Will it be another full year before the iPhone 8 drops?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok...found out that I'm two payments away on my 6s from being upgrade eligible to get the iPhone 7 or 7+. That was good news, since I can pay that up in the two weeks before the iPhone will be available at my local VZW store.

The upgrade from the 6s to the 7 is not as drastic as it was from the 5 to the 6, or even the 6 to the 6s was...and given that Apple isn't making any drastic changes in the iPhone hardware design until 2017 when the "8" (or whatever name Apple gives it) drops...I am questioning my upgrade at this juncture at all.

Do any of you think it will be a full year from now before Apple will drop the "8"...or will it be sooner? I ask that dumb question because I certainly would want to upgrade then!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok...found out that I'm two payments away on my 6s from being upgrade eligible to get the iPhone 7 or 7+. That was good news, since I can pay that up in the two weeks before the iPhone will be available at my local VZW store.

The upgrade from the 6s to the 7 is not as drastic as it was from the 5 to the 6, or even the 6 to the 6s was...and given that Apple isn't making any drastic changes in the iPhone hardware design until 2017 when the "8" (or whatever name Apple gives it) drops...I am questioning my upgrade at this juncture at all.

Do any of you think it will be a full year from now before Apple will drop the "8"...or will it be sooner? I ask that dumb question because I certainly would want to upgrade then!

Apple seems very rigid about their iPhone upgrade cycles. They even have their 1 year iPhone upgrade program. So you can get a new iPhone every year. So there is a 95%+ chance all iPhones in the future will be almost exactly 1 year apart :)

Don't worry about whats coming up next. Enjoy your new iPhone now ^_^

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I don't think they will launch another before September next year.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
It will be 2 years before the 8 using the current update cycle. the 7s will be out first....that will be my next phone as I am on a two year upgrade cycle....and recently got the 6s, which I love.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It will be 2 years before the 8 using the current update cycle. the 7s will be out first....that will be my next phone as I am on a two year upgrade cycle....and recently got the 6s, which I love.

Rumor has it there will be no S cycle this time around as the 7 is basically a 6ss so I'm betting on an iPhone 8 next year

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Rumor has it there will be no S cycle this time around as the 7 is basically a 6ss so I'm betting on an iPhone 8 next year

This. Remember that news dropping back in March when the Galaxy S7's & iPhone SE were being announced & were in the media. They were leaning heavily on the full resign coming in September 2017.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It will be 2 years before the 8 using the current update cycle. the 7s will be out first....that will be my next phone as I am on a two-year upgrade cycle....and recently got the 6s, which I love.
There is a lot of speculation that next year will see a full version upgrade for the 10th anniversary, maybe to the iPhone 10 (wouldn't be the first time version numbers were skipped).

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I don't think they are going to announce an iPhone 7s next year. They are going to skip that part and launch the 8 right away. The cannot stand with the same design along 4 years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro