Should I upgrade the 6s+ or get the 7+/7 in September?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
6s to 6s plus isn't much of an upgrade.

I think for me it will be. Full HD display, OIS in the camera, landscape view are important features to me. If I upgrade before 9/4 (which I can: I just have to pay $85 plus sales tax, case, and screen protector.). It'll last me until the iPhone 8 Plus next year. I'm worried that in September the model I want may not be in stock (128 GB Space Gray) as the AT&T Store may be trying to sell its inventory.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think for me it will be. Full HD display, OIS in the camera, landscape view are important features to me. If I upgrade before 9/4 (which I can: I just have to pay $85 plus sales tax, case, and screen protector.). It'll last me until the iPhone 8 Plus next year. I'm worried that in September the model I want may not be in stock (128 GB Space Gray) as the AT&T Store may be trying to sell its inventory.

The camera is worse than an iPhone 6 Plus camera and the OIS is barely noticeable if at all to me. I would not upgrade for the camera. I would definitely wait for the 7 for that.

Screen resolution is good but the PPI is comparable so you really aren't gaining anything. They just increase the resolution to maintain a decent PPI over the larger screen. Unless the aspect ratio differs. I never kept a small iPhone longer than a week so I haven't looked into that angle.

I think I've use landscape view outside of a photo or video app 5 times or less. Never use my phone that way except when looking at media. I'm curious of the use cases for this and how it affects usability for others, cause I have seen several mentions of it as a reason to go up to the Plus.

At this point, almost anyone is better off waiting for the next model to upgrade. It's too far into the release cycle. If you held off this long, you mind as well wait a little longer. Not like you're gonna get a discount for upgrading late, as long as it's the current model.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
The camera is worse than an iPhone 6 Plus camera and the OIS is barely noticeable if at all to me. I would not upgrade for the camera. I would definitely wait for the 7 for that.

Screen resolution is good but the PPI is comparable so you really aren't gaining anything. They just increase the resolution to maintain a decent PPI over the larger screen. Unless the aspect ratio differs. I never kept a small iPhone longer than a week so I haven't looked into that angle.

I think I've use landscape view outside of a photo or video app 5 times or less. Never use my phone that way except when looking at media. I'm curious of the use cases for this and how it affects usability for others, cause I have seen several mentions of it as a reason to go up to the Plus.

At this point, almost anyone is better off waiting for the next model to upgrade. It's too far into the release cycle. If you held off this long, you mind as well wait a little longer. Not like you're gonna get a discount for upgrading late, as long as it's the current model.

Thanks for your input. Either I will upgrade soon or on 9/4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal