Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Afraid of scratches? ;)

Nope currently have it on a otterbox until my dbrand skin arrives lol
c4e8a328ef79bf202174b1ca3c11b5bc.png

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
There's a whole thread for us I own a JB model & I'm without a case about 90ish % of the time. I only use one because I'm a girl & like accessories lol. I also don't use a screen protector....Hate them
I actually think that a screen protector is a essential thing. There's no need to buy a branded one since from my experience they're all the same so a 2 buck one from ebay will suffice. Remember, if the Smartphone breaks, it will be the glass only. They rest scratches or bends but that's not a problem, at least for me. Except if the manufacturer had the smart idea of making the Smartphone entirely out of glass... Stupidest thing I ever saw (iPhone 4, Samsung 6 and 7, Honor 8, etc etc)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually think that a screen protector is a essential thing. There's no need to buy a branded one since from my experience they're all the same so a 2 buck one from ebay will suffice. Remember, if the Smartphone breaks, it will be the glass only. They rest scratches or bends but that's not a problem, at least for me. Except if the manufacturer had the smart idea of making the Smartphone entirely out of glass... Stupidest thing I ever saw (iPhone 4, Samsung 6 and 7, Honor 8, etc etc)

I haven't used a screen protector since my 5S. With the 6 & newer devices the curved screen makes a protector look weird....I'm not a fan. Out of my last 5 devices (6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s Plus & 7 Plus) I've only had a minuscule scratch on the 6 Plus & 6s, which you can only see if I point it out. I've never cracked a screen on a phone but if I do, I'll just get it repaired or replaced. I can't deal with the space around the edge of the phone lol.

BTW....I loved my glass 4S & I never broke it lol.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since my 5S. With the 6 & newer devices the curved screen makes a protector look weird....I'm not a fan. Out of my last 5 devices (6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s Plus & 7 Plus) I've only had a minuscule scratch on the 6 Plus & 6s, which you can only see if I point it out. I've never cracked a screen on a phone but if I do, I'll just get it repaired or replaced. I can't deal with the space around the edge of the phone lol.

BTW....I loved my glass 4S & I never broke it lol.
I understand. In my case I prefer to have something that doesn't look so nice that having to pay 180 euros for Apple replace the glass under warranty. But that's just me, who broke the Smartphone screen once. ;)

louisjackson

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
The jet black is amazing IMO. I almost don't want to use a case because it blurs the beauty of it. I use a very clear case, but it still hides the majesty of the jet black backing!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
For me, this is always the hardest decision to make. Ive normally spent hours and hours deciding on what phone to get next and when i finally decide on the iPhone 7, i then have to pick a colour lol. :)

It normally comes down to the Matte Black or the Product RED. Both look amazing to me. While the JET Black is also pretty cool, it's just too fragile and i would be worries about it scratching to easily. I also like the idea of supporting a 'charity' or 'cause' so I'm a little swayed to the Product RED.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, this is always the hardest decision to make. Ive normally spent hours and hours deciding on what phone to get next and when i finally decide on the iPhone 7, i then have to pick a colour lol. :)

It normally comes down to the Matte Black or the Product RED. Both look amazing to me. While the JET Black is also pretty cool, it's just too fragile and i would be worries about it scratching to easily. I also like the idea of supporting a 'charity' or 'cause' so I'm a little swayed to the Product RED.

JB isn't as fragile as it seems but I agree with supporting a cause!

johnalee

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the Jet Black 7 128gb. I hate cases but I use the Apple battery case at work and when I go out I don't use a case. I only have minor scuffs not really noticeable. I am just careful with my devices. I like all of the colors but I really like the Jet Black. Just my 2 cents.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been watching several matte black ones on eBay for awhile now. I haven't yet bought one (debating on waiting until the iPhone 8 is at least officially revealed and am also unsure whether I want the 128GB or 256GB).

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Update since my last post: I ordered a 256GB matte black iPhone 7 this past Saturday. Should be here this Saturday. I decided on 256GB so I could upload my entire iTunes music/video library to it (currently have 99GB of stuff up there).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Update since my last post: I ordered a 256GB matte black iPhone 7 this past Saturday. Should be here this Saturday. I decided on 256GB so I could upload my entire iTunes music/video library to it (currently have 99GB of stuff up there).

Congrats! Let us know what you think when you get it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! Let us know what you think when you get it.

It's awesome! I have my entire music library on it now, but I decided to delete the videos to retain more space. I have to admit, though, a part of me is having buyers' remorse over not having gotten the rose gold one. I think the rose gold is definitely still my all time favorite color for iPhones! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.