I had the Nexus 6p since launch. Dumped that phone due to having issues with it over heating. I had 4 6ps and they all had their issues. Apple is where I want to be for everyday use. My Axon 7 is so much better than my 6p...except the camera.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I guess I'm not going to get the 6P hahaha
    Jcblack3310 likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:59 PM
    I too am coming back to iOS after 3 years with android. I don't have a work or home phone, just my mobile.... And when something goes awry with the android, not having the Apple store is just not acceptable for me now. Also, the texting issues are a small %, but drive me nuts.
    7 plus will be the be driver in one month.
    08-17-2016 08:48 PM
    Great point. I switched from iPhone 6 plus at one point to Note 4, thinking it will be great. But after a couple of weeks of horrible battery life I started to look on ebay to get me another IP6Plus. And so I sold N4 and went back, and never really looked back. But one thing I envy on Note 7 is the S pen, being an Artist it's one feature I loved on note 4. But there are too many downfalls than upsides to Samsung. So I am too looking forward to iPhone 7 plus.
    08-18-2016 08:28 AM
    I left apple for a note 5 last year. Kept it about two months and bought a 6s. No more android for me. Ill be getting the new 7 plus when it comes out.
    08-18-2016 11:55 AM
    I guess I'm not going to get the 6P hahaha
    I also didn't like how hot the phone got. That really bothered me because the 6p got insanely hot.

08-18-2016 03:29 PM
    I also didn't like how hot the phone got. That really bothered me because the 6p got insanely hot.

Yep! Heard a few issues regarding the 6P.
    08-18-2016 05:12 PM
    I spent quite a bit of money buying android phones and selling them starting around this time last year to try to break away from Apple. What did I learn? That I could live in the Android world, but Android is an awful OS for me and I went back to a 6s. Never going back to Android. Ever.
    08-18-2016 06:48 PM
    The S3 ruined Samsung for me. LG makes nice devices but their software leaves a lot to be desired.

iPhone just feels like the least compromising device for my person.
    If your making you tech decisions on a device you used 4 years ago you are doing yourself a disservice. You may prefer IOS but the notion that it enjoys superior performance to Android is simply no longer true.

08-19-2016 05:05 AM
    If your making you tech decisions on a device you used 4 years ago you are doing yourself a disservice. You may prefer IOS but the notion that it enjoys superior performance to Android is simply no longer true.

Samsung Touchwiz is such garbage. I was just holding a note 7 yesterday. It's trash and it's not real Android.
    08-19-2016 08:19 AM
    I can't wait until September, I'm coming back also. I enjoy using Android & all its capabilities, but this LG V10 ruined it for me. I miss the battery life, & the fluidness of iOS.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:46 AM
    Samsung Touchwiz is such garbage. I was just holding a note 7 yesterday. It's trash and it's not real Android.
    That's your opinion. Which you are most definitely entitled to. But what makes it not real Android?
    08-19-2016 09:41 AM
    My android resistance dates back to an LG Revolution. It was one of the first 4G LTE phones from verizon. I was coming off BlackBerry and was wooed by the new feature. However, that soon became disappointment when LG decided not to support the phone and no upgrades came . To date, the ONLY phone I've ever replaced due to software. I like Nexus, but big red doesn't, and where I live you are Big Red or you aren't getting service. Samsung has some beautiful pieces right now. But will they stop updating Android before i'm through with their phone. And how long must I wait for my updates if they do support it? With Apple, I know the answer to all of those questions.
    08-19-2016 10:02 AM
    But what makes it not real Android?
    How about the fact that Samsung got their dirty hands on it? What Samsung does to Android should be considered a crime against humanity. What comes out of the Samsung meat grinder isn't pretty.
    AustinIllini likes this.
    08-19-2016 11:22 AM
    How about the fact that Samsung got their dirty hands on it? What Samsung does to Android should be considered a crime against humanity. What comes out of the Samsung meat grinder isn't pretty.
    I'm good with the additions that Samsung adds to their phones. If you look at the latest iteration of stock Android, a lot of their features are taken from previous Samsung phones. This is what I like about Android, options. What is Android to one person is not necessarily what it is to another. There's not just that one "this is Android and it is what it is" feeling.
    08-19-2016 11:31 AM
    There's a reason why Samsung phones need all that system RAM and processor cores. Because TouchWiz is such a damn resource pig. Every other Android overlay isn't nearly as bloated as TouchWiz is.
    08-19-2016 11:35 AM
    That's your opinion. Which you are most definitely entitled to. But what makes it not real Android?
    Skins aren't real Android. They're just not. Especially poorly executed ones. Nexus is real Android. OnePlus's OxygenOS is basically Android. Touchwiz isn't android.

I'm good with the additions that Samsung adds to their phones. If you look at the latest iteration of stock Android, a lot of their features are taken from previous Samsung phones. This is what I like about Android, options. What is Android to one person is not necessarily what it is to another. There's not just that one "this is Android and it is what it is" feeling.
    Right, but the Android additions borrowed from Samsung are vastly improved from a usability standpoint by the time they make it into a Nexus device.

iOS is iOS as Apple intended it. True Android is Android as Google intended it. It's really unfortunate Google can't seem to crack the pure Android premium device market while Samsung continues to butcher Android as an OS.
    08-19-2016 09:21 PM
    Skins aren't real Android. They're just not. Especially poorly executed ones. Nexus is real Android. OnePlus's OxygenOS is basically Android. Touchwiz isn't android.

Right, but the Android additions borrowed from Samsung are vastly improved from a usability standpoint by the time they make it into a Nexus device.

iOS is iOS as Apple intended it. True Android is Android as Google intended it. It's really unfortunate Google can't seem to crack the pure Android premium device market while Samsung continues to butcher Android as an OS.
    And I don't see it as poorly executed. Nor do I see how the only "real" Android is stock Android. One man's trash...

I do agree that it's a shame that stock Android hasn't cracked the mainstream, however.
    08-19-2016 09:31 PM
    My daily driver is an iPhone 6s Plus. I have a note 5 to play with to satisfy my android curiosity. I finally used the N5 the last few days as my daily driver. As much as I love the different features I just can't sacrifice battery life. I'm down to 20% on the Note after a few days of normal use. My iPhone is rarely below 50%. I get it's different but I find the iPhone just uses power so much more efficiently
    08-19-2016 10:45 PM
    There's a reason why Samsung phones need all that system RAM and processor cores. Because TouchWiz is such a damn resource pig. Every other Android overlay isn't nearly as bloated as TouchWiz is.
    4 GB of RAM is the standard for Android now. It has nothing to do with Touchwiz. The one plus 3 has 6 GB.

08-19-2016 11:36 PM
    [QUOTE=AustinIllini;2790320]Samsung Touchwiz is such garbage. I was just holding a note 7 yesterday. It's trash and it's not real Android.[/QUOT

It's getting universal praise, but you hate it, understood.

08-19-2016 11:39 PM
    Having been gone for 3+ years, I'm most looking forward to imessage and flawless texting again. A lot has changed, including third party apps. I'm looking forward to trying gboard since I am a swiping/gesture input guy now.
    Anything better than gboard for swiping?
    08-21-2016 03:52 PM
    Having been gone for 3+ years, I'm most looking forward to imessage and flawless texting again. A lot has changed, including third party apps. I'm looking forward to trying gboard since I am a swiping/gesture input guy now.
    Anything better than gboard for swiping?
    SwiftKey is another one. I LOVE swiping, but it just isn't the same on iOS as it is on Android. They don't have the same functionality. And you're still forced to use the Apple keyboard in certain situations. One of my biggest issues with iOS.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:34 PM
    SwiftKey is another one. I LOVE swiping, but it just isn't the same on iOS as it is on Android. They don't have the same functionality. And you're still forced to use the Apple keyboard in certain situations. One of my biggest issues with iOS.
    What app can't you use swiping with?
    08-22-2016 09:35 PM
    What app can't you use swiping with?
    You can't use it on the lock screen and for inputting passwords. It switches back to the Apple keyboard. It also randomly switches back to the Apple keyboard. And you can't use the dictation microphone with any keyboard other than the Apple keyboard. So if you like to use voice to text, it won't work in third party keyboards.
    salscott likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:43 PM
    You can't use it on the lock screen and for inputting passwords. It switches back to the Apple keyboard. It also randomly switches back to the Apple keyboard. And you can't use the dictation microphone with any keyboard other than the Apple keyboard. So if you like to use voice to text, it won't work in third party keyboards.
    Thanks...This is on ios10? Have you played with gboard? It looks interesting, and not on android yet
    08-22-2016 09:46 PM
60 123