Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 312
Like Tree150Likes
  1. #51  
    noto220's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    31 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    I'm cool with it. It does come with an adaptor which a lot of people aren't covering. Like tons of the medias headlines "iPhone 7 NO Headphone Jack" shouldn't be that hard, just leave the adaptor on your headphones. I'm assuming they ditched it for the water 'resistant' part.
  2. #52  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,352 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    YUP. I totally am.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are YOU ok with no audio jack??-img_4966.jpg  
  3. #53  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,352 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    No idea why this is upside down, but it matches the feeling!
  4. #54  
    technonene's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Besides being someone who listen to music a lot I don't really care, the only bad thing is everyone who wants to use other audio devices only compatible with P2, will need to cary the adapter.
    Tartarus likes this.
  5. #55  
    NekoMichi's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    64 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    For me personally it isn't a major issue, I switched to using Bluetooth headphones a long time ago so the removal of an on-board headphone port won't make much of a difference. There are a few situations where I still do need to use wired audio, though:

    - Bluetooth audio has a small delay compared to wired audio. While this isn't really noticeable when watching videos, it can adversely affect video editing processes.
    - The same goes for when composing music using apps like MusicStudio, the small delay between what the screen shows and the audio is distracting.
    - And also for music/rhythm games that require precision timing, the Bluetooth delay can totally throw off gameplay.
    - Audio quality through Bluetooth isn't as good as through wired. This isn't really that noticeable for everyday listening (especially since Bluetooth audio has been getting better and better over the years) but can interfere when listening to audio tracks for analytical purposes. (But then again, acoustic analysis isn't exactly an everyday use for an iPhone, and is probably better suited on a PC)

    So I guess it's good that the iPhone 7 comes with an audio adaptor, which I'll probably leave semi-permanently attached to my audio cord for the times when Bluetooth audio can't get the job done.
    SPS828 likes this.
  6. #56  
    Tsar7777's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    They always said that when Steve Jobs was gone that Apple would go to hell. Talk about out of touch. The never ear buds hurt my ears but I have some older ones that are great. Apples motto "If it works, fix it". Somebody is going to sweep in and steal the show directly, be it Samsung, LG, whom ever. I am ready to jump from Apple, just not sure which way at this point. By this time next year, it will be crystal clear.
  7. #57  
    Tsar7777's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Exactly the point. The customer is not always right with Apple. And Apple Pay, the only place I can find that takes it is the Apple Store. I am getting the new air pods for free, I'll be picking them up off the sidewalk.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar7777 View Post
    They always said that when Steve Jobs was gone that Apple would go to hell. Talk about out of touch. The never ear buds hurt my ears but I have some older ones that are great. Apples motto "If it works, fix it". Somebody is going to sweep in and steal the show directly, be it Samsung, LG, whom ever. I am ready to jump from Apple, just not sure which way at this point. By this time next year, it will be crystal clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar7777 View Post
    Exactly the point. The customer is not always right with Apple. And Apple Pay, the only place I can find that takes it is the Apple Store. I am getting the new air pods for free, I'll be picking them up off the sidewalk.
    The great news is there are a ton of other options. If you're unhappy with Apple you can always switch. Just keep in mind the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    iOS_Mane likes this.
  9. #59  
    tica02's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    I'm good without it.
  10. #60  
    iOS_Mane's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Got Bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth in my car i'm good without the Aux.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    To be honest I just don't understand what the big fuss is about. They changed 1 thing but added a handful of things and all people can complain about is the 1 thing? That is crazy. What about the extra speaker or the force touch home button? They are even giving you an adapter and people are still crying. Come on people let's enjoy this new beautiful device. Just my 2 cents lol
    Rob Phillips likes this.
  12. #62  
    apcman's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    I understand that why they did it but I just feel like they didn't have a solution for totally replacing it. If I wanted to get new headphones with a lightning connecter it wouldn't work with my Mac that is only a year and a half old. I can't charge my phone at the airport and listen to music either. I travel a fair amount and it is nice being able to top off my phone and keep the tunes playing. I have in the past forgot my headphones at home but I could always stop at any store and grab a cheap pair to get me through the week, but now that can't happen. It just feels like they decided it would be a good idea from a engineering stand point but they didn't think of all the benefits that come from that standard jack.
  13. #63  
    Nakia Johnson1's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    I am fine with no audio jack. Because I'm currently using Bluetooth so it really doesn't bother me at all 💯
  14. #64  
    Pedro Hicken's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    151 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Not fussed because they have included an adaptor anyway.

