Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Bose last week. Awesome headphones!!

I need to find some that aren't big cans like that. I use headphones all the time, but have been wanting wireless because I get them caught in stuff (laptop bag, drawer in the kitchen when my phone is in my pocket, etc.)

I've seen mention of the Powerbeats but 1) not sure I want beats and 2) not sure about the durability of those models based on reviews.

I'll start looking in other threads :)

garfieldthecat

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I need to find some that aren't big cans like that. I use headphones all the time, but have been wanting wireless because I get them caught in stuff (laptop bag, drawer in the kitchen when my phone is in my pocket, etc.)
Just one quick comment: be sure you are comfortable with the level of sound isolation of the headphones you choose. Many offer good isolation, which means good sound quality, but can be dangerous depending on circumstances (eg you walk down the street and don't hear incoming traffic). The plantronics backbeat fit are bluetooth but have an open design which lets in some background noise.

iGlide

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have been reading on this subject and it got me thinking... Hmmm, When exactly was the last time I used the 3.5m jack on my iPhone for anything?
and furthermore, Where is it located..JK. BT integration has never been a problem for me so I certainly will not miss it! And i hate running and walking with cords attached anyways!

zestypepper

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I've seen mention of the Powerbeats but 1) not sure I want beats and 2) not sure about the durability of those models based on reviews.

I'll start looking in other threads :)

I have headphones that serve different purposes. I have Powerbeats 2 for gym/workout. I use the Bose QC 35 for pretty much everything else - desk at work, desk at home, airplane trips, etc. The Powerbeats are very durable. There are so many options out there in bluetooth headphones. I am sure you will find something. Study the reviews on everything before you buy.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Apple removed analogue video output when they moved to the Lightning port. People weren't all up in arms about that.

Scootsd

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
The only issue is when you want to charge and use wired headphones, I.e. While flying. Of course Belkin made the dongle and others will follow, but cables in top of cables on top of cables. Apple should have done wireless charging this year.

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I'm ok with it. I'll just use the ear pods with lightning connector. Air Pods are questionable though. I'm not yet sure if those are worth more than other headphones. 🤔

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It boggles my mind that this is an issue. You can still use the regular headset with an adapter (free) or get more later and have them attached to every standard audio device you own. Is it because there is no "Bendgate" this year, people need something to whine over?

Apple is a business, first and foremost. It's a good business decision on their part. For income, profit, and dependability. Not even counting removing a chunk space to expand things like the taptic engine and battery.

If you're not happy, I have an unlocked Razr somewhere around here, I can let it go for a good price!

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't like it because I use cheap Skullcandy headphones at work to stream Spotify, and if my 6 Plus' battery gets low, I plug it in to my power bank and keep on listening. Now, to do that with a 7 Plus, I'd have to buy an adapter of some sort. Just seems like they made a critical part of the phone (listening to music) more difficult. I'm not an audiophile, though, so I doubt I'd notice any difference in sound quality.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe because analogue video output was not as widely used as the audio jack?

That seems fair. I am glad that apple at least includes a headphone jack adaptor. I still have my Apple lightning port 30 pin adaptor that has a DAC inside. I use it with my car stereo. I will still use that with the 7, if I update.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't like it because I use cheap Skullcandy headphones at work to stream Spotify, and if my 6 Plus' battery gets low, I plug it in to my power bank and keep on listening. Now, to do that with a 7 Plus, I'd have to buy an adapter of some sort. Just seems like they made a critical part of the phone (listening to music) more difficult. I'm not an audiophile, though, so I doubt I'd notice any difference in sound quality.

Apple is including the headphone adaptor with purchase of the new iPhone. You are good with your existing earphones. I agree, that it sucks to have to buy another adaptor, but I am sure they will be down in price by the time I get around to the 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative