Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Right now I say no, because I love my 6s plus.... It's jailbroken and I really don't want to be without my JB. I don't have a lot of themes or tweaks, but ones I do have I cant live without!...lol

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm gonna skip the 7 and wait to see what comes out in 2017. I have the 6+ and while the battery doesn't last as long as it used to, I've been underwhelmed by rumors about the 7. Of course, this could change during the reveal.

The early rumors I've read about for 2017 include OLED or AMOLED display, and perhaps a new design for the 10th anniversary of the iPhone (edge to edge display, force touch home button, etc.) have me more inclined to skip this year's iteration and plan ahead for next year.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 Plus (non-S model) right now and I'm really not sure at this point. If the specs of the iPhone 7 turn out to be just a slight upgrade to the current 6s model I might get the iPhone 6s instead.

If you ask me, the 6s upgrade was a huge upgrade to the 6 model. What with it having 2 GBs of RAM instead of 1 GB of RAM. So if the iPhone 7 has the same amount of RAM and the CPU is only just slightly faster, I'll just grab the iPhone 6s instead.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading from my 6 Plus. Camera upgrade, ram upgrade possible speaker if the headphone jack is really gone and really hoping for a darker color. The current state of space gray on iPhones is disappointing. Hope they do a space black. 6 Plus i have for 2 years and my longest tenure of a phone ever. Its serving me well but its time to move on.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If I can keep myself away from an Android phone then I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 7. I can't not have the latest and greatest. It's a character flaw.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If I can keep myself away from an Android phone then I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 7. I can't not have the latest and greatest. It's a character flaw.

Well then you'll have to get the iPhone 7. Your Android will no longer be the latest OR the greatest :)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
BGR: iPhone 7 specs: A10 benchmarks leaked

According to the article linked above, the rumored Apple A10 CPU to be featured in the upcoming iPhone 7 appears to top 3000 in Geekbench 3 Single-Core tests, nearly 500 points more than the Apple A9 which is in the iPhone 6s.

iphone-7-a10-processor-geekbench-benchmark.jpg

The question is... will that improvement in performance between the A9 and the rumored A10 CPU be that noticeable? Will it be enough to really make a difference? Will it be as noticeable as what was seen between the A8 and the A9?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
In the Apple upgrade program since I was buying new iPhone every year anyway. With the Apple upgrade program makes it easier since I don't have to bother selling my current iPhone. Turn that in and get a new one every year.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
In the Apple upgrade program since I was buying new iPhone every year anyway. With the Apple upgrade program makes it easier since I don't have to bother selling my current iPhone. Turn that in and get a new one every year.

Only issue with that though doesn't the phone have to be in near pristine condition to turn it in?

I was thinking of doing this too with the iPhone 7 and I have my mom on the upgrade program right now but I'm probably going to keep her on the 6S for three years cause she doesn't use her phone for much or either give her my 6S+ and trade her 6S back in to get the 7+.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Only issue with that though doesn't the phone have to be in near pristine condition to turn it in?

I was thinking of doing this too with the iPhone 7 and I have my mom on the upgrade program right now but I'm probably going to keep her on the 6S for three years cause she doesn't use her phone for much or either give her my 6S+ and trade her 6S back in to get the 7+.

I'm thinking about getting the 7/7Plus/7Pro this way. I pay for AC+ anyway. You don't have to trade it in, if I remember correctly. You could buy it outright and sell it.

This also all depends on whether I can get one online this way. The closest Apple Store to me is 120 miles away.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am unsure. I have the 6s plus now and it seems like the new iPhone likely won't be revolutionary. I have barely had this a month but I can easily jump to the new iPhone.

I'm considering not upgrading and waiting till the 2017 one simply because it is the ten year anniversary. On the other hand I am very curious what T-Mobile has in store for windows phones. If by September I haven't seen any new windows phone come to T-Mobile and if the iPhone 7 interests me I may go with it. Then again my 6s plus is not bad TBH.

Too early to tell.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods