Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just bought this fine piece of technology to convert my non-Bluetooth car stereo to a Bluetooth enabled one.
For only $15 it's a steal.

I'm headed home right now to test it out.
6b428b93e106e2819e34b491144b0760.jpg

beachhoppr

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
it just creates a situation where if you don't use or have bluetooth you now have more junk to carry around. as someone who travels a lot it's more to lose forget etc

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
It's not that big of a deal at all. I'm starting to wonder if ppl actually read anymore. I can't believe people keep saying they not buying the phone cause it don't have a headphone jack like they clearly didn't give you an adapter for you to use the headphone jack. If there's a issue with loosing the adapter, just lease it attached to your headphones

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
It's not that big of a deal at all. I'm starting to wonder if ppl actually read anymore. I can't believe people keep saying they not buying the phone cause it don't have a headphone jack like they clearly didn't give you an adapter for you to use the headphone jack. If there's a issue with loosing the adapter, just lease it attached to your headphones

Leave*

megs2917

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm fine with it. I have Bluetooth in my van and I'll eventually pick up an adapter to be able to charge it and plug headphones into it.
I use headphones maybe ten times a year. So it's really not an issue for me.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Colorado right now for a week, where I need to charge my phone while using GPS to direct us to the next location we are going to. So yea, lack of a headphone jack would be an issue for us to listen to music or put the GPS on the car speakers without draining the battery. Glad I have a 6s.

Having to buy another dongle to do what my 6s does is silly. Plus one more thing to pack for a trip. I suppose if you never travel and get a rental car then this won't be an issue for the 'I only use BT headphones' crowd.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am ok with not having both.. that being said, I am having BT issues with my car. Just won't connect on a regular basis. I have to turn of BT, and reconnect every couple times. Not sure what's up with that. Did not have this with the 5, 5S, or 6

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

What if you need to use the headphones with your laptop as well as your phone? Or a plane? Or a tablet? etc

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
What if you need to use the headphones with your laptop as well as your phone? Or a plane? Or a tablet? etc

It still shouldn't be that big of a deal. I know life gets a little hectic sometimes but as adults we should be able to keep up with the adapter if you have to take it off. If you buy the phone you'll undoubtedly have 2 sets of headphones anyway so just keep the right headphones with the device you use it with. Am I saying that it's not an inconvenience? No. cause it is for some but it's not that major or something you can't adjust to.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones, so I'll be ok when I upgrade. It would be nice if they kept the jack, but there is a cord in the box no? I'll just have to make sure to keep it with me in case my headphones drain.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe would be the same as others mention. I skype on my phone a lot and that kills the battery. Being able to skype and plug in is a convenient feature on my 6s. I guess we will see what happens when I need to upgrade. Lol.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It still shouldn't be that big of a deal. I know life gets a little hectic sometimes but as adults we should be able to keep up with the adapter if you have to take it off. If you buy the phone you'll undoubtedly have 2 sets of headphones anyway so just keep the right headphones with the device you use it with. Am I saying that it's not an inconvenience? No. cause it is for some but it's not that major or something you can't adjust to.

Actually no, I don't have two sets of headphones. I carry a laptop and a smart phone (and sometimes a tablet), and I travel on planes, and I only carry one set of headphones. Quite nice noise cancelling headphones actually, which are quite large and quite expensive, so I don't want to buy another set. I know that adaptors easily get lost because I frequently lose the adapter for old-fashioned plane sockets (Valueline AC-069 Vliegtuigadapter kopen? | Bax-shop).

So for me it really is an inconvenience. If we got something worthwhile in return it wouldn't be such a problem, but this just seems to be pure inconvenience for no gain. Other manufacturers manage to make phones with a decent battery and still include a headphone socket.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Headphones with laptop, phone, or tablet is done via BT.

Plane ? I specifically replaced my QC 15s with the QC 35. The 35 is both BT and comes with a wire to plug into aircraft entertainment centers. It helps keep my sanity while flying, especially on overseas flights.

It's nice not having the cable. I had to replace the cable on my 15s when it got sucked into the intake of my blower.

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Actually no, I don't have two sets of headphones. I carry a laptop and a smart phone (and sometimes a tablet), and I travel on planes, and I only carry one set of headphones. Quite nice noise cancelling headphones actually, which are quite large and quite expensive, so I don't want to buy another set. I know that adaptors easily get lost because I frequently lose the adapter for old-fashioned plane sockets (Valueline AC-069 Vliegtuigadapter kopen? | Bax-shop).

So for me it really is an inconvenience. If we got something worthwhile in return it wouldn't be such a problem, but this just seems to be pure inconvenience for no gain. Other manufacturers manage to make phones with a decent battery and still include a headphone socket.

I was saying if you bought the phone, they will provide you with your 2nd set of headphones, you could just keep those with the adapter. I fly twice a month and don't lose anything so personally I'm not worried about losing the adapter. As far as other phone makers go, I have been to all the other sides and I haven't found better than Apple. That's with battery life, security and just being an overall solid phone

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand.
#1 If you use BT you can use them with the phone as well as the laptop
#2 If you use corded, just use the adapter when on the iPhone and take the adapter off (literally 1-second of your time) and use it on the laptop.

It's not an issue. I don't see a problem here... you're just making it one to argue the missing jack.