Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By mtcowdog
  • 1 Post By Premium1
  • 1 Post By Premium1
  • 1 Post By Davyo
  • 1 Post By jaleelhamid
  • 2 Post By Premium1
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Default Does the dual camera on the 7 Plus justify getting the 7 Plus version instead of the 7 ?

I don't really care about the zoom feature that much of the Plus version so if that's really the only advantage camera wise then am I better off sticking with my favorite smaller size.

Or is there something I'm overlooking that will make the dual camera on the Plus that much better to justify getting the Plus size ?

The out of focus background is a nice feature on the Plus but I can just do that with an app.'

From what I'm reading and watching I'm guessing the the only advantage with the 7 Plus camera wise is the Zoom and Bokeh effects,,, would I be correct ?

Opinions welcome.

Cheers
    Davyo
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the dual camera on the 7 Plus justify getting the 7 Plus version instead of the 7 ?

Low light pictures should benefit as well.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the dual camera on the 7 Plus justify getting the 7 Plus version instead of the 7 ?

Hard question. The dual camera system is very appealing to me. I use the iPhone camera all the time. But size is hard to justify. In a competitive sense, the plus is a huge phone for the screen size. For someone like me who uses the iPhone for all sorts of active pursuits, a smaller size is valuable. The tradeoff between size and function, thinking only about camera, is tough. I lean toward the regular 7.
    Premium1 and eyecrispy like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,680 Global Posts

I also prefer 4.7 inch but plus offers dual lens camera with 3gb ram for $120 more. Tough choice
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truman82 View Post
    Low light pictures should benefit as well.
    Since both 7's are using the same exact 12mp f/1.8 sensor how would low light pictures be better on the Plus ?

Thanks in advance.
    Davyo
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    I don't really care about the zoom feature that much of the Plus version so if that's really the only advantage camera wise then am I better off sticking with my favorite smaller size.

Or is there something I'm overlooking that will make the dual camera on the Plus that much better to justify getting the Plus size ?

The out of focus background is a nice feature on the Plus but I can just do that with an app.'

From what I'm reading and watching I'm guessing the the only advantage with the 7 Plus camera wise is the Zoom and Bokeh effects,,, would I be correct ?

Opinions welcome.

Cheers
    Davyo
    I am going with the 7 for the better one hand use. For me, the upgraded camera on the 7 will be fine for what I do. Yes you may miss out a little on low light, but for me, the sheer size is enough to make me stay with the 7, especially now that it finally has OIS.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazyatom View Post
    I also prefer 4.7 inch but plus offers dual lens camera with 3gb ram for $120 more. Tough choice
    is 3gb ram confirmed?
    krazyatom likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    Since both 7's are using the same exact 12mp f/1.8 sensor how would low light pictures be better on the Plus ?

Thanks in advance.
    Davyo
    The dual lenses.
    Truman82 likes this.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    The dual lenses.
    Huh, I was under the impression that both lens were not used at the same time for the the same purpose, I thought you only had the choice of using either one lens or the other, as in YouTube videos I see demos of people switching back and forth between lenses.
    The main shooter which is f/1.8 or the telephoto lens which is f/2.8.

I didn't think both lenses were working in concert with each other at the same time to take just a standard photo ?

Cheers
    Davyo
    Truman82 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

I am in the same boat. The plus is to big and the 4.7 is perfect. But only pro of the 7 plus is the extra GB of ram and dual camera...
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

The camera on the 7+ is calling my name. I can't wait to try it out, but it seems that the software isn't ready for it yet.

Still 2GB.

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelhamid View Post
    I am in the same boat. The plus is to big and the 4.7 is perfect. But only pro of the 7 plus is the extra GB of ram and dual camera...
    Still 2GB.

3 GBs of RAM? Are you sure about that?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Yea, the plus version should have 3Gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,680 Global Posts

One of youtuber "everything about iphone" guy told me it's 3gb for plus model but i can't say that official. Source:
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    Still 2GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    Still 2GB.
    7 plus has 3 gb of ram. https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/08/iphon...nch-benchmark/
    Just_Me_D and Truman82 like this.