I ordered the Jet Black color as it has to be much more grippy than the matte ones and a really totally new option, matte still is matte and still looks a lot like the old generations. And matte colors are so slippery. Still don't want to use a case all the time like with my 6S Plus. In most tests now Jet Black seems to be drawn to micro scratches but many of the reviewers later mentioned they expected it to scratch much more after first impressions and it still seems pretty sturdy if you don't use it as a hammer or a ball etc...

Even the S7 Edge with its glass back is way less slippery than the iPhones, at least the 6S Plus, maybe also because of it's size. So again, for me it's Jet Black all the way.
    09-22-2016 08:11 AM
    I went with the matte black after seeing and holding the jet black in person. Looking somewhat "plasticy" to me. And then after seeing the matte black I knew that's what I wanted. Wasn't sure it was going to be as dark as it was but was pleasantly surprised
    09-22-2016 08:32 AM
    Wound up cancelling my jet black order and went with matte black after seeing how easily the phone can get scratched and nicked. It would bug me to see those imperfections. My watch has a nick on it and I always notice it.
    09-22-2016 10:54 AM
    I think it'd drive me crazy too. I mean, I'd love the look of the Jet Black, but I know I'd be constantly cleaning and polishing it lol
    tech_fan likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:03 AM
    I went with the matte black after seeing and holding the jet black in person. Looking somewhat "plasticy" to me. And then after seeing the matte black I knew that's what I wanted. Wasn't sure it was going to be as dark as it was but was pleasantly surprised
    I felt this same way. I wanted jet black until I saw it in person. It looked plastic and not like the polished glass that it kinda looked like it might be in pictures.

It definitely is less slippery.
    09-22-2016 08:47 PM
    I bought a 128 GB Matte Black iPhone 7. It looks even better in person than the photos.
    09-24-2016 09:24 PM
    I bought a 128 GB Matte Black iPhone 7. It looks even better in person than the photos.
    Good call. The matte black is really sharp. Love it!
    09-24-2016 09:28 PM
    Another vote for sanity. Matte black!

Swapped my silver 7 Plus out for a matte black 7 Plus today. It's really sharp looking. I love how the antenna lines blend right in. Ow.
    09-24-2016 09:33 PM
    Matte Black was the only choice for me ... even though I had to already replace it
    09-25-2016 12:17 PM
    I went matte black, best decision. Specially considering the antenna bands are basically invisible. They can see them more on the Jetblack.
    09-25-2016 01:29 PM
    Between those two, I would definitely go for the regular black version. I don't like the jet black at all - not a fan of the glossy look.
    09-25-2016 02:35 PM
    I really like the looks of the jet black but I will get the matte black. I can't stand micro scratches and a greasy phone. But it looks good when it's clean
    09-25-2016 02:41 PM
    I was so set on the jet black but went with Matte black instead because constantly changing cases on the jet black will leave scuff marks. I'm actually a lot more relieved I went with matte black instead and I have no regrets.
    09-26-2016 08:13 AM
    Jet Black, it's matchless.
    mikepas and newsman787 like this.
    10-06-2016 03:06 PM
    I started with matte and switched to jet once it became available in stores. I like jet so much more!
    mikepas and Spencerdl like this.
    10-06-2016 04:56 PM
    Jet Black is so grippy, OMG. No comparison to the matt 6/6S Plus I had before and matt black is even more slippery from what I've read. Again, I "only" have an iPhone 7. With a 7 Plus, using it without a case jet black would be the only way to go because of size and handling.

2 weeks now and a thin line of micro scratches way from the beginning in the corners and now a mini scratch. But you don't see it in normal life, only when putting the device against the light, and even then only in the sun or bright light.

Very happy. But also read that Apple has several manufacturer producing the housing of at least the Jet Black version. So maybe there is also a need of luck of which Jet Black you get.
    10-07-2016 03:05 AM
    I find it doesn't get as fingerprinted or scratch as easily as others are implying. I haven't polished mine, and I'm running case less and throwing it in my purse and there's no marks. Nothing.

I love the feel of the phone so much more than the matte backed one - even my Rose Gold 6S Plus which I adore isn't as nice feeling as the jet.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-07-2016 10:39 AM
    I find it doesn't get as fingerprinted or scratch as easily as others are implying. I haven't polished mine, and I'm running case less and throwing it in my purse and there's no marks. Nothing.

I love the feel of the phone so much more than the matte backed one - even my Rose Gold 6S Plus which I adore isn't as nice feeling as the jet.
    I agree. And if peoples screen get a finger print, no big deal. If the back of your phone gets a finger print it's panic time. I don't get it. Most people who knock the phone don't even have it.
    10-07-2016 11:12 AM
    Simply put, the Matte Black is gorgeous. When the iPhone 7 was first announced I thought I was sold on the Jet Black. Waited up all night on pre-order day to pre-order the Jet Black (the site ended up not working so I didn't finalize it until the following morning). I then jumped online all excited to see what everyone was saying about the Jet Black.

Then it happened...I started seeing more pictures of the Matte Black. I started panicking. Second guessing my choice. Wondering how badly I would mess up the order process if I changed. Sweats. Waking up in the middle of the night full of anxiety. Getting sick at work.

I couldn't take it.

I knew what I had to do. I cancelled my Jet Black order and ordered the Matte Black. When my phone arrived it was love at first sight. I knew I made the right choice.

The Matte Black...quite simply...is astonishing.
    Once you got Matte...well...you know the rest.
    10-07-2016 11:21 AM
    Jet Black was still available when I did my pre-order, but only in 256. I wound up getting the Matte Black in 128. I am just not a person who can deal with finger prints and/or scratches. Not even one. If there was a scratch that I could only see in the right light, and it was the size of an eyelash I would be upset. So Jet was OUT. The Matte Black looks sleek, industrial, modern, edgy.. so it was the best choice. I love it with the Apple black leather case. Just a nice flat black look and feel. Just my 2-cents.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    10-07-2016 11:31 AM
    Simply put, the Matte Black is gorgeous. When the iPhone 7 was first announced I thought I was sold on the Jet Black. Waited up all night on pre-order day to pre-order the Jet Black (the site ended up not working so I didn't finalize it until the following morning). I then jumped online all excited to see what everyone was saying about the Jet Black.

Then it happened...I started seeing more pictures of the Matte Black. I started panicking. Second guessing my choice. Wondering how badly I would mess up the order process if I changed. Sweats. Waking up in the middle of the night full of anxiety. Getting sick at work.

I couldn't take it.

I knew what I had to do. I cancelled my Jet Black order and ordered the Matte Black. When my phone arrived it was love at first sight. I knew I made the right choice.

The Matte Black...quite simply...is astonishing.
    Once you got Matte...well...you know the rest.
    Yep, the (Matte) Black color is beautiful. I looked briefly at the Jet Black but, to me it made the phone look like a iPhone 3/3s or 5c. I knew that I would be using a black Apple Leather case anyway so the choice was a no brainer anyway.
    metalchick719, Quis89 and Airsloth like this.
    10-07-2016 02:08 PM
    I went in to the T-Mobile store the other day intending to get the matt black iPhone 7 but all they had in that trim were 32GB phones and I wanted 128GB. Oddly enough the only 128GB iPhone 7's they had in stock were Jet Black and I'm impatient and got it.

Best. Decision. Ever!

I love the Jet Black. The look and feel are spot on for me.
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    11-27-2016 07:55 PM
    Simple question, but am wondering what your choice would be. For me it has to be one of the two, but am concerned with scratches and smudging on the Jet Black...
    I went with the Jet black.
    11-27-2016 09:13 PM
    J Black
    11-30-2016 03:04 PM
    I opted for Matte black. I just don't like the Jet Black finish at all. I didn't like it on my 2/3/3GS either, so why put myself through the torture again. Whilst my 7 plus will be cased, i'll know which phone I bought and the Jet Black just would not make me happy.
    Jet black looks great but if it scratches to easily and your putting it on a case whats the point of having it? I feel the same about glass smartphones, its just stupid to have something that will break when dropped.
    11-30-2016 04:01 PM
125 ... 2345