Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #51  
    itsnotmeitsyou's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    125 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisforpm View Post
    I wonder how many people here say they aren't upgrading, watch the keynote and then are the first in line to buy it.
    I'd bet a lot. This will be my first time trying to get an iPhone on launch day. Is it as difficult as people make it out to be? Do you really need to wait in line of you want one within the first couple of weeks? I've always been an Android user prior to the 6S+ and have been able to walk right up to the counter on launch day and purchase the latest Samsung phone.
  2. #52  
    trparky's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Well if you go in for the Apple Upgrade Program and you wake up early enough that day you can reserve a device and they'll hold it for you at the Apple Store of your choosing.
  3. #53  
    chrisforpm's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    153 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
    I'd bet a lot. This will be my first time trying to get an iPhone on launch day. Is it as difficult as people make it out to be? Do you really need to wait in line of you want one within the first couple of weeks? I've always been an Android user prior to the 6S+ and have been able to walk right up to the counter on launch day and purchase the latest Samsung phone.
    It really depends on how big of an upgrade it is. Generally, I have found that it is harder to get a phone in a redesign year than an "S" year.

    However, I have found that it is getting easier to get the phone on launch day. They are finally matching supply to meet the demand for the most part.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by trparky View Post
    Well if you go in for the Apple Upgrade Program and you wake up early enough that day you can reserve a device and they'll hold it for you at the Apple Store of your choosing.
    I used the Apple Upgrade Program to get my 6s Plus and my wife's 6s. I made two 8:00AM reservations at one of my local Apple Stores, showed up around 7:50, was paired up with an Apple Store employee, and was in the store picking up my iPhones at 8:00 sharp. They had a separate line for people with reservations so I didn't have to stand in line with the thousands of people waiting in the main line.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  5. #55  
    trparky's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Then that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reserve a device so I don't have to stand in line.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  6. #56  
    chrisforpm's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    153 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by trparky View Post
    Then that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reserve a device so I don't have to stand in line.
    I found it to be the most seamless way to get the new phone. Lining up is never a guarantee (although they usually have enough stock for everyone, it might not be the colour or storage option you want). You could also order online and have it shipped, but the wait for UPS can be killer.
  7. #57  

    Default so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by trparky View Post
    Then that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reserve a device so I don't have to stand in line.
    It worked perfectly. Now, I did wake up at 3:00AM EST to make the reservation right when the preorder started but I don't think it was completely necessary.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  8. #58  
    trparky's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    I'll wake up at 7 or 8 am in the morning. I was told by Apple that they get shipments several times a day for a week after the launch day to keep up with demand.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by trparky View Post
    I'll wake up at 7 or 8 am in the morning. I was told by Apple that they get shipments several times a day for a week after the launch day to keep up with demand.
    Probably what I'm going to do this time around as well.
  10. #60  
    MusicalRobot's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    As every iphone that comes out, it comes with new features. the iphone 7 will have three versions: the base iphone 7, the plus version, and a pro version. all phones will be faster than the 6 and will sport a new camera which already blows our minds away. the pro will definitely be a worthy upgrade
  11. #61  
    trparky's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    I'll probably just get the Plus model, not the Pro. Either that or the older 6s model if I can get it on a steal of a deal.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalRobot View Post
    As every iphone that comes out, it comes with new features. the iphone 7 will have three versions: the base iphone 7, the plus version, and a pro version. all phones will be faster than the 6 and will sport a new camera which already blows our minds away. the pro will definitely be a worthy upgrade
    Sadly, they will not.
    They might be. They're still only rumours
    Tartarus and Spencerdl like this.
  13. #63  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts

    Default Re: so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

    At this point in time, it's worth the wait

    Or you could wait for their 10th anniversary iPhone next year
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 06:31 PM
  2. iphone 6s
    By Bradsgirl36 in forum iPhone 6s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 05:16 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 07:41 PM
  4. gold and black iphone
    By iAppleSteven in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 09:14 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions