iPhone 7 Series Said to Have 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB Storage

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why not have four options 32, 64, 128 and 256gb? Let the price point between 32 and 64 be $50 difference.

Too many SKUs! They'd have to do it in each color, too. I think 32, 128, 256 is a good line up :) Either way I'm going to 128 this time, and getting the Plus.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. Adding one more option and having four choices instead of three is not like adding three or four options. I suppose we all have different opinions and feel that our personal opinion is more accurate. I guess Apple will make that final decision.

They'd have to do it in each color, too. When has Apple given us too many choices? They usually keep it on the side of not enough ;)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Too many SKUs! They'd have to do it in each color, too. I think 32, 128, 256 is a good line up :) Either way I'm going to 128 this time, and getting the Plus.

I still disagree...have you ever seen how many Androids they have in a store? Those all need different SKU's as well, but they have plenty of different Android devices

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I disagree. Adding one more option and having four choices instead of three is not like adding three or four options. I suppose we all have different opinions and feel that our personal opinion is more accurate. I guess Apple will make that final decision.

Whether you disagree or not, it's not going to happen. Your not going to have, for example the plus, a $749, $799, 849, and $949 price point. Four price points per flagship phone just isn't going to happen. Mark my word on that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whether you disagree or not, it's not going to happen. Your not going to have, for example the plus, a $749, $799, 849, and $949 price point. Four price points per flagship phone just isn't going to happen. Mark my word on that.

Once again it's a matter of opinion. Anything is possible.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I still disagree...have you ever seen how many Androids they have in a store? Those all need different SKU's as well, but they have plenty of different Android devices

And which one would you buy? Too many options. Plus with only a $50 difference it would seem the options are too close to have a real differentiation.

dragontology

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
16 is just too small. 32 is the new 16. It's good enough for most people but not enough for many.

Personally I think 256GB is too much, but hey, that's just me. Maybe somebody wants to record a ton of 4K video... or carry their entire film library with them. More power to them. I wonder how many people sprung for 128GB vs 64GB last year. My 6s is 128GB, but I have 75GB free space, so I could be using a 64GB model and have the same experience... but I'm only 2 months into it, so I may put a bunch more stuff on it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
16 is just too small. 32 is the new 16. It's good enough for most people but not enough for many.

Personally I think 256GB is too much, but hey, that's just me. Maybe somebody wants to record a ton of 4K video... or carry their entire film library with them. More power to them. I wonder how many people sprung for 128GB vs 64GB last year. My 6s is 128GB, but I have 75GB free space, so I could be using a 64GB model and have the same experience... but I'm only 2 months into it, so I may put a bunch more stuff on it.
I had plenty of space on my 64gb but as time has gone on, not so much (about 7gb free). I'll get the 128gb next time.

tokuzumi

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
That 256GB variant is going to be some serious coin. I can see $100 differences between the 64GB and the 128GB variants. But the 256GB variant is going to be at least $150 more than the 128GB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Plus model top $1000.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That 256GB variant is going to be some serious coin. I can see $100 differences between the 64GB and the 128GB variants. But the 256GB variant is going to be at least $150 more than the 128GB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Plus model top $1000.

I've been wondering the same. But curious to see how it shakes out. Wouldn't be surprised if they figure a way to do it.

dragontology

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I had plenty of space on my 64gb but as time has gone on, not so much (about 7gb free). I'll get the 128gb next time.
That's the problem with phones lacking a memory card slot. For six years with Android, I refused to get a phone without one. My last phone was a 32GB HTC One M8, and I had a 64GB card in it. So 96GB total. I had Nandroid (full system) backups, Titanium backups (apps and their settings — yes, this was somewhat redundant), and a bunch of other crap I didn't need, but I never felt like I had too little space. $30 128GB memory cards didn't even begin to tempt me. Still, I decided that 64GB wouldn't be enough. 96GB was fine. When the Nexus phones came out with the 128GB size (I think Apple had this with the first iPhone 6 but I'm not sure), I thought, I could go without a memory card slot if I had 128GB. And when I went to get my iPhone 6s, I planned to get the 64GB. Figured, without the Nandroids and Titanium backups, 64GB would be enough. And maybe it would be. But you can't get more space on a fixed storage phone like the iPhone or Nexus. But Nexus phones, like any Android phones, are disposable. They don't hold up more than 18-30 months, at least in my experience. Others keep 'em longer but I never did. 24 months was the longest I ever kept one and I had to. I'm thinking, and I hope I'm right, that I'll keep my iPhone 6s for 3-4 years. I know some iPhone 4s users are going on five years with theirs, and that's a 4s (first iPhone I considered owning was the 5s, for widescreen and Touch ID and the specs didn't turn me off, though I realize now they matter less here).

Now what I'm wondering, having fallen in love with the smaller size, if there'll be an SE-sized iPhone when I decide to replace my 6s. No one can really say now, but the SE topping out at 64GB was kind of a disappointment. When I do decide to trade up, if there's a 4" iPhone with the specs of the current ones, with 128GB storage, that's what I want next. Done with big phones. Wife's got a Droid Turbo 2 and it seems huge, though it's only, I think, 5.3". It's a beautiful phone, too, it's just so big. But, it's really not big enough to watch a movie on. It doesn't have a kickstand either, and the back is way too pretty to stick a Flygrip, or a Flygrip and case, on, though the latter would work in a pinch. For all the things a bigger screen would do for me, I'd rather have a laptop, or a notebook, or whatever they're called now. Maybe a MacBook, even. I've only ever used Windows, but only because I'm a gamer. Either I'm getting a gaming laptop, or I'm not, and if I'm not, why suffer Windows? OS X, or, sorry, macOS, is just so much nicer.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It definitely makes sense to me. As my music collection grows, my available space decreases. I only have 13GB of my 128 left

Exactly this. I do understand that some do/ have storage in other places, but I like to keep everything on my iPhone. Out 128gb I have approx 25gb left, so I'm looking at 256gb for my next iPhone. For me there is no such thing as to much storage..."it's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly this. I do understand that some do/ have storage in other places, but I like to keep everything on my iPhone. Out 128gb I have approx 25gb left, so I'm looking at 256gb for my next iPhone. For me there is no such thing as to much storage..."it's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

But you would soon have 256 gb filled. Then what? Storage management makes it workable. There's nothing wrong with using photo storage apps like Box and Dropbox. It's not like you can't see them on the phone, because you can. Just not in the camera roll.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR