What is this?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I bet when Apple moved the power button from the top to the side, and iOS7's "flat" design really rocked your world too ...
Point being ... Apple's still here and so are you ...

The power button was MOVED not REMOVED. Try reaching the top of your ~ 5" phone to turn it off... Kinda hard isn't it? Moving it to the side made it more accessible. iOS 7 was a cool update that just changed the way things looked and actually made iOS more useful. I was talking about the headphone port, not Apple's past decisions. I actually supported those decisions since they were actually good.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Its not simple when you have to carry another adapter around with you.

It is... as everyone has said, and I have posted in other forums.. just clip it to your wired headset and leave it there. They're only $9, so if you have two main devices that use the old port, you're out $9, since one comes with the phone. I have about a dozen headsets everywhere. I have two Bose that I use a lot, one on my desk at home, one on my desk at work. I will spend the $9. When they switched from the 30-pin to the Lightning I had to spend like $100 to get a bunch of new cables. That was a bigger deal.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, Apple is probably going to release a version of the SE with a headphone jack.

People will start complaining about that too. Then they will say they got used to the idea of no jack and bigger battery and better camera or Taptic Engine.

What I mean to say is: if you wanna complain you can complain about anything.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
People will start complaining about that too. Then they will say they got used to the idea of no jack and bigger battery and better camera or Taptic Engine.

What I mean to say is: if you wanna complain you can complain about anything.

Next iPhone better be able to .. clean my house .... or I will start a major rant! May as well get ahead of the curve!! But after these self driving cars keep crashing.. maybe having the phone clean my house is not such a good idea.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Next iPhone better be able to .. clean my house .... or I will start a major rant! May as well get ahead of the curve!! But after these self driving cars keep crashing.. maybe having the phone clean my house is not such a good idea.

I want George Clooney to be included in my iPhone 10 Nespresso edition.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I want George Clooney to be included in my iPhone 10 Nespresso edition.

iPhone 10 Nespresso edition = Now you're thinking!!! Coffee making iPhone... think of what I can save from not having to hit Starbucks. Come to think of it, if I stop buying Starbucks, my phone is paid off..

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There has NEVER been a release in my mind where someone did not find something to B**** about... from Bendgate to changing charging methods to this. Each release someone will complain and start something on why Apple is evil and screwing over their customers. Yet, phone = sold out (basically).. If/when the 8 comes out.. and it's (hopefully) radically different, we will hear about that. Why mess with a good phone, the 6 / 7 design was perfect, damn you apple, why are you doing this to us.. No matter how much good stuff happens, people will find the one item they don't like and drive as many nails into the coffin as possible. Just human nature I guess?
Of course. Even if the headphone jack was there, people would still complain about:

-Fast charging
-Wireless charging
-display resolution
-design
-price

Etc... Can't please everyone.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you're already carrying the wired headphones, leaving the adapter on the end of the wire is negligible...

I'm just waiting for a bunch of people to forget their adapters or their headphones some place just to show how complicated this can make things. If Apple was going for simple then adding the need for a new adapter wasn't a step in the right direction.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course. Even if the headphone jack was there, people would still complain about:

-Fast charging
-Wireless charging
-display resolution
-design
-price

Etc... Can't please everyone.

Display resolution is negligible. There are plenty of phones out there with 1080p displays that look good.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
"We've heard your complaints and are planning to release a update to the SE lineup. It will cost $100 more than the iPhone 7 because headphone jacks aren't cheap. Also, its a 4" display..."

Apparently you know nothing about Apple, their visionary and revolutionary point of view regarding running a business.

The next SE, if there is gonna be one at that though, will be jack-less, pumped full with iPhone 7 specs and will cost almost the same as the first gen SE.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apparently you know nothing about Apple, their visionary and revolutionary point of view regarding running a business.

The next SE, if there is gonna be one at that though, will be jack-less, pumped full with iPhone 7 specs and will cost almost the same as the first gen SE.

:/ What happened to everyone's sense of humor? It was obvious sarcasm...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think this thread has went a little to the left, a couple of people has put feeling into it and that's not what it was meant for.

lol. I was just trying to point out the fact that in trying to make the iPhone simple, it just made it complicated by removing a universal standard and requiring a person to have an adapter on hand.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
lol. I was just trying to point out the fact that in trying to make the iPhone simple, it just made it complicated by removing a universal standard and requiring a person to have an adapter on hand.

That requirement is non-existent for people with lightning enabled headphones.
Only people who wish to hold on to their 3.5mm jack headphones need to carry that adapter, which they can simply keep attached to it as mentioned a few dozen times in this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR