Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That's what I do. I keep my phones for 2 years and then upgrade with each number change... 4, 5, 6, Etc. Impatiently waiting for the 7 to come out.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading to the 7 only if there's an SE sized one...

That's doubtful considering the SE was just released this year. I have a feeling we won't be seeing an annual upgrade cycle for this device. As a matter of fact, I don't think we'll be seeing annual cycles for any of Apple's devices sooner or later. There's really no need.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
That's doubtful considering the SE was just released this year. I have a feeling we won't be seeing an annual upgrade cycle for this device. As a matter of fact, I don't think we'll be seeing annual cycles for any of Apple's devices sooner or later. There's really no need.
No need for you but very much needed for Apple. Selling hardware is still their main business and I'm pretty sure releasing new iPhones every year is not going anywhere anytime soon. There are millions of people on different buying cycle, so there are always people excited and ready to buy the phone on a particular year.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No need for you but very much needed for Apple. Selling hardware is still their main business and I'm pretty sure releasing new iPhones every year is not going anywhere anytime soon. There are millions of people on different buying cycle, so there are always people excited and ready to buy the phone on a particular year.

I'm an annual upgrader so I'm always excited about what's coming next down the pipeline. The fact of the matter is that growth is slowing and it costs a LOT of money to make a new iPhone. People aren't upgrading as often anymore because they have less reason to. Apple will always be a hardware company but we are already starting to see a shift toward services.

This iMore article talks about Apple moving to a three-year design cycle. Normally we would see a complete redesign in the iPhone 7. They're starting to slow things down.
http://m.imore.com/apple-reportedly-moving-three-year-iphone-design-cycle

lmws214

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I am using 6sPlus now. Will see what new features in the new iphone it has before I decide to buy. Am happy with my current iPhone 6s+.

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
wanna like the iphone 7 but based on leaks it's still the same design..it's been ages since they had a new design of the iphone...i love the software and the camera of apple but samsung is beating apples ***...

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
With as similar as the 7 seems to the 6s, I'm planning to skip it. Unless there's some enticing surprises at release.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm an annual upgrader so I'm always excited about what's coming next down the pipeline. The fact of the matter is that growth is slowing and it costs a LOT of money to make a new iPhone. People aren't upgrading as often anymore because they have less reason to. Apple will always be a hardware company but we are already starting to see a shift toward services.

This iMore article talks about Apple moving to a three-year design cycle. Normally we would see a complete redesign in the iPhone 7. They're starting to slow things down.
http://m.imore.com/apple-reportedly-moving-three-year-iphone-design-cycle
Well that is redesign, I'm taking about there will be a new iPhone every year. Redesign or just evolution. I'm not arguing about if they move redesign from 2 to 3 or 1 or whatever makes sense. But one thing for sure every here there will be a new iPhone.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
wanna like the iphone 7 but based on leaks it's still the same design..it's been ages since they had a new design of the iphone...i love the software and the camera of apple but samsung is beating apples ***...

It's been since 2014 since there was a redesign. Not that terribly long IMO but I was looking forward to a refresh this year. Sounds like 2017 is going to be the big year now.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
You excited? You pumped? You upgrading to the iPhone 7 once it is available?

I'm still using my iPhone 6 Plus, which means the phone will soon be two generations old. Thinking it might be time to upgrade to the latest and greatest, but very much looking forward to seeing what the specs and features are.

Are you upgrading? Or are you taking a cautious approach to see what the phone has to offer? Or perhaps you're doing just fine with your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, or SE?

If i cant scratch through my pockets and find the cash... YES! ^_^

As soon as i saw there will be a bigger sensor for better low light pictures. I'm sold :D
so many times I'm at a party and the lighting isn't great so having a device that can take nice pictures in the dark would be awesome.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If i cant scratch through my pockets and find the cash... YES! ^_^

As soon as i saw there will be a bigger sensor for better low light pictures. I'm sold :D
so many times I'm at a party and the lighting isn't great so having a device that can take nice pictures in the dark would be awesome.

The alleged "Pro" model is rumored to have TWO camera sensors for even better low light photography. Even better!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The alleged "Pro" model is rumored to have TWO camera sensors for even better low light photography. Even better!

I'm excited about that but wondering how expensive it's going to be. My hunch is that'll be a 256gb model only. Would love to have it, but thinking it's going to be expensive. And if it is, that may be the one I keep for 2 years though guess I could always sell it. Have always kept my phones -- I need to make a shelf ;)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still not 100% sure. If the rumors of a larger battery are true I will upgrade. The 6/6s battery is pretty bad.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

there have been so many rumours at this stage lol

We have the iPhone 7 (Normal) at least that is solid
Then we have the iPhone 7 Plus (which may be the alleged iPhone 7 Pro)
Then we have rumours about it being called the iPhone 6SE and iPhone 6 SE Plus

Either way, we getting new Apple products so I'm excited!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh