Black or Jet Black?

vlotty

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Matte black for sure! The jet black will be finger print magnet and scratches. Most people are going to put in case anyway. Also, to mention the jet black will probably be slippery as well.

Daringfireball indicates the jet black is grippy.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered black because apple website warns about scratching potential for Jet black.
8a98d43ae08230260377b5a8846383dc.jpg

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Went with Matte Black, same reason as many.. #1 Fingerprints (even if you use a case the front edges) #2 Scratches.

Ordered last night about 1am from Apple's site for AT&T
iPhone 7 128GB Black (GSM) AT&T Delivers: Sep 16 by Standard Shipping

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Jet black. I don't really care if it gets scratched up but i baby it anyways. Matte is too slippery. Hopefully can go caseless. If not, a speck grip black is in my future.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Jet black. I don't really care if it gets scratched up but i baby it anyways. Matte is too slippery. Hopefully can go caseless. If not, a speck grip black is in my future.

I can't go w/o a case. Would drive my OCD self nuts! That being said I love the Speck grip cases! Can't go wrong. I have them on my 6 now. Oddly though when checking out last night I got the iPhone 7 black leather case. I had one for my 5s and I sorta miss it.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

IMHO the Jet Black back will be way more slippery than than the Matte Black back, again just my opinion.

sk84gr8ness

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I would say that your concerns are right on point. Before you buy (if you can wait that long) is to see if the might have the jet black phone in the store For you to play around with.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would say that your concerns are right on point. Before you buy (if you can wait that long) is to see if the might have the jet black phone in the store For you to play around with.

Personally (just me) I don't care if Jet Black or Matte Black, I am just tired a white phone face. I keep a case on it 24/7. Just wanted the white gone.. LOL

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Matte black for sure! The jet black will be finger print magnet and scratches. Most people are going to put in case anyway. Also, to mention the jet black will probably be slippery as well.

I read in one of the articles, I believe by Renee, that the Jet Black has more grip than the other colors. They have the same finish as the 6/6S, which in my opinion, is very slippery.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I was all ready to order jet black, but when 3 am EST came around I decided last minute to order the matte black instead. I just know that scratches would drive me mental and I know that I would eventually scratch the frame around the lightening port from charging.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I read in one of the articles, I believe by Renee, that the Jet Black has more grip than the other colors. They have the same finish as the 6/6S, which in my opinion, is very slippery.

Just to piggyback off this, here's the excerpt and the article:

Except for the jet black iPhone 7. You'll still want to get a case to avoid scuffs, but the finish is so polished it's actually far less slippery than any other metal iPhone. It's almost... sticky.

What color iPhone 7 should you get: Silver, gold, rose gold, black, or jet black? | iMore

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Simple question, but am wondering what your choice would be. For me it has to be one of the two, but am concerned with scratches and smudging on the Jet Black...
I'm the exact same way! It looks sooooooooo pretty but I'm just worried about scratches and fingerprints. And i doing like putting cases on my phones lol

Jiggar101

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I obviously haven't seen in real life. But I would assume the Jet Black, because of its shine finish would be susceptible to fingerprint smudges. Which drive me nuts. If I could afford it, I would get the matte black.

dd0723

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Simple question, but am wondering what your choice would be. For me it has to be one of the two, but am concerned with scratches and smudging on the Jet Black...

I'm thinking of going with the black only because I might scratch the jet black too much. I always use a case with all my phones but now and then I like to live on the edge and take it out naked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2