Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree50Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    luvmy2minions's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    i have a iphone 6 and i am debating if i should buy the iphone 7 when it comes out or is it not gonna be a big enough difference where i should just wait for the ios10 update??
  2. #2  
    diggity's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    533 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Lots of rumors out there, but nobody here can truthfully answer your question about the next iPhone. We will all find out together in a few weeks.
    Tartarus likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Is the iPhone 7 worth the wait? Maybe. Maybe not. I plan on getting one, regardless....
  4. #4  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    The leaks looking more tempting. I wasn't going to, and wait for the s variant.
  5. #5  
    hsides2yd's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Media said that iphone 8 will be more great. iPhone is 10 years old in 2017.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by hsides2yd View Post
    Media said that iphone 8 will be more great. iPhone is 10 years old in 2017.
    Each iPhone iteration is greater than the previous, and I'm sure the iPhone that's introduced in 2017 will follow suit.
  7. #7  
    xtremeled's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    224 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    I've heard the iPhone 9SE will be the best iPhone ever. Waiting on that. I'll live with my 3g till then.
  8. #8  
    JerryRaia's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    I cave each time and get one every year
  9. #9  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    I've no idea if it will be or not. I've only had the 6s for 5 or 6 months, so not sure if trading it in for a 7 would be a good decision. I'm happier with my 6s than I ever was with any of my Android phones, so the 7 would need to really be a sufficient upgrade to the 6s for me to consider it.
  10. #10  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2minions View Post
    i have a iphone 6 and i am debating if i should buy the iphone 7 when it comes out or is it not gonna be a big enough difference where i should just wait for the ios10 update??
    I would say it would be a solid update from the iPhone 6. With that being said, if you have no issues with the 6 I would wait. Next year is going to be a large update.
  11. #11  
    phlamethrowre's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    253 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I would say it would be a solid update from the iPhone 6. With that being said, if you have no issues with the 6 I would wait. Next year is going to be a large update.
    What evidence do you have to substantiate your claim about next year?
  12. #12  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Next year is going to be a large update.
    What's happening next year? Any links from an official Apple press release about this?
  13. #13  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    What's happening next year? Any links from an official Apple press release about this?
    It is the 10th anniversary iPhone. Rumors are to some major changes.
  14. #14  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by phlamethrowre View Post
    What evidence do you have to substantiate your claim about next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    What's happening next year? Any links from an official Apple press release about this?
    Google is your friend.
    iPhone 8 (2017): Everything We Know | MacRumors
    iPhone 7 Will Be Nice, But 10th Anniversary iPhone 8 Will be Amazing - The Mac Observer
    Apple Planning Huge Surprise For iPhone's 10th Anniversary
  15. #15  
    phlamethrowre's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    253 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

  16. #16  
    JerryRaia's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Where else would you read it?
    Premium1, libra89 and swarlos like this.
  17. #17  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Any links from an official Apple press release about this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Google is your friend.

    Literacy, basic reading comprehension, and manners are also your friend.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  18. #18  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by phlamethrowre View Post
    Oh!! You read it on the Internet, must be true.
    Good thing I said "rumors" ..... Reading is key...
  19. #19  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    Literacy, basic reading comprehension, and manners are also your friend.
    Apple hasn't even released an official press for the 7 let alone next years iPhone. I said rumors, so maybe you should work on comprehension as well before getting all antsy and lecturing others.. Not to mention I was in no way rude, but ok....
    Last edited by Premium1; 08-01-2016 at 08:43 PM.
  20. #20  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Apple hasn't even released an official press for the 7 let alone next years iPhone. I said rumors, so maybe you should work on comprehension as well before getting all antsy and lecturing others.. Not to mention I was in no way rude, but ok....

    I read what you said. I asked a legitimate and sincere question (because I care not about rumors), and instead of a friendly answer "I haven't seen any yet, but I'll post here if/when I see something." your reply was "Google is your friend".
  21. #21  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    I read what you said. I asked a legitimate and sincere question (because I care not about rumors), and instead of a friendly answer "I haven't seen any yet, but I'll post here if/when I see something." your reply was "Google is your friend".
    Yes and I included links to the rumors of what the iPhone will detail. I wasn't being "rude" and if that is how you took it well it was a miscommunication.
  22. #22  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Yes and I included links to the rumors of what the iPhone will detail.
    I responded to your statement about rumors with a question about an official source since you seemed to have a bit more knowledge. I thought I would ask to see if you knew weather or not there was any official news. It was a simple and honest question that in all honesty did not deserve that type of reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I wasn't being "rude" and if that is how you took it well it was a miscommunication.
    We're going to disagree here as well. The phrase "Google is your friend" refers to the other persons inability to look things up on their own or "their perceived laziness in not doing so first before asking the question".


    I've said my peace, you've said yours, we can move on now.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  23. #23  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,006 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    I responded to your statement about rumors with a question about an official source since you seemed to have a bit more knowledge. I thought I would ask to see if you knew weather or not there was any official news. It was a simple and honest question that in all honesty did not deserve that type of reply.



    We're going to disagree here as well. The phrase "Google is your friend" refers to the other persons inability to look things up on their own or "their perceived laziness in not doing so first before asking the question".


    I've said my peace, you've said yours, we can move on now.
    Yeah I guess I don't take offense to "google is your friend" but alright, different strokes for different folks.
  24. #24  
    anon(9733642)'s Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    231 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2minions View Post
    i have a iphone 6 and i am debating if i should buy the iphone 7 when it comes out or is it not gonna be a big enough difference where i should just wait for the ios10 update??
    Bottom line, to take FULL advantage of iOS 10 you will need the iPhone 7, period. Your 6 will perform with it but without 3D/Force Touch. From the betas out there and being a 6s user I use 3D/Force Touch constantly and while I might be one of the few, using lock screen notifications, widgets, and many other things are made much easier with Force Touch. So unless I'm wowed by the 7, no real reason to budge, but if I had an iPhone 6...I'd buy the 7 for sure.
    Nonsenseinsd8 and ReVu30 like this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    Bottom line, to take FULL advantage of iOS 10 you will need the iPhone 7, period.
    Seems like an iPhone 6s would do the trick as well, unless the iPhone 7/6se introduces something crazy that we haven't seen before.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 06:31 PM
  2. iphone 6s
    By Bradsgirl36 in forum iPhone 6s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 05:16 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 07:41 PM
  4. gold and black iphone
    By iAppleSteven in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 09:14 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions