Hi, I sold my note 5 about a month ago and was looking to upgrade to the iphone 7. When I buy a new phone I normally keep the phone for about 8 months until the new one comes out (the following september). However, a lot of people and articles on the internet are saying to 'get the iPhone 8 if you want big changes'. Now I'm confused. I need a good new flagship phone. Should I get the iphone 7 or wait for the iphone 8?
    09-04-2016 06:24 AM
    Based on what you have posted (and your history of how you "keep a phone"), get the iPhone 7 now (when it is released) and then get the iPhone 8 next year when it is released.

Each one will be the "flagship" phone. (Although I have never understood why that is important.)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:45 AM
    The 7 will be launched in the coming weeks. If you wait for the 8, you are looking at over a year before it comes out.

Since you only keep a phone for 8 or so months, you might as well get the 7 now and by the time you are ready to upgrade, the 8 will be out in a few months.

Not sure if you have ever owned iPhone before. Unlike android where new phones are launching all of the time, we are relegated to a yearly upgrade cycle.
    09-04-2016 08:25 AM

Each one will be the "flagship" phone. (Although I have never understood why that is important.)
    Same here. If I want it, I'll get it, whether it's a flagship device or not...
    firstborn80 likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:27 AM
    Until the iPhone 6 I bounced from phone to phone nonstop. I sold my 6 to get the 6 Plus after just 3 months but I have been very happy with my 6 Plus so I just stuck with it. Now however I'm ready to upgrade and I. CANNOT. FLIPPIN'. WAIT!!! And I think it's made worse by my getting an iPad Pro 9.7 because now I am catching little tiny glimpses of what the iPhone 7 might do especially with respect to the pencil.

Sooooooo I'm sitting on hot coals now. I don't think I'll do the camp out this year though, but I'll be ordering at 1 second past midnight and stalking the delivery guy like a bear on the prowl, lol.

And so it begins. Again.
    chrisforpm and DarlaMack like this.
    09-04-2016 10:23 AM
    I wouldn't listen to the internet over the 2018 phone. It may or may not be this huge sea-changing machine. If you upgrade regularly, get the 7 and plan on the 7s next year. Or if you like fires, buy the note 7!
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-04-2016 11:19 AM
    The 7 will be launched in the coming weeks. If you wait for the 8, you are looking at over a year before it comes out.

Since you only keep a phone for 8 or so months, you might as well get the 7 now and by the time you are ready to upgrade, the 8 will be out in a few months.

Not sure if you have ever owned iPhone before. Unlike android where new phones are launching all of the time, we are relegated to a yearly upgrade cycle.
    I did have the iphone 6 plus before my note 5.
    09-04-2016 01:37 PM
    Until the iPhone 6 I bounced from phone to phone nonstop. I sold my 6 to get the 6 Plus after just 3 months but I have been very happy with my 6 Plus so I just stuck with it. Now however I'm ready to upgrade and I. CANNOT. FLIPPIN'. WAIT!!! And I think it's made worse by my getting an iPad Pro 9.7 because now I am catching little tiny glimpses of what the iPhone 7 might do especially with respect to the pencil.

Sooooooo I'm sitting on hot coals now. I don't think I'll do the camp out this year though, but I'll be ordering at 1 second past midnight and stalking the delivery guy like a bear on the prowl, lol.

And so it begins. Again.
    Lol your comment had me cracking up laughing because I honestly feel the same way!!!
    09-04-2016 11:28 PM
    I will wait for the iPhone 8 because the iPhone 7 do not offer much changes.
    09-05-2016 03:12 AM
    If you just sold your Note 5, buy the iPhone 7. And according to you, you upgrade your phone every eight months. You buy the iPhone 7 now and then get the iPhone 8. I currently have a 6s plus and I'm not gonna upgrade for the 7. Maybe the 8 because I want a whole new design. So I recommend you to do it. But the iPhone 7 now and then the 8.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 09-05-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    09-05-2016 04:21 AM
    If you are willing to wait for the iPhone 7s or iPhone 8. Then wait. Obviously it will be in some shape or form better than the previous version. But, the iPhone 7 or iPhone 6SE looks to be a solid device and would be well worth it.
    09-05-2016 11:06 AM
    Is it worth it to upgrade for 6s to 7 or should I just wait a couple of years. I just upgraded from iPhone 5.
    09-05-2016 01:46 PM
    Get the iPhone 7 now, and the 8 next year.
    09-05-2016 02:46 PM
    I think the new iPhone will be more of the same and a big disappointment
    09-05-2016 07:57 PM
    Maybe they are going to offer changes inside. Not much outside on a brand new design. But let's see
    09-06-2016 05:57 AM
    I recommend you to wait. Maybe the 8 but not the 7. You already have a 6s so it's worthless "upgrading" to the iPhone 7.
    09-06-2016 06:04 AM
    One good thing for me if I choose to do the 6s Plus my case will still work, not so if I get the 7 Plus. The camera assembly on the back of the phone would instantly make most cases currently on the market obsolete for the iPhone 7 Plus.
    09-06-2016 07:29 AM
    I recommend you to wait. Maybe the 8 but not the 7. You already have a 6s so it's worthless "upgrading" to the iPhone 7.
    I never had the 6s? I had the 6 plus, then note 5. I have sold my note 5 about a month ago
    09-06-2016 12:09 PM
    I never had the 6s? I had the 6 plus, then note 5. I have sold my note 5 about a month ago
    Oh I'm sorry. It was a reply for another user. I don't think the "reply" button is working that well. But sorry bout that.
    09-06-2016 01:36 PM