Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Just one quick comment: be sure you are comfortable with the level of sound isolation of the headphones you choose. Many offer good isolation, which means good sound quality, but can be dangerous depending on circumstances (eg you walk down the street and don't hear incoming traffic). The plantronics backbeat fit are bluetooth but have an open design which lets in some background noise.

I love this comment ! you can be sure that those who it is about will also be on F******k at the same time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My first world problem is once I go wireless headphones what I am going to do on international flights? Sure not a common problem but I fly international 1-2 times a month and they will require wired headphones pretty much forever I am guessing. Are there any Bluetooth transmitters I can drop in to the headphone socket to use with my new wireless headphones?

Use the wired headphones that come with the iPhone 7 model(s). Or use the dongle (that also comes with it) and use your existing headphones that have a male 3.5mm.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's a hyperbole. But if we want to use Apple products we have to buy Apple- specific accessories. Most phones use a mini-USB to charge for example. We have to have an Apple only charger. Now it's the same with earbuds unless we use and/or adaptors.

I don't have an "apple only charger" or "apple only cable" at least not by branding. I have several that are Amazon Basic or Belkin or other brand. They connections are specific fo apple, but the companies that make / sell them are not. I am beyond happy with the Amazon Basic line, they work flawlessly and for about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of Apple.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's a hyperbole. But if we want to use Apple products we have to buy Apple- specific accessories. Most phones use a mini-USB to charge for example. We have to have an Apple only charger. Now it's the same with earbuds unless we use and/or adaptors.

Not necessarily. Apple won't be the only company providing lightning headphones, just like they're not the only ones selling lightning cables.

Thegoat8664

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
really the only time i plug in is in my truck, ill leave the adapter attached to that aux cord and later on maybe buy another to keep in my bag if i feel the need. I already had a set of Jaybirds that i love. I use a plantronics headset in my truck but that has really taken a dive lately so ill probably give the airpods a run when they finally release. I

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's going to be a pain but I imagine a year from now I'll barely give it a thought.

Forgetting about self and thinking ahead for the enterprise where I'm an admin...

Water resistant phones and cordless headphones should be good where there are kitchens, delivery drivers, and a start toward replacing old school telephone and intercom.

I'm sure most here are consumers or personal users. Intercom systems, Skype For Business integrated with enterprise Office 365 are probably not familiar. In my work realm where we're past 2/3 of new state of the art Cisco networks and WiFi and starting to get fiber and wireless Internet not tied to conventional TELCO this all looks great.

I haven't jumped on to get the 7 but I use the 12" MacBook so I know I would not mind a dongle that has two ports if that's my stop gap to charge a phone and use old headphones. Using my USB C dongle is now as you said "barely give it a thought".

It was really interesting to see my generally need less, want less, not for hype wife take notice of wireless headphones.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
When I went from my iPhone 6 to 6s Plus, I definitely noticed muddier audio quality on the 6s Plus compared to my 6 with the same headphones. I am excited that the onboard DAC is being taken out of the equation.

I have a few pairs of nice headphones that I already use with a portable DAC so I'm not too concerned with having to use an adapter and I'm sure that better alternatives to Apple's headphone adapter will flood the market soon enough.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Forgetting about self and thinking ahead for the enterprise where I'm an admin...

Water resistant phones and cordless headphones should be good where there are kitchens, delivery drivers, and a start toward replacing old school telephone and intercom..

I run properties where I am around in ground pools and spas often. I am always worried I can get bumped and wind up in a pool or spa with my phone.

I am extra careful with my phone. Accidents happen.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well... If more people saw me trying to negotiate the head tripping entanglements of my wired headset everytime I need to use it, they'd probably think the new design was created for me, lol. I'll definitely give it a shot. Just imagine me fighting a giant pile of spaghetti on my head. That's what unraveling my headset does, lol.

Mmmm spaghetti

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not bothered at all. I can use the dongle they include with the phone or the Lightning EarPods or get a Bluetooth headphone eventually.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Since I DO use the 3.5 port to listen to music in my car on trips AND charge, I will need to get this adaptor. It's a bit of a hassle. Unfortunetly my car doesn't have BT. It's a lowly Subaru Outback. :)

How old is your Outback? Mine has BT...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
For personal headphones I'd already moved to Bluetooth buds, except in the gym.

For my car, I have an Aux port only, which makes it a touch annoying. But if the Belkin Lightning splitter works, then it should all work anyway.

I may not upgrade to the 7. I'd switched to a Galaxy S7 dual sim model from Hong Kong that's water resistant. I said I wouldn't switch back until those two features -- water resistance and dual sim capacity -- came to iPhones. But this one is tempting. The matte black looks very nice, and I miss my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods