650 will Be divided up and I will receive credits each month. Will I continue to get the monthly credit if I upgrade next year or if I buy out my iphone 7 in 3 months for example? I hope I don't have to keep my new 7 on the active monthly payment plan to reciece the full $650 credit over the next 24 months.

    Thanks!
    If you trade-up next year (with the 50% buyout option), you'll lose the remaining credits yes. So, you'll only to receive the monthly credits for as long as the device payment for the iPhone 7/7+ is active. If you start the device payment over with let's say, the iphone 8 (7s?) next year, you'll lose the remaining credits. It's literally active for as long as the device payment is active for the 7/7+ only. Hope this helps.
  10. #10  
    ekneeiphone's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    41 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    My wife's EDGE program payments are up. Opted to go with apple upgrade program instead last night. Buy AppleCare anyway . Have a lot of flexibility and not tied into verizon. Just paying monthly line charge. Her 2 plus year old iPhone 6 will just be traded in and then no longer tied to verizon.
    I like being a free agent. She can upgrade every year and less complications.
  11. #11  
    knotsure's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    415 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    What happens if you trade in an iPhone on the payment plan? I would assume I don't get the phone free if I still owe $400 for my iPhone 6s
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by knotsure View Post
    What happens if you trade in an iPhone on the payment plan? I would assume I don't get the phone free if I still owe $400 for my iPhone 6s
    Right. Only applicable if you "own" the the old iPhone.
    knotsure and Chrisy like this.
  13. #13  
    sx4dude2013's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitable Flux View Post
    For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

    Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

    Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

    There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.
    I just purchased a fully functional Sprint iPhone 5c from Swappa for $89 and plan to trade that in for the $400 credit and then just sell my iPhone 6s. That's fine rite?
  14. #14  
    bgl321's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    336 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    I talked to VZW and here's an example: I have my iPhone 6 and it's paid off. He said I would receive $650 in credits after ordering the $869 iPhone 7 plus. This would then reduce my monthly payment for the device to $9.15. Basically getting the iPhone 7 Plus (128gb) for $219!!! Sounds too good to be true. I emailed him and asked for it in writing.
    Chrisy likes this.
  15. #15  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Got a bunch of Verizon emails this morning and I am on AT&T. We had a Verizon account for my wife about 10 years ago. They are offering it to those coming in from other carriers as well. I just don't want to deal with the switch and porting numbers again. I did it from TMO to AT&T about 8 years ago.. that was enough. But yes, the deal is solid. Could trade in my wife's 5s for $400 credit, get a iPhone 7 32GB for 269 and gave her my iPhone 6. But again, locking into 2-years on Vz.
  16. #16  
    sx4dude2013's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Got a bunch of Verizon emails this morning and I am on AT&T. We had a Verizon account for my wife about 10 years ago. They are offering it to those coming in from other carriers as well. I just don't want to deal with the switch and porting numbers again. I did it from TMO to AT&T about 8 years ago.. that was enough. But yes, the deal is solid. Could trade in my wife's 5s for $400 credit, get a iPhone 7 32GB for 269 and gave her my iPhone 6. But again, locking into 2-years on Vz.
    Yea it's basically and contract without being a contract.
  17. #17  
    bgl321's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    336 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Got a bunch of Verizon emails this morning and I am on AT&T. We had a Verizon account for my wife about 10 years ago. They are offering it to those coming in from other carriers as well. I just don't want to deal with the switch and porting numbers again. I did it from TMO to AT&T about 8 years ago.. that was enough. But yes, the deal is solid. Could trade in my wife's 5s for $400 credit, get a iPhone 7 32GB for 269 and gave her my iPhone 6. But again, locking into 2-years on Vz.
    You should still be able pay it off ($269) and walk away, if you wanted to.
  18. #18  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    You should still be able pay it off ($269) and walk away, if you wanted to.
    Maybe.. but will have to pay a ETF too.. not sure how much, did not look. I would assume a few to several hundred dollars. They are only doing this to get you on a 2-year contract. They are not doing it to give away iPhone 7's.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  19. #19  
    sx4dude2013's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Maybe.. but will have to pay a ETF too.. not sure how much, did not look. I would assume a few to several hundred dollars. They are only doing this to get you on a 2-year contract. They are not doing it to give away iPhone 7's.
    It is not a contract and does not have an ETF but you do forfit the credit if you pay it off early
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    You should still be able pay it off ($269) and walk away, if you wanted to.
    *Not really.* the DPP for the new iPhone 7/7+ will still be $650+ depending on the model. You'll effectively see two things that'll show up on the bill: 1) the $27.08 monthly payments for, let's say, the iPhone 7 32gb model; and 2) the $27.00 credit for the trade in of an iPhone 6 or 6s.

    If you retain the iPhone 7 for the duration of the full two years, the credit and the monthly payment will cancel each other out. If you trade-up to the iPhone 8 next year, you'll trade-in the iPhone 7 and lose the monthly credits. If you decide to port out of Verizon Wireless, you'll lose the credits *and* you'll be responsible for the remaining balance on the iPhone 7.
    Basically, the promotion is really great for folks that will retain the iPhone 7 for 2 years and is somewhat great even for those that trade-up after 50%
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    I talked to VZW and here's an example: I have my iPhone 6 and it's paid off. He said I would receive $650 in credits after ordering the $869 iPhone 7 plus. This would then reduce my monthly payment for the device to $9.15. Basically getting the iPhone 7 Plus (128gb) for $219!!! Sounds too good to be true. I emailed him and asked for it in writing.

    It really is a great deal if you keep the iPhone 7+ 128gb for the duration of the two years (which means no trade-up, no early buyout, etc).
  22. #22  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    It is not a contract and does not have an ETF but you do forfit the credit if you pay it off early
    The emails I got = contract.. only valid if you subscribe to Vz for 2-years. I assume you can get out early if you pay off the phone (as you mention), but it's no different that last night my buying the phone for $749 and it's my phone.
    aokusman1 likes this.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    I just purchased a fully functional Sprint iPhone 5c from Swappa for $89 and plan to trade that in for the $400 credit and then just sell my iPhone 6s. That's fine rite?
    No restrictions on other carrier-branded iPhones currently. So, if you have (or plan to activate) Verizon service, you can trade in a 5c Sprint variant for trade-in.
  24. #24  
    bgl321's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    336 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitable Flux View Post
    It really is a great deal if you keep the iPhone 7+ 128gb for the duration of the two years (which means no trade-up, no early buyout, etc).
    The CS Rep told me that you can still upgrade after a year once half of $219 is paid off. You start over with the new device at whatever price but you can still upgrade.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    Inevitable Flux's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Iphone 7/7+ Trade-In Promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    The CS Rep told me that you can still upgrade after a year once half of $219 is paid off. You start over with the new device at whatever price but you can still upgrade.
    Yep. You just forfeit the remaining of credits. And it's not $219. It's half of whatever the remaining balance is left on the iPhone 7 /7+

Similar Threads

  1. IPhone 7 UNLOCKED models
    By kingweb in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:30 AM
  2. Iphone 7 Unlock question
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:23 AM
  3. Most protective clear case(s) for the iPhone 7?
    By unstoppablekem in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:13 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:01 AM
  5. The best way to buy your iPhone
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 11:14 PM

Posting Permissions