    It's just like the whole USB-C thing on the MacBooks.
  15. #65  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    199 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariza16 View Post
    After the Apple announcement i see a lot of people are not ok with this change, and some even completely hate it. I'm wondering are there people out there OK with the change and don't mind the fact that there is no audio jack? or maybe you are happy about this change.

    I for one don't mind it, i actually don't listen much with my headphones so i'm ok and can't wait to get a new iPhone.

    For me, its not a train smash since i own some bluetooth headphones. That being said, i actually do prefer using the cable. I don't think not having a 3.5mm jack will stop me from purchasing but its definitely a CON and not a PRO in my opinion
    Ariza16 likes this.
  16. #66  
    garfieldthecat's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffypig View Post
    Apple included a headphone jack. It comes in the form of an adaptor.
    Which adds to the bulk, defying the point about a thinner phone, and which I would be very very likely to lose or to forget numerous times
  17. #67  
    garfieldthecat's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It's old tech, time to move onward.
    Oh, I see, so you don't use round wheels because they are an old tech?
    What are the advantages of lightning over the jack? I asked about the technical details in my other post ( How much better can lightning headphones be (technical details appreciated)? ), and I have not exactly been inundated with explanations clarifying how and why lightning is indubitably better...
    Kastellen likes this.
  18. #68  
    garfieldthecat's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post

    Not to people who tend to forward think or innovate.
    And just what is this innovation?
    Waterproofing, which other manufacturers pulled off while retaining the audio jack?

    Better audio quality? How and why? Better than, say, the $ 1,000 top of the range quad-driver in-ear Shures used by professionals? SE846 Sound Isolating? Earphones | Shure Americas

    24 bit? Like Sony's 24-bit-capable hi-res audio headphones which, guess what, use an ordinary jack? Hi-Res Audio | High Resolution Audio for Best Sound Quality | Sony US

    More battery? Exactly how much more battery has the iphone gained? And can't this be offset by lightning headphones drawing power from the phone?

    Better active noise cancelling? Better than Bose's? Better than passive noise isolation which, unlike the active one, does not require power and does not distort sounds in any way?

    Like I said, floppy disks and lan ports were removed because there was a better alternative. I still have to understand how and why lightning would be any better.

