Seems like an iPhone 6s would do the trick as well, unless the iPhone 7/6se introduces something crazy that we haven't seen before.

Agreed. My 6s is running exceptionally well on 10 beta 2 as my daily driver. Once they finish adding things in it'll be darn near perfect.
    anon(9733642) likes this.
    08-01-2016 11:19 PM
    Bottom line, to take FULL advantage of iOS 10 you will need the iPhone 7, period. Your 6 will perform with it but without 3D/Force Touch. From the betas out there and being a 6s user I use 3D/Force Touch constantly and while I might be one of the few, using lock screen notifications, widgets, and many other things are made much easier with Force Touch. So unless I'm wowed by the 7, no real reason to budge, but if I had an iPhone 6...I'd buy the 7 for sure.
    Seems like an iPhone 6s would do the trick as well, unless the iPhone 7/6se introduces something crazy that we haven't seen before.
    Over a 6, a 6s or 7 would be the best bet. But you won't "need the iPhone 7, period" (at least at this point - I guess there could be a killer feature only in the new chip but we don't know anything yet)
    Rob Phillips and Sherry_B like this.
    08-02-2016 05:59 AM
    Good thing I said "rumors" ..... Reading is key...
    Your original post didn't say anything about rumors. You only said that after you got called out.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:49 PM
    Anything a year out, or even a month out, is going to be based on rumors and speculation. Even the links posted don't mean anything until the phone is actually released and we see what is in there.
    Premium1 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-04-2016 04:49 AM
    Your original post didn't say anything about rumors. You only said that after you got called out.
    Actually it does. The poster above asked to which I responded saying rumors have it being a large update for the 10th anniversary... Nice try though
    08-04-2016 04:01 PM
    I don't think that question can be answered until we have the iPhone 7 in our hands. Even then, it might be worth the wait to some but not to others.
    08-05-2016 07:31 PM
    I don't think that question can be answered until we have the iPhone 7 in our hands. Even then, it might be worth the wait to some but not to others.
    Yeah but it's fun to speculate
    08-05-2016 08:01 PM
    I would say it would be a solid update from the iPhone 6. With that being said, if you have no issues with the 6 I would wait. Next year is going to be a large update.
    This is your first post No mention of rumors like I said. So, are you going to continue to claim that your first post mentioned rumors??? Don't be like Hillary!
    Last edited by phlamethrowre; 08-08-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-07-2016 06:32 PM
    Yeah I guess I don't take offense to "google is your friend" but alright, different strokes for different folks.
    I certainly don't consider that Google is my friend, but that is my opinion.
    08-08-2016 02:33 PM
    Way to go to hijack a thread.

Back on topic: since my 5s suffered water damage I had to buy a new phone and because I didn't want to use my renewal with my carrier I jumped from a 5s to a 6. Except for the size I see little difference in speed with my 5s.

Having said that, if you jump to a new phone every year the difference in speed and performance will not be extremely noticeable. But if you skip a gen and jump from the 6 to 7, you will most likely notice the difference in more ways.

My advice is to wait for the 7. It's only 6 more weeks before it comes.
    08-08-2016 06:50 PM
    This is your first post No mention of rumors like I said. So, are you going to continue to claim that your first post mentioned rumors??? Don't be like Hillary!
    Actually I was talking about my first post that I replied to you since that was the one being referenced, but ok, like I said, it says right in the post about the 10th anniversary rumored to be a huge upgrade. Obviously my response to another poster (which you continue to claim was what I responded to you) so there is no point in debating with you..
    08-08-2016 09:42 PM
    I certainly don't consider that Google is my friend, but that is my opinion.
    Well good thing it wasn't in response to you then...
    08-08-2016 09:43 PM
    Actually I was talking about my first post that I replied to you since that was the one being referenced, but ok, like I said, it says right in the post about the 10th anniversary rumored to be a huge upgrade. Obviously my response to another poster (which you continue to claim was what I responded to you) so there is no point in debating with you..
    No point in debating because I said your first post didn't mention the word "rumor" then I quoted your first post and it still didn't say "rumor". And right now it still doesn't say "rumor". Have a nice day.
    08-09-2016 09:28 PM
    08-10-2016 05:18 AM
    Let's stay on topic, folks.
    Thank You Moderator Eyecrispy
    Rob Phillips and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-10-2016 07:08 AM
    I hate to say this, especially since my history is one of owning every iPhone release since the original...but, if the feature set of the 7 is nothing more than what most "reliable rumors" claim, and if the hardware styling is the same as my current 6s...I may be skipping the next iPhone for the first time ever.

I originally thought Apple might drop a 5"-plus screen phone without the huge bezels of the 6s+ (a la Samsung) and give us the perfect screen size with less bulk, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen, yet.

Frankly, I'm really bummed about the 7.
    08-10-2016 08:35 AM
    Oh stop, you'll be getting it just like I will as soon as you see somebody else with one!
    08-10-2016 12:03 PM
    If the rumors are true about a bump in resolution to 2k/quad hd for the 7 plus and 1080p for the iPhone 7, then yes, it would be worth it. I hope that rumor is true. I saw it posted yesterday on iMore.
    08-10-2016 12:26 PM
    Each iPhone iteration is greater than the previous, and I'm sure the iPhone that's introduced in 2017 will follow suit.
    This is why I always chuckle when Apple advertising says, "Our greatest and most advanced iPhone yet". I would hope that would be the case, lol.
    08-10-2016 12:34 PM
    Oh stop, you'll be getting it just like I will as soon as you see somebody else with one!
    **sigh!** Unfortunately, you're probably right. Before that, even...
    JerryRaia likes this.
    08-10-2016 05:46 PM
    I bet I beat you to it
    08-10-2016 05:47 PM
    I hate to say this, especially since my history is one of owning every iPhone release since the original...but, if the feature set of the 7 is nothing more than what most "reliable rumors" claim, and if the hardware styling is the same as my current 6s...I may be skipping the next iPhone for the first time ever.

I originally thought Apple might drop a 5"-plus screen phone without the huge bezels of the 6s+ (a la Samsung) and give us the perfect screen size with less bulk, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen, yet.

Frankly, I'm really bummed about the 7.
    I understand and I pretty much feel the same. I don't want to believe they'll keep the same hardware style but if they do I have no reason to upgrade.
    08-10-2016 07:02 PM
    Save your money man.
    08-10-2016 07:20 PM
    I wonder how many people here say they aren't upgrading, watch the keynote and then are the first in line to buy it.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:20 PM
    It's either the 6s or the 7, I'm not really sure. I have the 6 Plus (non-S) model so either one would be a huge upgrade for me.

If I can get the 6s Plus model at a significant discount then yes, I'll get that model instead. I just wonder if they'll keep the 6s as part of the Apple Upgrade Program along with the new 7 model.
    08-10-2016 10:05 PM
63 123