I'm coming back

Jcblack3310

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
If I would ever leave iPhone for any reason (perish the thought) Id look into the Nexus series. They are as close to vanilla android as it gets.

I had the Nexus 6p since launch. Dumped that phone due to having issues with it over heating. I had 4 6ps and they all had their issues. Apple is where I want to be for everyday use. My Axon 7 is so much better than my 6p...except the camera.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Android phone don't have much choice for cpu because they have to use the snapdragon chipset and if chip is bad, they still have to use it! Lol

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the Nexus 6p since launch. Dumped that phone due to having issues with it over heating. I had 4 6ps and they all had their issues. Apple is where I want to be for everyday use. My Axon 7 is so much better than my 6p...except the camera.

I guess I'm not going to get the 6P hahaha

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I too am coming back to iOS after 3 years with android. I don't have a work or home phone, just my mobile.... And when something goes awry with the android, not having the Apple store is just not acceptable for me now. Also, the texting issues are a small %, but drive me nuts.
7 plus will be the be driver in one month.

7ftRussian

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Great point. I switched from iPhone 6 plus at one point to Note 4, thinking it will be great. But after a couple of weeks of horrible battery life I started to look on ebay to get me another IP6Plus. And so I sold N4 and went back, and never really looked back. But one thing I envy on Note 7 is the S pen, being an Artist it's one feature I loved on note 4. But there are too many downfalls than upsides to Samsung. So I am too looking forward to iPhone 7 plus.
:)

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I left apple for a note 5 last year. Kept it about two months and bought a 6s. No more android for me. Ill be getting the new 7 plus when it comes out.

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I spent quite a bit of money buying android phones and selling them starting around this time last year to try to break away from Apple. What did I learn? That I could live in the Android world, but Android is an awful OS for me and I went back to a 6s. Never going back to Android. Ever.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
The S3 ruined Samsung for me. LG makes nice devices but their software leaves a lot to be desired.

iPhone just feels like the least compromising device for my person.

If your making you tech decisions on a device you used 4 years ago you are doing yourself a disservice. You may prefer IOS but the notion that it enjoys superior performance to Android is simply no longer true.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If your making you tech decisions on a device you used 4 years ago you are doing yourself a disservice. You may prefer IOS but the notion that it enjoys superior performance to Android is simply no longer true.

Samsung Touchwiz is such garbage. I was just holding a note 7 yesterday. It's trash and it's not real Android.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait until September, I'm coming back also. I enjoy using Android & all its capabilities, but this LG V10 ruined it for me. I miss the battery life, & the fluidness of iOS.

ChrisS9938

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
My android resistance dates back to an LG Revolution. It was one of the first 4G LTE phones from verizon. I was coming off BlackBerry and was wooed by the new feature. However, that soon became disappointment when LG decided not to support the phone and no upgrades came :mad:. To date, the ONLY phone I've ever replaced due to software. I like Nexus, but big red doesn't, and where I live you are Big Red or you aren't getting service. Samsung has some beautiful pieces right now. But will they stop updating Android before i'm through with their phone. And how long must I wait for my updates if they do support it? With Apple, I know the answer to all of those questions.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How about the fact that Samsung got their dirty hands on it? What Samsung does to Android should be considered a crime against humanity. What comes out of the Samsung meat grinder isn't pretty.

I'm good with the additions that Samsung adds to their phones. If you look at the latest iteration of stock Android, a lot of their features are taken from previous Samsung phones. This is what I like about Android, options. What is Android to one person is not necessarily what it is to another. There's not just that one "this is Android and it is what it is" feeling.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
There's a reason why Samsung phones need all that system RAM and processor cores. Because TouchWiz is such a damn resource pig. Every other Android overlay isn't nearly as bloated as TouchWiz is.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox