Does anyone have any knowledge or good guesses as to if the Upgrade Program straight from Apple is going to be available when the next iPhone is released?

If I decide to get one, I'd love to use this method. I paid full price outright on my 6s Plus, and would like to not have to be out that kind of cash again, if I end up getting one.
    08-16-2016 03:17 PM
    Its website states the following:

"The iPhone Upgrade Program gives you an easier way to get a new iPhone every year, and the security and protection of AppleCare+. Youre even free to choose the carrier and rate plan that work for you."
    Source: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

With that in mind, I'd say yes to your question.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 03:25 PM
    Its website states the following:

"The iPhone Upgrade Program gives you an easier way to get a new iPhone every year, and the security and protection of AppleCare+. You’re even free to choose the carrier and rate plan that work for you."
    Source: iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple

With that in mind, I'd say yes to your question.
    It looks like they will offer it. I'm just hoping that it's offered online - it's 120 miles to the nearest Apple Store.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 03:49 PM
    It looks like they will offer it. I'm just hoping that it's offered online - it's 120 miles to the nearest Apple Store.
    I hear ya...
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Last year apple had upgrade program for 6s and they would only give you $300 for 6 plus any storage. It may be wise to just sell it and buy new iphone 7.
    08-16-2016 04:19 PM
    The only kink I can see in that plan is if you're trading in a device already on the Apple Upgrade Program. I'm not sure how that would work without physically being present at a store to give the old device back.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 05:24 PM
    The only kink I can see in that plan is if you're trading in a device already on the Apple Upgrade Program. I'm not sure how that would work without physically being present at a store to give the old device back.
    Mine was paid for outright so that won't be a problem. I'm not on the plan now.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 05:26 PM
    Mine was paid for outright so that won't be a problem. I'm not on the plan now.
    Aaaah you should be fine then. I'm on the plan but I live near a few Apple Stores.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-16-2016 05:38 PM
    same here , are you living at Dallas?
    I live just down the road, in a Detroit suburb

(The English D in my avatar is the Detroit Tigers logo)
    08-18-2016 05:43 AM
    Good luck Tigers but not too much (Jays fan )
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-18-2016 05:55 AM
    I'm going with Apples program. Only $5 more a month than AT&T's and it includes AppleCare.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:11 PM
    I'm going with Apples program. Only $5 more a month than AT&T's and it includes AppleCare.
    That's exactly why I would be doing it. AC+ is hard to pass up!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:22 PM
    That's exactly why I would be doing it. AC+ is hard to pass up!
    Sure is! I'm too clumsy to go without it. Just yesterday I dropped my 6s Plus on ceramic tile without a case. It survived but I got lucky. If it came down to it, I love that I could bring it all smashed up into an Apple Store and walk out with a new phone (for a small fee) instead of having to buy a whole new device.
    08-20-2016 06:04 AM
    same here , are you living at Dallas?
    I'm in Dallas also and on upgrade plan. I'm hoping I can reserve one on the 9th and pick it up in the Southlake store on release day.
    08-20-2016 01:21 PM
    Looks like as long as I can cancel my Best Buy pre-order for a Note 7, then I'm good. They still don't have the AT&T model in for me. I'm taking this as a sign. Hope they let me cancel without going in.

The it'll be an iPhone whatever upgrade in the next couple weeks!
    08-21-2016 12:32 PM
    If one were to sell an iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB model (carrier locked, AT&T), how much would you guys expect to get for it?

Edit
    According to this site I might get $300, that is, if I'm lucky.
    08-23-2016 10:40 AM
    If one were to sell an iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB model (carrier locked, AT&T), how much would you guys expect to get for it?

Edit
    According to this site I might get $300, that is, if I'm lucky.
    What kind of shape is it in? Accessories? Looks like you could get $350-400. That's what the going rates were on better than good condition ones on Swappa.
    08-23-2016 11:11 AM
    Mine has spent it's whole time in a case so the condition of the phone is darn good. As for accessories, I've already used them so I doubt anyone would want them. I might be able to get $350 for it but if I price it any more than that it'll just sit there on the site unsold. I would want to sell it quickly.
    08-23-2016 11:25 AM
    I am thinking on doing the Apple program this year as well! To much of a hassle to have to sell phone to try to cover cost of upgrade. What was the process last year did you have to go into the store to sign up? It wasn't online was it?
    09-01-2016 05:28 AM
    I am thinking on doing the Apple program this year as well! To much of a hassle to have to sell phone to try to cover cost of upgrade. What was the process last year did you have to go into the store to sign up? It wasn't online was it?
    If you are new to the Apple Upgrade program you can do it online now when you order your device. I'm interested to see how it's going to work this fall with people like me who will be turning in our iPhones that are already on the Apple Upgrade Program to get the new one. I'm assuming I'll have to go into a store but I'm hoping they'll announce some sort of mail-in program.
    mjsavage likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:54 AM
    If you are new to the Apple Upgrade program you can do it online now when you order your device. I'm interested to see how it's going to work this fall with people like me who will be turning in our iPhones that are already on the Apple Upgrade Program to get the new one. I'm assuming I'll have to go into a store but I'm hoping they'll announce some sort of mail-in program.
    Same here but so far nothing. Hopefully I can just reserve one for store pickup, walk in and do the transaction turning in 6S+ and walk out with a 7+

Now if Apple wanted to push their upgrade program they could have a lot of phones reserved for folks on the program to ensure you got it on launch day. Now that would be impressive.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-06-2016 04:54 PM
    Hi for those currently in iphone upgrade program can you please try to check your eligbility here: https://secure1.store.apple.com/shop...adeEligibility

For some reason it keeps telling me something went wrong and not able to pull up. I'm wondering if this is because I've had my phone replace under warranty since? If I use the original serial number that I originally purchased under the program, it says it's not registered.

Do you think this will be an issue when I pre-order and pick up in store during release day or will they will be able to pull up my account? I've made 12 payments already.

Please try and let me know if it works and if your phone is a replacement or not.
    09-07-2016 03:56 PM