Black or Jet Black?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question, but am wondering what your choice would be. For me it has to be one of the two, but am concerned with scratches and smudging on the Jet Black...

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Simple question, but am wondering what your choice would be. For me it has to be one of the two, but am concerned with scratches and smudging on the Jet Black...

After once again, watching the Apple launch event, Apple have convinced me that they deserve $600 of my money lol. Just when you think, ah my iPhone 6s is perfect. they bring out something new and fantastic and we once again scratching through our pockets for money.

For me, the 'Jet Back' is a definite winner. i personally would go for other colours, but from those 2 options. thats what i would choose.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Matte Black. Not a fan of the glossy finish on the Jet black at all. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person but probably not.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Right now, leaning toward jet black but may change my mind by the time preorder opens.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Honestly the best thing you can do before you buy one of these is going to an Apple Store and play with it. If the jet black color scratches? For now this is all rumors! You'll never know. Go to a store and see. Maybe it has a different type of aluminum you know. So go to a store, put the matte black and the jet side by side and when you do that you will be certainly sure of what type catched more your attention. I'm not going to tell what color to buy. If you were think to buy a silver, gold or rose gold color I would probably give you an advice because it has the same colors of the 6s line. Those are new colors and you have to see it in person.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Honestly the best thing you can do before you buy one of these is going to an Apple Store and play with it. If the jet black color scratches? For now this is all rumors! You'll never know. Go to a store and see. Maybe it has a different type of aluminum you know. So go to a store, put the matte black and the jet side by side and when you do that you will be certainly sure of what type catched more your attention. I'm not going to tell what color to buy. If you were think to buy a silver, gold or rose gold color I would probably give you an advice because it has the same colors of the 6s line. Those are new colors and you have to see it in person.

The apple website warns of scratches on the jet black. No rumors there.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the consensus is matte black! That said, I'll probably go to the store to check 'em out ... unless I can get an earlier look :)

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Matte black for sure! The jet black will be finger print magnet and scratches. Most people are going to put in case anyway. Also, to mention the jet black will probably be slippery as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73