    I do, however, see lots of downsides: the adapter adds bulk, defying the point about a thinner point, and is easy to lose; you cannot charge and listen to music at the same time; you cannot listen to any media stored on an OTG device; using the same headphones on other devices becomes harder (yes, there's an adapter, but how many people will forget to carry it around when they need it?). Forget Android, this means incompatibility even with many Macs! Ah, yes, the future, the innovation... even if it is unclear what advantages this innovation brings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Decency & common sense? How is understanding that some people will dislike the lack of an earphone jack and therefore providing the tools so that they can continue using their current accessories not decent and a display of common sense?
    Apple did this because it wanted to push users towards using lightning headphones, because they get a cut on every lightning device sold, while they do not get a cent on non-lightning headphones. You may say you are fine with it, that this is not a disadvantage for how you use your phone, or that the iphone has other pros which outweigh this con - that's fine, of course, it's a subjective opinion, to each his/her own. What is totally flawed, though, is that this was because of 'innovation'.
    Chrisy and Kastellen like this.
  19. #69  
    Ron7624's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    199 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    I'm Okay with it since they included the Lightning ear buds in the box. I don't listen to music often unless I'm in my truck, then it comes through the system in my truck.
    I really liked the new Air Pods. I gotta get a set of those when they come out. I like being able to use just one for phone calls and other things.. I just hope they have the same volume the wired ones have because I lost a lot of my hearing to loud music when I was younger.
  20. #70  
    Ling Cheung's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Yes, because I do use headphones much anyways. I will just get a Bluetooth headphone.
  21. #71  
    Jonathan Romcy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Those days I found myself charging my phone and listening to music or watching videos while I'm in my bed. So maybe that would be a problem to me.
    Chrisy likes this.
  22. #72  
    Jonathan Romcy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    To be honest I just don't understand what the big fuss is about. They changed 1 thing but added a handful of things and all people can complain about is the 1 thing? That is crazy. What about the extra speaker or the force touch home button? They are even giving you an adapter and people are still crying. Come on people let's enjoy this new beautiful device. Just my 2 cents lol
    Hahaha agree. I really don't see the purpose of all of this. A minor change. A big problem. Definitely they will be used to it with time.
    Tartarus and Ron7624 like this.
  23. #73  
    choushenza's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    sure i will ok, i just can hope apple technician serve best quality audio on airpods
  24. #74  
    Wotchered's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    523 Posts

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    No,I'm not happy with this,I listen and read at the same time,this eats my battery. I need to charge as well. My very old 4s is still running but I was going to buy a new iPhone at the end of this year.However I think I'll wait till this is sorted out (7s-8) if the old girl pops her clogs I'l get whatever is the best deal at the time.
    Chrisy and Kastellen like this.
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Are YOU ok with no audio jack??

    Quote Originally Posted by garfieldthecat View Post
    And just what is this innovation?
    Waterproofing, which other manufacturers pulled off while retaining the audio jack?

    Better audio quality? How and why? Better than, say, the $ 1,000 top of the range quad-driver in-ear Shures used by professionals? SE846 Sound Isolating? Earphones | Shure Americas

    24 bit? Like Sony's 24-bit-capable hi-res audio headphones which, guess what, use an ordinary jack? Hi-Res Audio | High Resolution Audio for Best Sound Quality | Sony US

    More battery? Exactly how much more battery has the iphone gained? And can't this be offset by lightning headphones drawing power from the phone?

    Better active noise cancelling? Better than Bose's? Better than passive noise isolation which, unlike the active one, does not require power and does not distort sounds in any way?

    Like I said, floppy disks and lan ports were removed because there was a better alternative. I still have to understand how and why lightning would be any better.

    I do, however, see lots of downsides: the adapter adds bulk, defying the point about a thinner point, and is easy to lose; you cannot charge and listen to music at the same time; you cannot listen to any media stored on an OTG device; using the same headphones on other devices becomes harder (yes, there's an adapter, but how many people will forget to carry it around when they need it?). Forget Android, this means incompatibility even with many Macs! Ah, yes, the future, the innovation... even if it is unclear what advantages this innovation brings!


    Apple did this because it wanted to push users towards using lightning headphones, because they get a cut on every lightning device sold, while they do not get a cent on non-lightning headphones. You may say you are fine with it, that this is not a disadvantage for how you use your phone, or that the iphone has other pros which outweigh this con - that's fine, of course, it's a subjective opinion, to each his/her own. What is totally flawed, though, is that this was because of 'innovation'.
    Apple is first and foremost, a business, and we are the consumers. A business will always do what's in its own best interest while balancing the appeal of their products and services to the consumers, as a whole. Every business knows that it will NEVER please EVERYONE so it weighs what would please or affect MOST. The removal of the earphone jack will not have a negative affect on MOST.
    Ariza16 likes this.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The "Are Beats Worth it?" Thread
    By AustinIllini in forum Beats Headphones
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 10:07 PM
  2. no display
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 09:23 AM
  3. Artist Master - a studio simulator game with pixel art
    By yakooki in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 06:06 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 01:11 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions