Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You can get a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into your AUX

My Nissan came w/o BT, or a USB port in the stereo. Car audio store = $250 later, new stereo, cd player (which I seldom use), USB port for ...whatever and BT. For me worth the $250. But I keep a small thumb drive plugged in with 600 songs and I am good and the BT works great for my navigation. However not great for voice conversations. That's what $250 gets you.. but if I could afford more, I would not be driving a 2012 Nissan.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Nissan came w/o BT, or a USB port in the stereo. Car audio store = $250 later, new stereo, cd player (which I seldom use), USB port for ...whatever and BT. For me worth the $250. But I keep a small thumb drive plugged in with 600 songs and I am good and the BT works great for my navigation. However not great for voice conversations. That's what $250 gets you.. but if I could afford more, I would not be driving a 2012 Nissan.

That's one way to do it too.

afourney

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No.

From the Bose website, Bluetooth headphones have some limitations:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...nes-ii.html%23ProductTabs_tab3&token=s-DxgYwI

"Can these headphones be used for gaming?

no. most gaming consoles do not use the same bluetooth protocols as soundlink? headphones. a2dp is necessary for audio with the headphones, so they would only work for communications, not game audio. in general, the audio/video delay will be excessive and most noticeable in games where action and audio are supposed to be synchronized. players of casual games with sound effects may not have an issue."

"Do these headphones work with my TV? Would they work with a Bluetooth transmitter?

no. many tvs do not have wireless bluetooth functionality. although a transmitter will technically work, the experience does not meet bose expectations. there will be a distracting delay between the audio and video that detracts from the experience."

Honest question:Did Apple fix this?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No.

From the Bose website, Bluetooth headphones have some limitations:

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-7/e?...nes-ii.html%23ProductTabs_tab3&token=LutvibCF

"Can these headphones be used for gaming?

no. most gaming consoles do not use the same bluetooth protocols as soundlink? headphones. a2dp is necessary for audio with the headphones, so they would only work for communications, not game audio. in general, the audio/video delay will be excessive and most noticeable in games where action and audio are supposed to be synchronized. players of casual games with sound effects may not have an issue."

"Do these headphones work with my TV? Would they work with a Bluetooth transmitter?

no. many tvs do not have wireless bluetooth functionality. although a transmitter will technically work, the experience does not meet bose expectations. there will be a distracting delay between the audio and video that detracts from the experience."

Honest question:Did Apple fix this?

So don't get these headphones, get something else that works better. There is nothing for Apple to fix.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Totaly ok with it. I have been a BT user for a long time. It is so seldom that I plug anything into my headphone jack that I won't miss it at all.

garfieldthecat

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Right. And mini USB can be proprietary also, as in my Nokia Windows Phone or my Blackberry. That is why when I am at the big box store, there isn't just one mini USB car charger for any phone, but a whole isle of mini USB cables for different phone manufacturers.
?????????? miniUSB is miniUSB; there is no such thing as a Blackberry-only miniUSB

garfieldthecat

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So don't get these headphones, get something else that works better. There is nothing for Apple to fix.
Something else such as what? The problem is not so much with Bose, but with Bluetooth as a standard, which cannot match the performance of wired headsets; for what my use of the phone is, I don't care, but audiophiles or gamers may tell the difference between bluetooth and wires.

garfieldthecat

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you.
To innovate is to think creatively. Having said that, the simple removal of the earphone jack is, by definition, innovative. What you "seem to want" is an explanation to why they chose to remove it other than what was explained at the keynote, of which you reject. I cannot provide that explanation. Anyway, I've got to go to work. Have a great day.
No explanation other than marketing and greed exists. All I'd like is for pro-Apple taliban fanboys to admit as much, and to recognise that there is no innovation and no improvement whatsoever. But I guess that won't happen! :laughing:
PS is any change innovation? Methinks not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No explanation other than marketing and greed exists. All I'd like is for pro-Apple taliban fanboys to admit as much, and to recognise that there is no innovation and no improvement whatsoever. But I guess that won't happen! :laughing:
PS is any change innovation? Methinks not.

Okay, there's "no explanation other than marketing and greed". Feel better?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Something else such as what? The problem is not so much with Bose, but with Bluetooth as a standard, which cannot match the performance of wired headsets; for what my use of the phone is, I don't care, but audiophiles or gamers may tell the difference between bluetooth and wires.

Other Bose BT Sets
Non Bose Options
Sennheiser
Sony
Beats
Plantronics
V-Moda
Bang & Olufsen
Parrot
Skullcandy
LG
etc..

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
This thread has honestly turned into 8 pages of over-opinionated bullcrap. Opinions are one thing... judging and objecting to others opinions are way too much. One side said theirs and the other side said theirs.... several pages ago!!!!
Instead of lengthening the thread, just submit feedback to Apple. No one knows if change will happen... you either accept, adapt... or don't!!!