Water resistant

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would not intentionally take it near water. Water damage can still occur.

We're always around water.. kitchen, bathroom, restaurants, swimming pool, rain, etc.. it's always around water. The nice thing is, for something accidental, your phone may be ok, instead of a $800 paperweight.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
We're always around water.. kitchen, bathroom, restaurants, swimming pool, rain, etc.. it's always around water. The nice thing is, for something accidental, your phone may be ok, instead of a $800 paperweight.

My phone is rarely around water. We are talking about taking a shower as the OP said.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Only water I want to use it in my phone

I do not know what this means?

My phone is rarely around water. We are talking about taking a shower as the OP said.

He did say shower, swimming pool... I would not recommend either, but it's your phone, your risk. I posted elsewhere about the water resistant standards for 6-dust 7-water and I would never feel comfortable having it in the shower. Maybe way on the other side of the bathroom while taking a shower, safer with some "steam" in the room. But for me, and my sanity, would keep it as dry as possible. The water resistance is great for a one time "oops", but it's not a diving watch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ya I take long showers and like to be on my phone but oh well maybe iPhone 7

You can leave your iPhone at hands reach in the shower behind a curtain. If you get a call or text, you can reach out, answer the phone call with your wet hands and ears outside of the water stream.

I would NOT recommend using it UNDER the water stream/shower though.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Splash proof means just that, it is an old term that used to be applied to cheap watches, I ruined a lot of these while sailing, years ago. Unless the item says it is guaranteed against 100m immersion don't trust it. The tests for immersion depth suitability are static tests, swimming and showering are dynamic activities.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice