Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By salscott
  • 1 Post By fightcrazy
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Switching carriers with the iPhone 7?

Is anyone switching carriers with the iPhone 7? Me and my dad are debating (mainly me because my dad doesn't care) switching phone carriers to Verizon when this new iPhone comes out. We currently have T-mobile and it sorta sucks. Sometimes the data doesn't work and when my high school went to the state championship game, I was driving in the middle of nowhere and the phone cut out and I had no service. When my dad travels to Springfield Illinois from Chicago he has almost no service or multiple dropped calls. Around here in the city of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs the service is pretty good. And I was thinking of buying myself an iPad Pro and I liked tmobiles data plans for iPads. I just wanted to know some other opinions on whether we should stay or jump ship?

Default Re: Switching carriers with the iPhone 7?

Totally up to you! If the price difference isn't too bad and you are getting service where you need it (and didn't have it before) then it's probably worth it

You can port your current number to Verizon quite easily. We did it from ATT with the iPhone 5 (ATT was great but didn't work somewhere we visited frequently). I did that order through Verizon directly but you may be able to do it through Apple if you want.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

I am going to give myself flexibility and m
    Buy the 7 plus from Apple..... Being unlocked. Att usually hacks me off and next best Verizon promo I can potentially switch
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Had Verizon, live in suburb of Boston, Verizon service sucked, constantly dropped to 3G. switched to T-Mobile, never been happier. I have the fastest and strongest data of any Carrier I've ever had and had them all. T-Mobile has come a long way. It depends where you live & work. The money isn't the issue to me it's the service. I would change my Carrier in a second if my service sucked. I'm really blown away by T-Mobile service in my area. 5 bars all the time in House with 55mb down & 30mb up. At night I'm getting close to 70mb down. Yep, go where your service is the best. Thank You T-Mobile.
    zanix likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fightcrazy View Post
    Had Verizon, live in suburb of Boston, Verizon service sucked, constantly dropped to 3G. switched to T-Mobile, never been happier. I have the fastest and strongest data of any Carrier I've ever had and had them all. T-Mobile has come a long way. It depends where you live & work. The money isn't the issue to me it's the service. I would change my Carrier in a second if my service sucked. I'm really blown away by T-Mobile service in my area. 5 bars all the time in House with 55mb down & 30mb up. At night I'm getting close to 70mb down. Yep, go where your service is the best. Thank You T-Mobile.
    Thanks for this! I am somewhat in your area and besides getting poor service with Verizon, today their crappy/deceptive customer service put me over the edge. I am actively looking at T-Mobile plans now!