What is this?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
lol. I was just trying to point out the fact that in trying to make the iPhone simple, it just made it complicated by removing a universal standard and requiring a person to have an adapter on hand.

Everyone has there own opinions but nobody want to respect them. This is a place where you should be able to voice them without everyone jumping down your throat. Some people don't mind what  did and some people do. The thing is that it's done and over with. Either get use to it or find another solution but it's not going to change.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That requirement is non-existent for people with lightning enabled headphones.
Only people who wish to hold on to their 3.5mm jack headphones need to carry that adapter, which they can simply keep attached to it as mentioned a few dozen times in this thread.

Then there's charging and listening at the same time. In a year or two, lightning will be obsolete and those headphones will be rendered useless. Unless people want to go out and buy more adapters when the time comes.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has there own opinions but nobody want to respect them. This is a place where you should be able to voice them without everyone jumping down your throat. Some people don't mind what  did and some people do. The thing is that it's done and over with. Either get use to it or find another solution but it's not going to change.

OP3 here I come :D

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Then there's charging and listening at the same time. In a year or two, lightning will be obsolete and those headphones will be rendered useless. Unless people want to go out and buy more adapters when the time comes.

Frankly, I don't care about others. In my use case I'll have plenty time to listen to music and charge when I need it.
I carry a external battery with me at all times. If I don't listen to music and am in need of recharging, I can do that while I'm on the go and up and about.

A billion dollar company like  will not have chosen to remove the jack overnight without decent study.

I get that it can be frustrating at times, but it's not something you can't overcome.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Check this out. Apple Plug Got a good chuckle out of that one.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was originally going to wait for the Pixel XL, but its going to be ~ $600 for the same specs.

Just wait untill spring 2017 and get it for $399 ... that's what I did with the Nexus 6p. In my opinion smartphone tech. is kind of peaking making it easier and easier to wait for "the deals" to come around, or possibly pick it up used ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods