Please Apple,step it up.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm not saying that coming up with ideas is bad, what I do have a problem with is coming up with half-*** ideas that don't pan out in the end. If you have a genuinely good idea, then go for it! But think about it first and if you don't think that a majority of users are going to use it, don't do it; let it die in the R&D lab instead of looking like fools in the market.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I'm not saying that coming up with ideas is bad, what I do have a problem with is coming up with half-*** ideas that don't pan out in the end. If you have a genuinely good idea, then go for it! But think about it first and if you don't think that a majority of users are going to use it, don't do it; let it die in the R&D lab instead of looking like fools in the market.

Obviously these companies believe they have genuinely good ideas or they would be doing them. LG, must have thought modular add ons was going to be a success or they wouldn't have done it. I happen to think modular add on's is a total waste. I thought that when LG did it and now Moto. But these companies are fighting for market share which forces them to differentiate themselves from the competition. If you dont like it, you dont buy it. I would much rather have a choice in my purchase than be forced into what one company (Apple in this case) tells me what I need and what I dont (headphone jack anyone?).

I thought a dual camera was a gimmick (still do) but guess who is coming out with it? I thought a curved screen was a gimmick, but its awesome. I think an Iris scanner is a gimmick, but its getting solid reviews so far. Today's gimmick is tomorrow's most sought after feature set. The best thing these phone oem's can do is offer the features and let the customer decide.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Obviously these companies believe they have genuinely good ideas or they would be doing them. LG, must have thought modular add ons was going to be a success or they wouldn't have done it. I happen to think modular add on's is a total waste. I thought that when LG did it and now Moto. But these companies are fighting for market share which forces them to differentiate themselves from the competition. If you dont like it, you dont buy it. I would much rather have a choice in my purchase than be forced into what one company (Apple in this case) tells me what I need and what I dont (headphone jack anyone?).

I thought a dual camera was a gimmick (still do) but guess who is coming out with it? I thought a curved screen was a gimmick, but its awesome. I think an Iris scanner is a gimmick, but its getting solid reviews so far. Today's gimmick is tomorrow's most sought after feature set. The best thing these phone oem's can do is offer the features and let the customer decide.

I agree with this. I honestly thought Touch ID was a gimmick and I didn't need it because I didn't use a password. I was proven wrong, I love Touch ID.

I thought 3D Touch was a gimmick and so far for me it has been.

I like when companies try stuff because it if works out then you can have something great.

Honestly I think the black note 7 looks terrific and I really want one. But I know I will want the new iPhone next month so I'm not getting the note.

I just really hope the rumors are true and Apple releases a new black iPhone, close to the color of the note would be awesome

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
All I want is file management. That's it. I want to be able to download attachments, manage those files and obtain music from any source of my choosing. That's all I want. iOS will officially be the greatest and least flawed mobile OS in my book if/when that happens. I've been begging for that for years...I've stopped holding my breath.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can obtain music from wherever you want... It just has to be added to iTunes and synced via iTunes... at least half my iTunes library is non ITunes purchased...

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My perfect phone will be Samsung phone with ios. Lol

I was thinking about this recently. I love Samsung hardware, it's a beautiful phone, the screen is amazing, water resistant and I love the edge to edge screen. What brings the phone down is android with touchwiz overlaid on top of it. If it could run iOS, it would be damn near perfect.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I won't. I really hate the edge screen, it's just a waste of a goegeous screen. It is not good loking with any type of content... I like the Galaxy build quality overall but with the regular S7. If i do hope Apple will do something to trim down their bezels a bit, i really hope they won't do annedge screen

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You can obtain music from wherever you want... It just has to be added to iTunes and synced via iTunes... at least half my iTunes library is non ITunes purchased...

That's the problem. I don't want to have to be tied to a computer. Every other mobile OS allows local management and downloading of music files to be played in the native music player. iOS requires me to download a third party browser where all of those files will be held. The hardware is more than capable of what I want. It's simply whether or not Apple will do it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
That's the problem. I don't want to have to be tied to a computer. Every other mobile OS allows local management and downloading of music files to be played in the native music player. iOS requires me to download a third party browser where all of those files will be held. The hardware is more than capable of what I want. It's simply whether or not Apple will do it.

Then, maybe iOS isn't for you. I have no problem with moving my music around on my phone between apps. Of course the iTunes music directory is the whole point of music on an iPhone, just like an iPod.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Then, maybe iOS isn't for you. I have no problem with moving my music around on my phone between apps. Of course the iTunes music directory is the whole point of music on an iPhone, just like an iPod.

Sheesh. One grievance and now the whole OS isn't for me? Calm down. If you like every single thing about iOS and wouldn't change a thing then great. Apple won. Not everybody is as easily pleased. And once you've used every mobile OS it's easy to see things that you'd enjoy on your daily smart phone.

I didn't ask for a recommendation on whether or not Apple is for me. Nor did I ask you if you like the way the system is set up. I'm very capable of determining what is and isn't for me. I'm a big boy. Thank you though.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about this recently. I love Samsung hardware, it's a beautiful phone, the screen is amazing, water resistant and I love the edge to edge screen. What brings the phone down is android with touchwiz overlaid on top of it. If it could run iOS, it would be damn near perfect.

This ^

That's why the Nexus is the closest thing to an iPhone Android experience.

Thanks to stock Android and no bloatware.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Get ready for bad writing ;). I even jumped ship, I just pre ordered a note 7. And I never pre order anything. I'm a iOS fan but apple has truly fell behind. Got to play with a s7 randomly at a bar one day and was blown away. I'll be a lost person for awhile on my note, but I think it's time to move on. smart phones have been around for awhile now and. Much like a child moving out of his/her parents house. I don't need apples parenting telling me what I can and can not do. Also I have a unlimited data plan apple I don't NEED wifi for apps or other big downloads.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Nexus phones are optimized like ****. Well maybe not **** but it's not good

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Sorry the battery optimization is bad for most stuff. Playing games or anything but just browsing murders the battery. Material design on the other hand looks beautiful.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry the battery optimization is bad for most stuff. Playing games or anything but just browsing murders the battery. Material design on the other hand looks beautiful.

That's normal, since the display is 2K...

I know right! I love how material design looks like.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
That's normal, since the display is 2K...

I know right! I love how material design looks like.

I don't think it's just the screen though. The more I have used the 6p the phone just has minor bugs all over the place. Nothing HUGE but they are there. I figure I'll give my note a week and see if I want to keep or return it. Just wish Samsung would use thier own exynos chips rather than the snapdragon

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I thought Nexus remains the smoothest in the long run due to it being stock?

And yes Nexus phones are rather smooth. Actually I found the Nexus 6 to be smoother than my 6+. The 6p is smooth also and I have been on the N beta since day 2. Love my nexuseseses but it's just the battery isnt what it should be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73