Official: Waiting up for iPhone 7/7+ pre-order pajama party!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not amused: Apple should have let people know that only SOME colors were available on 9/16 prior to ordering, at least some would have had the chance to change their mind. Because their website says nothing about that. So I placed my order and only then did I find out about the shipping date. Then I tried to change my order to a different color, but no: sorry, try again in a few hours. So I went to sleep, tried again just now. Well apparently those tech geniuses do not give you the option to edit your order, you can cancel and start over and that's it.

So I tried ordering a 2nd phone and pay full retail, but the shipping dates are now all the way into October/November and there is no more availability for in store pick up.

So, I pay Apple's exorbitant prices because it is worth it to me to have a product that works without the Android fanfare and the stress level associated with shoddy devices or the crappy customer service I've come to expect from Samsung.

Now I'm in a position of paying Apple's eye gouging prices AND stress over it anyway?
I don't think so.

I will call Apple and see if talking to an actual human will make a difference.
If not, I'm keeping my 6 Plus and canceling my order, I have zero interest in this retarded waiting game that treats customers like donkeys braying after a carrot on a stick, screw that.

So why am I so anxious about the date? Because I won't be home at the end of the month, I really had this planned out to work with my schedule.

Absolutely sick of this crap.

That sucks.
I nearly pressed order for the jet black but noticed the shipping time so changed it before pressing order.
I hope things work the best for you

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was having problems with the sprint site so I booked a 256 matte black 7. Then minutes later the sprint site came up. They were offering no upgrade fee plus the lease rate was a little less so I booked that one too plus my wife's 7 plus. Anyone have experience canceling a pre-order through apple? It's saying it's still processing and can't be canceled at this time. I'm pretty sure I've seen where people have ordered from multiple places like this and canceled them but I've never had to.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
WOW the Jet Black is already pushed back to November for orders....... Good thing I wasn't going for that color so I might be okay still when I pre order monday since I am going with Silver on the 7 Plsu.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...sorry for your experience. Hopefully after your conversation with Apple Customer Service, there will be a brighter light at the end of the tunnel.

I am not amused: Apple should have let people know that only SOME colors were available on 9/16 prior to ordering, at least some would have had the chance to change their mind. Because their website says nothing about that. So I placed my order and only then did I find out about the shipping date. Then I tried to change my order to a different color, but no: sorry, try again in a few hours. So I went to sleep, tried again just now. Well apparently those tech geniuses do not give you the option to edit your order, you can cancel and start over and that's it.

So I tried ordering a 2nd phone and pay full retail, but the shipping dates are now all the way into October/November and there is no more availability for in store pick up.

So, I pay Apple's exorbitant prices because it is worth it to me to have a product that works without the Android fanfare and the stress level associated with shoddy devices or the crappy customer service I've come to expect from Samsung.

Now I'm in a position of paying Apple's eye gouging prices AND stress over it anyway?
I don't think so.

I will call Apple and see if talking to an actual human will make a difference.
If not, I'm keeping my 6 Plus and canceling my order, I have zero interest in this retarded waiting game that treats customers like donkeys braying after a carrot on a stick, screw that.

So why am I so anxious about the date? Because I won't be home at the end of the month, I really had this planned out to work with my schedule.

Absolutely sick of this crap.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Good lord I still haven't got my last two orders done. After 2 1/2hrs they gave up and told me to call back. Am on the phone now trying again and still having problems but at least it's going a little better.
I gave up and called the toll free number and got things sorted out in about 10 minutes, wasted more time than that waiting for the website to load.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure where to ask this but I thought maybe you guys might know. My daughter stayed up to order our phones on the upgrade program last night. My DH's went straight though (but still no confirmation email) and DD and I got emails with reserve numbers. We followed the instructions got the go ahead from AT&T but when we hit checkout it crashed. There's no way to retry. DD thinks it'll go through, I'm not so sure. Anyone have any insight? Been on hold with Apple for the last hour. Does anyone know if I can take the reserve numbers to the Apple Store? Any help would be appreciated.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I cancelled my order. This ordering morass has done one very good thing: it made my wallet happy.
And if my 6 Plus falls apart, I'll be getting a Nexus.
Apple can either deliver what it promises when it promises and without treating me like a moron with an open wallet or they can lose me as a customer.

Last edited:

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone preorder from Best Buy? My order completed at 12:12am and says delivery the 16th. Not sure if it's still saying that for everyone? I feel like I don't really know if that's when it's coming.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where to ask this but I thought maybe you guys might know. My daughter stayed up to order our phones on the upgrade program last night. My DH's went straight though (but still no confirmation email) and DD and I got emails with reserve numbers. We followed the instructions got the go ahead from AT&T but when we hit checkout it crashed. There's no way to retry. DD thinks it'll go through, I'm not so sure. Anyone have any insight? Been on hold with Apple for the last hour. Does anyone know if I can take the reserve numbers to the Apple Store? Any help would be appreciated.

You should have gotten an email if it went though. If you didn't then it might not have.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm just not sure if it's a case of the emails taking awhile (the reserve emails took 3hrs) or it just never went though. There's no way to tell.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Went with the jet black 7 plus 128 gb. Ordered through my carrier website (sprint). Says my shipping date is October 16th. Seems silly to me but whatever.

Sprints website was down for at least the first hour. I eventually got too tired to wait (since I needed to be at work at 9 that morning and preorders were at 2 am my time) and at 3 am I went to bed. Not sure when they actually started working. I woke up at 8 and finished the preorder process.

Guess it's a waiting game now. I was hoping to get it ordered early enough to minimize that wait. No such luck. Should have figured the newest color would be delayed immediately. One would think Apple would have planned for this at this point. It's the same story every year they release a new color.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Ugh.....got my final order email, it says Black, not Jet Black.......I'll deal with it this year if it's not Jet Black, I hope it is though.

Don't quote me on this but Jet Black vs Black is differentiate by the Model Number. I saw a list of all AT&T and Sprint ship dates for all models and capacity and there was only Black, Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold. So you may be totally fine. Fingers crossed for ya. You could always ask for anyone who ordered Jet Black what their confirmation said.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone preorder from Best Buy? My order completed at 12:12am and says delivery the 16th. Not sure if it's still saying that for everyone? I feel like I don't really know if that's when it's coming.

That's what I ended up doing as well mine says in progress for pickup 9/16

IMG_1473433988.260639.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not sure, but I think it might be the fact that I paid full retail and set up in store pick up. Maybe some are reserved for those instances. View attachment 111230

I paid full retail also, but my carrier was different, maybe THAT is the key plus I got the 7 Plus. I wanted in store pick up also but was told that was "unavailable. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro