"Piano Black" material?

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If this rumored "Piano Black" iPhone 7 is real, I wonder what material it will be made with? Glass? Surely not plastic. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that color option, but that's just me. I do love the "space black" mockups though. Never really been a fan of "space gray".

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure on this side either. Really intrigued to see what it looks though.

BTW, I see you're rather new to iMore - welcome! Great to have you here!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would welcome a "Piano Black". Basically the same as the front borders of the Space Gray iPhone...Shinny Black is still okay with me

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Since Apple keeps everything standard, it would be heavily anodized aluminum, unless all the phones gets a glass back again, though I doubt it. Still excited to see if it's real.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I imagine it'll be more of an anodized or "matte" look to the Piano Black, rather than a glossy look. I recently handled a Samsung Galaxy s6 with a glossy back cover...and it was the ultimate fingerprint/smudge magnet. I hope Apple takes note.

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The jet black looks great, and I had my mind made up... until I heard how prone to scratching and scuffing it would be.

Meh. I'll stick with black.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Jet Black probably looks the best, but will take the most care :) I don't want to have to be so careful (or put a case on) my phone, so I'll probably go with the matte option!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods