Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My first world problem is once I go wireless headphones what I am going to do on international flights? Sure not a common problem but I fly international 1-2 times a month and they will require wired headphones pretty much forever I am guessing. Are there any Bluetooth transmitters I can drop in to the headphone socket to use with my new wireless headphones?

So use the wired headphones... who is stopping you? I don't see the problem. Use wired, use bluetooth.. your choice. Just use the adapter. It comes with the phone. Keep it attached to your wired headset. That's what I will be doing. I have both wired and wireless. It's not a issue. It's like "tea or coffee", just pick what you want.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a drawer full of bt earbuds, and headsets; with a combined value that would have easily funded a new iPhone. All of them are great for listening to podcasts, and music and they're all crap when attempting to have a crystal clear audio experience when using the iPhone, as a phone. My clients are polite, my spouse will hang up on me if my call is not clear. Maybe I'm reading/listening to the wrong IOS geek experts. No one talks about this issue. The clearest audio for voice conversation is still a wired headset. So how do I stay wired and refresh the battery if the one port solution is the only solution?

Cough up the $40 bucks for this and use your wired sets.
7e83ddf4977f45f9549ca8a8da5213c2.jpg

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It is incredibly entertaining reading some of the comments in this thread. I'm going to say outright that I am firmly against this change for very practical reasons explained many times on these and other forums. What amuses me about this thread though is how many people are completely ignorant on the subject yet speak so confidently about the benefits of this change, often just citing the reasons that were spoon-fed by Apple's spin department. Carry on with the group-think, it's a fascinating psychology experiment to watch.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Since I DO use the 3.5 port to listen to music in my car on trips AND charge, I will need to get this adaptor. It's a bit of a hassle. Unfortunetly my car doesn't have BT. It's a lowly Subaru Outback. :)
Apple wants you to buy a new car. Have courage.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Not really I use Bose oei2 headphones and swap from my 6S plus to iPad frequently, I had Bose Bluetooth and they were a pain charging all the time, I use Bluetooth in car when travelling but speech is out of sync when watching netflix ie when waiting for my kids in music lessons etc, so use aux via the headphone jack and charge at same time, so for me not convinced to get the 7 plus I don't want to stuff around with adapters everywhere.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple wants you to buy a new car. Have courage.

LOL! Must. Have. Apple. Branded. Car.

Well as long as there are adaptors I will be okay. I use that 3.5mm jack a TON whilst charging though. Not a deal breaker but a slight annoyance. :)

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
How's that ???

Well, that's a hyperbole. But if we want to use Apple products we have to buy Apple- specific accessories. Most phones use a mini-USB to charge for example. We have to have an Apple only charger. Now it's the same with earbuds unless we use and/or adaptors.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The Palm Treo smartphone had a headphone jack, but it was proprietary and you neeeded a dongle adaptor to use regular headphones. That was a hassle too. The difference is that the cheap adaptor for the Palm Treo was analog, where the one for the iPhone 7 must be digital and contain a DAC on board.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's a hyperbole. But if we want to use Apple products we have to buy Apple- specific accessories. Most phones use a mini-USB to charge for example. We have to have an Apple only charger. Now it's the same with earbuds unless we use and/or adaptors.

Right. And mini USB can be proprietary also, as in my Nokia Windows Phone or my Blackberry. That is why when I am at the big box store, there isn't just one mini USB car charger for any phone, but a whole isle of mini USB cables for different phone manufacturers.

Nick Garza1

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
For the most part yes, especially after I buy the airpods. I can foresee an issue with listening to music/podcasts in my car and charging. I'm also not expecting much as far as sound quality in the airpods.

ski542002

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey:

Might be a bit early for this question but does anyone know if these new Apple-branded $150 earbuds will sound better for voice calls than all the others. IF the audio quality for a phone call is close to the quality of a wired earpiece, I'd spend the $$. Wonder what Apple's return policy would be for these if they did sound like all the others and I wanted to return?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey:

Might be a bit early for this question but does anyone know if these new Apple-branded $150 earbuds will sound better for voice calls than all the others. IF the audio quality for a phone call is close to the quality of a wired earpiece, I'd spend the $$. Wonder what Apple's return policy would be for these if they did sound like all the others and I wanted to return?

Until we can get our hands on a pair and test them, we really can't answer your question.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen