You're losing a function of the phone for an irrelevant "stereo" sound effect that you can get with a decent pair of headphones.
    Analogue is pass, Digital is the future and with Apple, the future is now.
    09-07-2016 08:01 PM
    Why wouldn't you keep the adapter attached to your headphones?? That way you won't forget it whenever you take the headphones with you.
    It's an unnecessary inconvenience. You can still lose the adapter or break it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:02 PM
    I for one want to know why they removed it. It's the same thickness as the iPhone 6S and my iPhone 6 is still thinner. What did they fit into that same space?
    For starters, they added a second speaker and a larger camera sensor (iPhone 7) or second camera sensor (iPhone 7 Plus). They also added a second microprocessor. I'm sure those had something to do with it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:03 PM
    It's an unnecessary inconvenience. You can still lose the adapter or break it.
    Then tape it to your current headphones. The adapter is so small, I doubt you will break it easily.
    09-07-2016 08:03 PM
    I have a 2-years old iPhone 6 Plus. Its phones are still intact, sealed, in its box. Now figure out how much do I care about removing of the 3,5mm jacket. I use only BT phones for at least 3 years now.

Cheers,
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:10 PM
    A better Taptic Engine, an integrated Home Button, a bigger battery, better ISP, better Camera.

Shall I continue?
    Greater speeds don't mean anything when the max LTE speeds are around 50mbps. The battery is still almost exactly the same as it was 2 years ago. The camera could've been improved without removing the headphone jack. You'd rather have an integrated home button over the basic feature of being able to charge your phone and listen to music at the same time? This whole "Apple is changing the standard nonsense is still not making sense to me." Only Apple uses the lightning connector, USB C would've made more sense, but why do that when you can charge for $9 lightning adapters that are bound to get lost or broken.
    09-07-2016 08:53 PM
    Analogue is pass, Digital is the future and with Apple, the future is now.
    Well then why didn't Apple include the new Airpods in the case if they are trying to push this wireless and digital ideology? Probably only costs them a few dollars to make and then slap that $100 for the brand name. smh
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:56 PM
    I'm not saying that this might not be the future, but it's ridiculous to just keep accepting this nonsense without questioning the practicality of it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:57 PM
    I have a 2-years old iPhone 6 Plus. Its phones are still intact, sealed, in its box. Now figure out how much do I care about removing of the 3,5mm jacket. I use only BT phones for at least 3 years now.

Cheers,
    You see most people are still using the headphone jack since it's more practical and easier to just plug and play instead of charge and then use them for a while and having to the charge the headphones again.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:59 PM
    Greater speeds don't mean anything when the max LTE speeds are around 50mbps.
    Max LTE speed is 120/50mbps for me down/up.
    The battery is still almost exactly the same as it was 2 years ago.
    Battery is bigger, 2 hours more on the 7 and 1 hour on the plus
    The camera could've been improved without removing the headphone jack.
    I'm not really convinced that would have been the case
    You'd rather have an integrated home button over the basic feature of being able to charge your phone and listen to music at the same time?
    Yes, because in doing so, Apple made their newest iPhone water resistant. I really needed that on my iPhone 5s 6 weeks ago.
    This whole "Apple is changing the standard nonsense is still not making sense to me." Only Apple uses the lightning connector, USB C would've made more sense, but why do that when you can charge for $9 lightning adapters that are bound to get lost or broken.
    Then don't break or lose it. You can even lose your phone, which doesn't stop Apple producing it. Apple is still innovative in more areas than other smartphone manufacturers, lets not forget that.
    09-07-2016 09:02 PM
    Well then why didn't Apple include the new Airpods in the case if they are trying to push this wireless and digital ideology? Probably only costs them a few dollars to make and then slap that $100 for the brand name. smh
    The lightning Earpods are connected thru lightning, thus using digital instead of analogue connection.
    09-07-2016 09:04 PM

Yes, because in doing so, Apple made their newest iPhone water resistant. I really needed that on my iPhone 5s 6 weeks ago.

Then don't break or lose it. You can even lose your phone, which doesn't stop Apple producing it. Apple is still innovative in more areas than other smartphone manufacturers, lets not forget that.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:05 PM
    Some android folks tried to be funny. Am I supposed to hate Apple now?
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-07-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    09-07-2016 09:08 PM
    The good news is you don't have to buy it. The 100 year old 3.5mm jack needs to be retired. Apple just has the guts to pull the trigger. Other manufacturers will eventually follow suit.
    It's been done before. The HP Veer had no jacks with a magnetic connector that allowed either the 3.5mm adapter or charging. But the Veer also had wireless inductive charging so you could use your nice pair of cans while charging.
    Is there an adapter that allows charging while providing 3.5 for the new iPhones?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:09 PM

I was mistaken, but you're never getting close to the advertised speed. Battery bigger than what? The iPhone 6S? That had a smaller battery than the 6? Lots of phones have cameras as good as the iPhone's without needing that much space. Its a water resistance standard (IP67) that's been in other phones since at least 2013.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:10 PM
    Does anybody know what DAC the iPhone 7 is using? I supposed now that the speakers produce stereo sound they must have added a much better one. The adapter for the audio port doesn't bother me much as I rarely have my headphones plugged in to my phone to listen to music while it's charging.
    09-07-2016 09:12 PM
    I was mistaken, but you're never getting close to the advertised speed. Battery bigger than what? The iPhone 6S? That had a smaller battery than the 6? Lots of phones have cameras as good as the iPhone's without needing that much space. Its a water resistance standard (IP67) that's been in other phones since at least 2013.
    Those 'lots of phones' are no iPhone. That makes your statement completely invalid for me.
    Like others have already said in other threads, Apple was the first major manufacturer to drop the floppy disk. Didn't do them no harm!
    09-07-2016 09:14 PM
    I just ask myself if will be so much complaining when Samsung do the same on S8... All years is the same. A lot of complaining, a lot of cry, but Apple still sell lots of gadgets and all other manufacturers still emule it. Always the same...

Cheers,
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:22 PM
    Those 'lots of phones' are no iPhone. That makes your statement completely invalid for me.
    Like others have already said in other threads, Apple was the first major manufacturer to drop the floppy disk. Didn't do them no harm!
    ... This is completely different. If they dropped the 3.5 mil jack for a digital one, that would make sense, but they removed it all together. Floppy disk limited the ability and capacity of those computers. Like I said before, when Apple switched to lightning, they just made the port smaller, they didn't remove charging. I don't see how they couldn't have used something that was smaller instead of getting rid of it completely and then having to provide a lazy solution.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:34 PM
    I just ask myself if will be so much complaining when Samsung do the same on S8... All years is the same. A lot of complaining, a lot of cry, but Apple still sell lots of gadgets and all other manufacturers still emule it. Always the same...

Cheers,
    Well I'm pretty sure that even many Android users know that Samsung also advertises a lot of BS and that their phones are overpriced well over their production cost, just like Apple devices. I don't know why people think that just because one company is doing it then its good for another to do the same. Its not an Apple v Samsung war, there are other fish in the sea. Still, I want Apple to get USB and quick charging as well as a larger battery life. Samsung maybe showing off the "same" features every year, but at least that "same" is better than the battery life and charging on iPhone.

Cheers,
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:37 PM
    I'm not trying to start fights or anything, but I can't understand how people are just eating this up...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:41 PM
    At the end of the day, you don't have to buy it. The phones come with headphones with a lightning connection to the phone. Need to connect an aux?! Get the adapter. And let's be honest, if you want to charge while listening to music, how "slow" does it charge?! Sure I saw some things I didnt like, but everything has a solution. As always. Bring on the iPhone 7 Plus
    09-07-2016 09:41 PM

Cheers,
    Not to mention the higher resolution displays that they always seem to be having on their devices every year.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:43 PM
    On a level I understand your feelings, I really do. But so far iPhones have given me user experience other phones couldn't give. That being said, I'm pretty sure Apple will come up with a way to keep pleasing their customers.
    And I'm out of this conversation. I'm in no capacity to defend Apple any further than I already tried to do. Their reasons are theirs until they disclose it in the near future.
    09-07-2016 09:44 PM
    At the end of the day, you don't have to buy it. The phones come with headphones with a lightning connection to the phone. Need to connect an aux?! Get the adapter. And let's be honest, if you want to charge while listening to music, how "slow" does it charge?! Sure I saw some things I didnt like, but everything has a solution. As always. Bring on the iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm not buying it, I never was when I turned my phone on to find out what unfolded at the keynote. But its been 2 years and the best Apple could do was a slightly bigger battery, something they reduced last year, and removing the headphone jack? No better display, faster charging or anything? I was actually looking forward to seeing if Apple was releasing a good phone this year. But you know, look at this really cool integrated home button that really does nothing for you.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:46 PM
152 1234 ...