Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am upgrading from the iphone 6 that I got when it was launched back in 2014. I just don't want to pay like 1,000 dollars for a phone. My limit is like 300 or 400 max. With the old AT&T upgrade plan all you had to do was wait for your contract to be renewed and you could get the newest iphone for reasonable price. Like the iphone 6 64 GB was only 300 for me and the 6 Plus 64 GB was only 400. I was hoping the iphone 7 would be similarly priced. I am not really excited about having to pay 40 dollars a month or pay like 800 bucks straight up for a phone. But I don't know I am still excited and will most likely get the iphone 7 one way or another ha.

djinni2

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I plan on upgrading because I am using a Galaxy s5. It works okay but am ready for my first Iphone. I have everything else Apple, might as well jump ship, right?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

selovell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Whew, I was not planning to upgrade but will not make a firm decision until after today's announcement. I am sure it will be tempting!

Joebin

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Watching Phil Schiller talking about the iPhone 7 now. Looks like a solid upgrade. I am also on the iPhone 6 Plus, which is an awesome device even at 2 generations old. The iPhone 7 camera alone is reason alone to upgrade.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I think I just might, if something really speaks to me today! I work nights now, so preordering in the middle of the night will no longer be an issue for me! Haha

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Gonna stick with my 6S Plus. No real improvements to video. Don't care about wide color gamut no other screens I use have. Screen resolution is still low and the battery improvements on the Plus is lackluster after all the talk about efficiency.

That camera bump looks absolutely gargantuan.

It's too expensive to pay basically for an upgraded camera and home button. Mute switch also removed, which is a bigger deal to me than the headphone jack, even though I listen to music through headphones at least five hours a day. The mute switch is going to completely nerf usability and convenience for me.

Majority of features are in the software update, which I'm getting anyways.

I rather buy a way superior Sony camera than spend $900 on a rather lackluster smartphone upgrade. These are typically the kinds of upgrades that make me try out other platforms, but I think I will save the money this year and sit on my S Plus.

I have actually been using my phone very little lately, anyways, since I game on console and PC and I'm not on any Social Media.

gkevin315

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey, so now that you've seen the specs and features of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Pus, what do you think? Will you upgrade from your iPhone 6 Plus?

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Im not so sure about this whole audio jack thing. How can you charge and use headphones at same time now? I do it all the time with a portable usb battery while at work. It looks like a downgrade to me because it limits everything to one plug. The only way i see this being addressed is a plug adapter to do both or a case with a pass through plug for both headphones and battery at same time.

Oh here we go this addresses the problem...the AirPods ...those look cool.

http://images.apple.com/media/us/ai...pods-feature-tft-cc-us-20160907_1536x640h.mp4

IMG_1473279617.994213.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2